Options

Do you think WPB and Tampa will sell out? 10c and overall?

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Fairly self explanatory question.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    neither will sell out....

and due to poor attendance in the south(again)....

these will be the last pearl jam shows the south will ever see.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    neither will sell out....

and due to poor attendance in the south(again)....

these will be the last pearl jam shows the south will ever see.......

I tend to agree with you. The 10c tickets certainly aren't selling like hot cakes, that's for sure.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    or they could have contracted with TM for a higher fan club percentage..... who knows?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Or not every fan is in the 10c club as the shows I have been to down south were Filled with happy people!!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    or they could have contracted with TM for a higher fan club percentage..... who knows?

That is what I am hoping. maybe they are including service charges to the tickets from 10club to compensate ticketmaster for giving more fanclub seats. Who knows but I bet most here would be willing to pay the service charges if that meant it would be easier to get tix.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    ya'll need to seriously chill. Florida is horrible for attendance at entertainment events (see Florida Marlins -2 WS Rings too) .

Plus its middle of the week.

I think they will sell out once the general on-sale hits.

This is not a fair sample on how the South sells as these are relatively small markets.
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Last min notice of announcing and sales could also explain the fact they're not flying off the site. I'm noticing a lot of people who can't go this time around to a lot of the shows, not just Florida.

Hopefully this is true, for it gives me a better chance at tix.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    ya'll need to seriously chill. Florida is horrible for attendance at entertainment events (see Florida Marlins -2 WS Rings too) .

Plus its middle of the week.

I think they will sell out once the general on-sale hits.

This is not a fair sample on how the South sells as these are relatively small markets.

Did you seriously just type "ya'll"?
  • Options
    dwrocks1dwrocks1 Posts: 23
    I think the house's will be full, but sold out is kind of pushing it. It's not like they really advertise the shows like some groups you hear about their info is every other song on the radio. Not to mention every now and then I will wear an old PJ shirt and somebody will ask me if they are still even together...sickening.
  • Options
    after seeing what the tix cost for Mansfield and Hartford it looks like we are getting hit with the service charges so maybe they are getting more 10c tix at each venue and charging us the fees to give to Ticketmaster to offset the loss of not getting fees from the tickets that are going to fanclubs? Maybe?

• Options
    gohikegohike Posts: 31
    In2Deep wrote:
    Last min notice of announcing and sales could also explain the fact they're not flying off the site. I'm noticing a lot of people who can't go this time around to a lot of the shows, not just Florida.

Hopefully this is true, for it gives me a better chance at tix.

The reason PJ doesn't play the south is because of low attendance and lack of demand. Sure there are a few PJ die hards that want to see them play in Fla, but the fact remains they don't sell the tickets there! I believe it was Stone who acknowledged this during the last tour. Eddie's solo presale tickets sold out in minutes. A full PJ show in two cities (West Palm and Tampa) are still on the 10c site 2 hours and 15 minutes after they went on sale? This alone speaks volumes about the market. Florida fans, stock up on your frequent flyer miles because after this go around, that's how you are going to travel to see them play!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Did you seriously just type "ya'll"?

What's wrong with ya'll? :o
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    Well, if the south has such a small fanbase then this would seem to be a great time to play a more intimate venue with smaller crowds.

It seems to me they cut off their own foot.....lack of album sales, lack of touring there in the past....etc.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    Urohawk wrote:

It seems to me they cut off their own foot.....lack of album sales, lack of touring there in the past....etc.

they toured there in the past and had didnt sell out venues, that is what caused the lack of touring there. Not the other way around.

• Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    They will sell out, it will just take longer because Florida is a backwards ass state.

And don't pin this on the south. I guarantee you a Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta show would have sold out 10c tix by now.
  • Options
    gohike wrote:
    The reason PJ doesn't play the south is because of low attendance and lack of demand. Sure there are a few PJ die hards that want to see them play in Fla, but the fact remains they don't sell the tickets there!

and you know this because you were in attendance at the WPB shows in 98, 2000 and 2003?

