Options

"Fuck em"

Comments

• Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Thank you. I actually thought of you and Abook while typing that. While we might normally disagree, we can still share a common element of reasonable debate and respect.

:)Shucks

I do try but I'll admit I can let people get under my skin for time to time and slip a bit.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536

I do try but I'll admit I can let people get under my skin for time to time and slip a bit.

nobody is immune to that. at least you don't go full on hate 24/7.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    my2hands wrote:
    God damn right Eddie!

I am tired of this neo conservative, extreme right wing bullshit agenda...and i am sick of the people that follow it as gospel... embracing hatred, fear, greed, war, violence, restriction of freedoms, war profiteering, non-tolerance, discrimination, lying, etc., etc.

if the blatant lies about Iraq and Katrina didnt wake them up nothing will!

so "fuck em" and anybody that agrees with them

You're sick of non-tolerance?! :)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582

Sure, we all do. But...you have the willingness to reconcile and admit your mistakes / make apologies when they are warranted. That says quite a bit about someones character.

Anyway...enough of this nicey nice stuff. ;):D
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656

The only time I have ever seen you loose your cool was during the barroom hero/gutyoulikeafish incident and that was understandable.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    nobody is immune to that. at least you don't go full on hate 24/7.

Exactly. That's precisely the point. Well said.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Furthermore, what did Katrina have to do with anything conservative? In my opinion, the people that really screwed that up were the Democrats in power in NOLA.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Furthermore, what did Katrina have to do with anything conservative? In my opinion, the people that really screwed that up were the Democrats in power in NOLA.

The federal government dropped the ball as well. Katrina was a total screw up on the local, state, and federal level.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    ^^^^^

Thanks for the kind words guys. I feel like I'm....not on the train for lack of a better joke. Funny, I always ask myself, did I go to far with that response or think: I hope that wasn't too offensive. I know I can be quite the smartass occasionally. Anyways, its good to know I'm not included in the 'intolerant assmunch' catagory.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Sure, we all do. But...you have the willingness to reconcile and admit your mistakes / make apologies when they are warranted. That says quite a bit about someones character.

Anyway...enough of this nicey nice stuff. ;):D

rightbackatcha :)

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    ^^^^^

Thanks for the kind words guys. I feel like I'm....not on the train for lack of a better joke. Funny, I always ask myself, did I go to far with that response or think: I hope that wasn't too offensive. I know I can be quite the smartass occasionally. Anyways, its good to know I'm not included in the 'intolerant assmunch' catagory.

lol, i don't comment here all that much, but when i do it's usually when i've read enough to get me in a pissy mood and i end up typing something not hardcore, but mean spirited. most of the time after i post it i think "shit, i shouldn't have said that".
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,749
    Hey, kc, mammasan, and ABook ... why don't you guys get a fucking room! :)

this was supposed to be an uncivilized conversation.

btw ... I really think ed was joking a bit with the "fuck 'em" comment. I don't think he means that if you think differently than him, he doesn't want you as a fan.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Hey, kc, mammasan, and ABook ... why don't you guys get a fucking room! :)

That would be HAWT. What kind of child would we end up producing out of a scenario like that? Perhaps a downright gorgeous Latino, pro-choice Jesus Freak with artistic flair.

:D

(sorry, couldn't help myself.)
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    That would be HAWT. What kind of child would we end up producing out of a scenario like that? Perhaps a downright gorgeous Latino, pro-choice Jesus Freak with artistic flair.

Hey! I'm not carrying the baby! You'll have to do that Hail....remember Arnold in Junior. :D

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:

That would be one mixed up kid with the three of us as parents.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    What the hell kind of "fuck 'em" thread is this?! It got off to a decent start, but now we've got all this lovey-dovey shit and 3-way baby-making going on ... sheesh! This isn't the moving train I know, that's for sure! :p
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    What the hell kind of "fuck 'em" thread is this?! It got off to a decent start, but now we've got all this lovey-dovey shit and 3-way baby-making going on ... sheesh! This isn't the moving train I know, that's for sure! :p

You know you want in. ;)

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    hippiemom wrote:

Yeah, what in the hell. When did this train derail...
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:

It starting to resemble the DOWN board on the alternate site.
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    my2hands wrote:
    i do not care what you think, and i do not care what you think of me...

