Options

Afghan war may be lost

Comments

• Options
    The more it goes, the more i think these neo cons (canadians, americans, worldwide all the same) are in fact really thinking they're doing the right thing with these stupid wars and they really think they're good at it (war)... it's horrible.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    the war in Afganishtan was about construction of an oil pipeline to Pakistan. Everything else is a lie.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    the war in Afganishtan was about construction of an oil pipeline to Pakistan. Everything else is a lie.

what about 9/11 ?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    what about 9/11 ?

inside job. Only possible explanation that makes sense.
  • Options
    inside job. Only possible explanation that makes sense.

o ok.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    o ok.

Of all the anomilies of that day, Building 7 is the only one that needs pointing to.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    jlew24asu wrote:
    yes

no

it really pisses me off when people like you smile and stood on your couch and cheered when the WTC was attacked.

neither of your pathetic examples are justification for killing thousands of innocent people.
    Oh, knock it off. No one here was smiling and cheering on 9/11 and you know it. It's possible to understand a chain of events and still not be happy and dancing about the outcome.

You don't honestly think that a bunch of Saudis simply took it into their heads to attack us for no reason at all, do you? They just had a hole in their schedule that week and thought it sounded like fun? Or was it because they hate us for our freedom? I mean, I've heard oversimplifications before, but that really takes the cake.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Oh, knock it off. No one here was smiling and cheering on 9/11 and you know it. It's possible to understand a chain of events and still not be happy and dancing about the outcome.
    sure it is. america is the bad guy and got what it deserved.
    hippiemom wrote:
    You don't honestly think that a bunch of Saudis simply took it into their heads to attack us for no reason at all, do you? They just had a hole in their schedule that week and thought it sounded like fun? Or was it because they hate us for our freedom? I mean, I've heard oversimplifications before, but that really takes the cake.
    sorry I get pissed when people sympathize with the enemy.
  • Options
    Of all the anomilies of that day, Building 7 is the only one that needs pointing to.

I know right. bush and cheney really pulled a fast one us.

http://www.dreamworksfansite.com/preview2003/images/Old_School_One.jpg
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582

That pipeline done yet...??? You have some proof of this? Like, real proof...not a salon.com or rense.com article. Real proof.

???
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    jlew24asu wrote:
    Not to sound glib, but perhaps you should find out who the enemies really are.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    jlew24asu wrote:

Is saying stupid things what you usually do when you get pissed? How does that help?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    jlew24asu wrote:
    And another thing - why so black and white on this issue? America has it's flaws, all the greatest protagonists do. Does refusing to admit that make the images of war less painful? At least "they" brought it on "themselves"?

Is that any different than people cheering over the deaths of 3,000 civilians?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

The fact is, the current strategy is not working, the current war strategy to fight an ideology is weak and will just lead to more hate and anger. I don't understand why it's so hard to see that war won't solve the middle east problems. Past or history should point that out to everyone, but some peoples still prefer to believe that it will work, without plans, without proofs, without solutions. Just more soldiers, more war, more killings. So the situation will just escalade, just as it is currently going worst and worst in Irak, Afghan will be the same.

Al Quaida are not your nation's enemy, and calling individuals who oppose these wars "sympathizer to the ennemy" is just garbage, gives nothing, just getting your own frustration away i guess, but it's non-sense.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    jlew24asu wrote:
    it really pisses me off when people like you smile and stood on your couch and cheered when the WTC was attacked.

jlew you are smart enough to know that know one stood and cheered when the towers were attacked, except of course the Israelis
  • Options
    The fact is, the current strategy is not working, the current war strategy to fight an ideology is weak and will just lead to more hate and anger. I don't understand why it's so hard to see that war won't solve the middle east problems. Past or history should point that out to everyone, but some peoples still prefer to believe that it will work, without plans, without proofs, without solutions. Just more soldiers, more war, more killings. So the situation will just escalade, just as it is currently going worst and worst in Irak, Afghan will be the same.
    I agree
    Al Quaida are not your nation's enemy, and calling individuals who oppose these wars "sympathizer to the ennemy" is just garbage, gives nothing, just getting your own frustration away i guess, but it's non-sense.
    sorry but you lost me here. el queda is the sworn enemy of america. has been for a long time now. el queda and extreme islam. they want to destroy us and what we stand for.

and while I know america has flaws, some very big ones, I do not find any justification for the attack on 9/11. as some people do around here
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    That pipeline done yet...??? You have some proof of this? Like, real proof...not a salon.com or rense.com article. Real proof.

???

I thought this was common knowledge?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    I thought this was common knowledge?

you thought was is common knowledge? that bush and co orchestrated 9/11 in order to build a pipeline?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I agree
    I do not find any justification for the attack on 9/11. as some people do around here

history speaks for itself...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you thought was is common knowledge? that bush and co orchestrated 9/11 in order to build a pipeline?

no....that the fact the pipeline is being built.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    jlew you are smart enough to know that know one stood and cheered when the towers were attacked, except of course the Israelis

http://beirut.indymedia.org/ar/2006/12/6287.shtml
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I agree
    sorry but you lost me here. el queda is the sworn enemy of america. has been for a long time now. el queda and extreme islam. they want to destroy us and what we stand for.

and while I know america has flaws, some very big ones, I do not find any justification for the attack on 9/11. as some people do around here

Al quaida hit Spain and many other countries too, they're a worldwide criminal organization. But i can see why some in the USA see them as their ennemy, since most of the country wealth is going after a war on terror, it's easy to think that way, but i still disagree.

I'll never agree with someone saying the victims of 9/11 deserve to die that night, or that the USA had it coming, but the reasons behind the attack has to be analyzed and they did have reasons, even if we don't like that, we need to understand what happened if we want to go through the next level. Right now i still think that no progress has been made against this terror thing, it's not something that you can fight, just something that you can discourage. Just my opinion.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    MrBrian wrote:

Thats the article I was looking for to post with my response. It's like you were reading my mind.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:

That's some twisted shit right there. But didn't we all get a little giddy during shock and awe in Iraq?

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I agree

The fact that you believe that the problem is Al Qaida and Extreme Islam, just shows how brainwashed you are. I truly hope that you are in a extreme small minority....for the sake of humanity.
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    jlew24asu wrote:

Wilfred Owen’s Photographs

When Parnell’s Irish in the House
    Pressed that the British Navy’s cat-
    O-nine-tails be abolished, what
    Shut against them? It was
    Neither Irish nor English nor of that
    Decade, but of the species.

Predictably, Parliament
    Squared against the motion. As soon
    Let the old school tie be rent
    Off their necks, and give thanks, as see gone
    No shame but a monument –
    Trafalgar not better known.

‘To discontinue it were as much
    As ship not powder and cannonballs
    But brandy and women’ (Laughter). Hearing which
    A witty profound Irishman calls
    For a ‘cat’ into the House, and sits to watch
    The gentry fingering its stained tails.

Whereupon . . .
    quietly, unopposed,
    The motion was passed.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    The fact that you believe that the problem is Al Qaida and Extreme Islam, just shows how brainwashed you are. I truly hope that you are in a extreme small minority....for the sake of humanity.

listen hanky, I dont know who you are or what cave you live in but there are many people who simply shake their head and laugh at your post.

• Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    listen hanky, I dont know who you are or what cave you live in but there are many people who simply shake their head and laugh at your post.

Nice reply....seems to me you truly do have that dumbed down frat house mentality.
  • Options
    Nice reply....seems to me you truly do have that dumbed down frat house mentality.

you're the one getting this low around here... you can disagree with someone without calling name, plus i don't think your insults are really helping your point of view...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    you're the one getting this low around here... you can disagree with someone without calling name, plus i don't think your insults are really helping your point of view...

True, don't usually go this lo.....getting frustrated I guess... hearing the government spin the same shit which has been proven to be lies, and yet people still believe. Depressing really.