I'm one of those fans that travels all over the place, so I dont get to hung up on the they dont play here or there, but to say that those shows dont have good attandance its just pretty OFF, I'd like to know what you base your assumption of the low attendance in West Palm Beach... you are generalizing.
  • Options
    i say they just git rid of the Florida shows and play Boston 3 times.I guarantee all 3 would sell out in minutes! :)
  • Options
    Quantity versus quality.

I'll take a 3/4 house full of rabid Florida fans over 3 full nites of overhyped big city shows anytime!

Anytime we can avoid an onslaught of northerners in FLA, its a good day.

SW
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    I'm waiting for the tickets to go on sale to the general public as I'm not a Ten Club member.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    They will sell out, it will just take longer because Florida is a backwards ass state.

And don't pin this on the south. I guarantee you a Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta show would have sold out 10c tix by now.

"Location: Marijuana vending machine"

Who's backwards?
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    "Location: Marijuana vending machine"

Who's backwards?

Florida.
  • Options
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Quantity versus quality.

I'll take a 3/4 house full of rabid Florida fans over 3 full nites of overhyped big city shows anytime!

SW

I like the way you think!
  • Options
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Quantity versus quality.

SW

first of all there is nothing over hyped about the shows up north!

2nd isn't Florida where Creed crawled out of?

3rd half of your fucking state is comprised of former northerners.(now southerners)
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Quantity versus quality.

SW

I will second that emotion!!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    the Chadthe Chad Posts: 65
    Will they sell out? No

West Pam Beach PB, the shed will be sold out...the lawn not so much
    Cruzan can hold 20k with the lawn full.

98 they did 2 nights, 2 sell outs, I was there...2000 they did 2 shows the first show was sold out, the 2nd night the reserved was not sold out, Eddie commented "a crowd this size" ....2003 one show not sold out...

Tampa will not be close, they should have played the fairgrounds...
    2000 the Ice Palace was SOLD OUT even behind the stage,

2003 not even close, the upper deck was half full....the behind the stage section was closed off, still a fun show...

You know what who cares, I am going, sold or not, I love PJ, I love to rock out, go to the beach, drink some beers have fun!
  • Options
    double post.
  • Options
    first of all there is nothing over hyped about the shows up north!

2nd isn't Florida where Creed crawled out of?

3rd half of your fucking state is comprised of former northerners.(now southerners)

Oh yeah, northern shows are great. Hundreds of drunk people yelling "pissah" and bouncing off you like some dumb ass mosh pit from 1992. Nothing like an arena full of alcoholic city trash with some false sense of entitlement.

Nah, I'll take a show and hungover next day at the beach anytime. That is, if you can find some tranquility among the pasty white New jers/york/Bostonites that invade like albino cockroaches.
  • Options
    Scuba200ft wrote:
    Oh yeah, northern shows are great. Hundreds of drunk people yelling "pissah" and bouncing off you like some dumb ass mosh pit from 1992. Nothing like an arena full of alcoholic city trash with some false sense of entitlement.

Nah, I'll take a show and hungover next day at the beach anytime. That is, if you can find some tranquility among the pasty white New jers/york/Bostonites that invade like albino cockroaches.

And it looks like PJ enjoys us pasty-ies. Enjoy the last couple PJ shows in your state.

• Options
    Or Pearl Jam could just play the cities that are guaranteed to sell out. They could play every day of the week in Atlanta and sell out every time. Same with Charlotte and Raleigh. It's not my fault that Pearl Jam plays West Palm Beach were there is no demand for them. They know where their fan club base is highest and where they have sold out before.

Radiohead sold out Lakewood in Atlanta in about 5 minutes. Sold out Charlotte as well. I couldn't even get tickets. Foo Fighters sell out every time they play the south as well.

But everyone knows Florida sucks for music. Stick with Atlanta, one of the best music towns in America. I have no idea why they are playing Columbia, South Carolina. If they sell out it will only be because of people from Atlanta and North Carolina driving down. South Carolina is a shit hole.
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    i agree with the idea why not play a smaller venue...sure the $$ won't be as much for the band etc but the band always saythey like playing smaller venues plus they would sell out most likely