This is the kind of jackass you people are all agreeing with. He doesn't give a rat's ass about your opinion. This thread should end now.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    This is the kind of jackass you people are all agreeing with. He doesn't give a rat's ass about your opinion. This thread should end now.

Some of us are actually disagreeing with him. Besides this thread has been hijacked by the three way baby making crowd.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745

If a con had started it, and you switched just a few key words around, the thread would have been locked by the mods quicker than Ed can backpedal at a Storytellers show. And that thread starter would have most likely been banned.

Funny idnt it?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options

No way! It's too much fun now!

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    If a con had started it, and you switched just a few key words around, the thread would have been locked by the mods quicker than Ed can backpedal at a Storytellers show. And that thread starter would have most likely been banned.

Funny idnt it?

So, do you even like this place or pearl jam anymore? I wouldn't come here if I felt such contempt.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    hippiemom wrote:

fuck-em ;)
  • Options

Funny idnt it?

Actually you are inncorrect. The mods would not have locked it. Since my time on here I have seen an equal number of locked threads attributed to both sides of the aisle.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Some people around here (very few) talk about tolerance and understanding...but then when it comes to an opposing viewpoint...they make mean spirited rash generalizations and oversimplifications about those opposing viewpoints...and they say things like "fuck em". That makes no sense. You can't have it both ways. You either have the cognitive reasoning skills to understand that most people here are not blood thirsty war mongering neo"fucks" / suv blowing up tree spiking "communists"...or...you don't. We all preach rhetoric every now and again...but most of us here realize that we're all pretty much decent human beings with quite a bit in common. To sit here and preach about tolerance, and then not be willing to communicate and SHOW that tolerance in return just reeks of an unwillingness to practice what you preach.

Perhaps Ed would say..."If you hate something, don't you do it too."

And that goes for liberals and conservatives alike.

nice! :)
    whenever i have the rare opportunity to agree with ya hailhail...i have to post. very well said.

mammasan wrote:
    It starting to resemble the DOWN board on the alternate site.

oh?
    damn, now i have to go back and read all the posts. :D

hmpf...what false advertising. :p that wasn't DOWN at all...what a disappointment. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    So, do you even like this place or pearl jam anymore? I wouldn't come here if I felt such contempt.

I like some things about this place. Pearl jam Still has great songs, and when ed is singing and not talking he's the best. Why, cant I disagree or be disgruntled and still be a fan? How can you not be a fan of a band that has Mr Michael McCready? I dont feel contempt for pearl jam. I feel contempt for the blatant double standards here on this board, and contempt for the hypocrisy running rampant here.

I am however done giving any of my money to them. But no matter what drivel comes out of Ed's mouth, nothing will ever change the way Pearl Jams music has helped me, healed me, and driven me.

that ok with you? Or are only like minded people allowed to express themselves freely?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I like some things about this place. Pearl jam Still has great songs, and when ed is singing and not talking he's the best. Why, cant I disagree or be disgruntled and still be a fan? How can you not be a fan of a band that has Mr Michael McCready? I dont feel contempt for pearl jam. I feel contempt for the blatant double standards here on this board, and contempt for the hypocrisy running rampant here.

I am however done giving any of my money to them. But no matter what drivel comes out of Ed's mouth, nothing will ever change the way Pearl Jams music has helped me, healed me, and driven me.

that ok with you? Or are only like minded people allowed to express themselves freely?

Does it need to be ok with me? I simply asked you a question out of curiosity. You seem to be getting quite upset for some reason at people just for posting as they see fit....relax a bit, the world's still turning.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Does it need to be ok with me? I simply asked you a question out of curiosity. You seem to be getting quite upset for some reason at people just for posting as they see fit....relax a bit, the world's still turning.

I know this is a hard concept, but sometimes YOUR perceptions of people's emotions that you concoct based upon written words in a forum isnt on point. And no it doesnt need to be okay with you. Is it okay if I post as I see fit? Because you too seem to be getting testy with some people (me) just for posting as they (I) see fit. Relax abook, go find a good conspiracy webpage, crack a beer, grab a joint, and don't worry about me. :)

And you didnt really just ask a simple question out of curiousity. dont bullshit a bullshitter. You then judged me, in stating that if you were me you wouldnt come here, due to my level of contempt. Thats an opinion offered, not a simple question.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad