Options

PJ is a bunch of hypocrites

Comments

• Options
    Just because you didn't get tickets for MSG it is not the end of the world. I understand your frustration about not being able to get through on the site but that really is ten clubs best option to make sure people aren't join 10 club to just get great seats and sell them for 5x the price. The good news about only having a limited amount of seat is that there are still TONS of good seats that will be available come the ticketmaster sale--the best seats are not always the closest.

Just make sure that you are ready to go on ticketmaster 5 minutes before the sale time, create a ticketmaster account and save credit number all before the sale so you can go though the process...1,2,3!

Oh, and I sat behind the stage at the Meadowlands show in 06, and those were amazing seat not only did you have a perfect view the whole show but you also got to see what the guys are seeing on stage.

So relax, I know it sux, I didnt get MSG tickets either, lots of us did... It is not PJ just the crazy amount of fans in the NYC area.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Boo-ya wrote:
    They are so worried about their ticket prices, even though I have been in the fanclub for more than 13 years, I will need to pay 5x the ticket price if I want to see them anywhere but the nose bleeds. I am considering now just forgetting about them completely and finding a new band that allows their fan club members tickets to ANY show they want to see. it is a sad day when you followed individuals 15 years to find out they really do not care!

What difference does it make how long you were(and I hope this holds true) in the 10C....You and EVERYONE ELSE had the same experience. People that were in for 10 days or 10 years all had the SAME shot at tickets. And as for tickets to any show...You are allowed to TRY for tickets...Just a matter of wether or not you are one of the lucky ones.

I get being bummed about getting shut out, but this whole rant and rave being a baby bullshit is some of the funniest stuff I have EVER read...You all should be ashamed at some of the things you have said and the way you are acting...
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Boo-ya wrote:
    maybe they can play a few shows somewhere that is not run by that monoply ticketmaster for fan club members since they obviously can not provide enough tickets (because of ticektmaster, which I admit I was not thinking logically before when I made that "play the entire arena to fan club members" comment). I know they are few and far between arenas for that, but I drove from Pittsburgh to Toledo in 96 to see them play and I was bitching then because I knew that I would get tickets through the fan club, which is why I pay the fan club fee every year.

okay, i can see now that you are starting to calm down. it sucks, its happened to most of us.

it will all be okay , i promise.

the last time i didnt get fan club tix, i met Ed. it all works out.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    Panic821Panic821 Posts: 106
    go to Florida then, or South Carolina, or Virginia, if you dont mind traveling. those tix are still there.

If you had been around this board for the last week or so, you would have known that getting MSG tix would be hell. those who got lucky got it, those you didnt, there's still shows left for tomorrow, and still tix left for South shows.
    my signature.
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    They are so worried about their ticket prices, even though I have been in the fanclub for more than 13 years, I will need to pay 5x the ticket price if I want to see them anywhere but the nose bleeds. I am considering now just forgetting about them completely and finding a new band that allows their fan club members tickets to ANY show they want to see. it is a sad day when you followed individuals 15 years to find out they really do not care!

good riddance, you and a lot of people like you sound like spoiled 3 year olds. I hope PJ covers some Steam at MSG in your honor.

"NA NA NA NAAAA NA NA NA NAAAAA HEY HEY HEY GOOOODBBBYYEEEE"
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    rjbukowskirjbukowski Posts: 117
    hey, if all i am doing is acting like a baby, do not respond then. isnt this message board for fans to come and vent? I guess none of you were ever so pissed in your life at some point that you said things you probably wouldnt. I am VENTING, if you do not want to watch me vent then do not read the thread. I am very dissapointed that for the 3rd time in a row (Eddie's solo show and 2 MSG shows) that I have to sit there for an half and hour and watch the website crash. I do not think I am entitled to anything, I just thin kthat there has to be a better way to get tickets to fan club members!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Boo-ya wrote:
    hey, if all i am doing is acting like a baby, do not respond then. isnt this message board for fans to come and vent? I guess none of you were ever so pissed in your life at some point that you said things you probably wouldnt. I am VENTING, if you do not want to watch me vent then do not read the thread. I am very dissapointed that for the 3rd time in a row (Eddie's solo show and 2 MSG shows) that I have to sit there for an half and hour and watch the website crash. I do not think I am entitled to anything, I just thin kthat there has to be a better way to get tickets to fan club members!
    And I think there'll ALWAYS be a better way to do things. Anyways, it was the same website for everyone trying to get tickets, therefore, you're not any more disadvantaged than anyone else on the board.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I am very dissapointed that for the 3rd time in a row (Eddie's solo show and 2 MSG shows) that I have to sit there for an half and hour and watch the website crash. I do not think I am entitled to anything, I just thin kthat there has to be a better way to get tickets to fan club members!

Sure, if you would have said that in the first place, there'd be no problem. Many people are frustrated about the servers.

However, the fact that you started this thread by calling the band hypocrites and "threatening" to find another band to follow is going to arouse the wrath of people every time.

What do you expect, for people to read your ignorant nonsense and let it slide by? Sure, you were venting, but by insulting the band that we all love for no apparent reason other than your frustration with a computer server you brought this on yourself.

Now apologize and I'm sure everyone will forgive you.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    well, I am sorry for everybody who ended up getting nothing like me, and i know I am in the same position as everyone else. I just never had problems getting tickets until these last two tours (Eddie's and this tour) and if this is how tickets are going to be "randomly distributed" from now on I just want to know to reconsider my membership and just do ticketmaster
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    the wolf wrote:
    man you should really know what your talking about b4 you bitch like this.

the arena's wont allow PJ or any band for that matter to sell all tickets to fan club members. its in the arena's contract.

i gurantee it. the band is only allowed so many tix to fan club members.

look into it, you find out that im speaking the truth.
    just take a breath and calm down.

Yeah, it's difficult. MSG holds a little under 20,000 people for a concert, so in reality, there was a nation of Ten Club members grabbing for only 1,000 available pairs per show...if that. Chances are a portion of that 10% figure is gobbled up by media and FOBs (friends of the band). Chances are.

Anyway, I am thanking my lucky stars I got one pair for one MSG show. I'm now just hoping that it's the show, much like the legendary July 8, 2003 MSG show (the one where the band was scared witless because the arena was shaking--remember, this was only 18 months after 9/11--only to discover it was completely fine but only two other bands had achieved that, one of which was the Dead). I actually HAD tix for the July 8 show, but had to change to the 9th due to a biz trip (thanks, Kat!). Oh well. Any PJ show is a great show :-)

Good luck to everyone in the general sale, and don't lose hope yet...you know tix always turn up on the boards here in the days and hours before a show.

Last Kisses,

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    They fought the battle with Ticketmaster and lost; so this is what they can do. They did provide tickets, but unfortunately, they can only provide 10%. If everyone keeps bitching, I could see them discontinuing any fan club tickets, which would be a travesty.

Thanks. Saved me a lot of typing.
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    f$%ck this

The pot calling the kettle black
    yourthe hypocrite, i only like themn if i get tickets to every show i want

first off, 5 times for nose bleeds, so so five hundred for 1 ticket
    i doubt it.

secondly, you follow a rock band and get personal enjoyment from their music and you are dumping them over one city and 2 shows.

i listen to soundgarden more than pj, i will never see them, and i will never dump them.

whats the differance.

cant see the beatles, they broke up the year i was born

you sound like the guy that shot the quitar player from pantera.

finally a new band that allows fans to buy any show they want, i guess you gonna roll up to a band and join their club and expect to go to the front of the line, I guess every other band doesnt have the same problem

dude your as fucked up as they come

AMEN! Whaa, Whaa, Whaa!!!!

Tickets in 1998 were $30.25 each for the shows I attended, today they are $74.00... Gas was $1.03 (National Avg. for Regular) in 1998, and today it is probably averaging $3.10 per gallon...by that logic you should quit buying gas too. The Band must survive as well. What are expenses going to be this tour for the band? Get some freaking perspective on the world. Or maybe a better job. What an idiot.
  • Options
    Because Pearl Jam were the only band who actually cared enough to battle ticketmaster, they eventually lost. As a result, ticketmaster gets 90% of the tickets to any show. It's a rule that any band who sells tickets through ticketmaster is forced to follow. And, let's face it, that means pretty much EVERY band who plays shows in the United States.

But yeah, I encourage you to go out and find another band to replace Pearl Jam. I guarantee you that your wonderful new band has never tried to stick up for the fans by battling ticketmaster, and that they do not reserve the BEST seats in the house for the 10% of tickets that they are able to procure for fan club members. Oh yeah, they'll probably charge you much more for Fan Club membership as well, and they won't be nearly as friendly or understanding at the 10C.

Sheesh...people like you need to stop whining and look at the big picture for once in your life.

...and they wouldn't go to bat for the West Memphis Three.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    maybe you should read the thread, I do not care about tickets PRICES, I would pay over $100 to see them withouth thinking about it, it is the way that they now decide to distribute them (and when I say they, I mean the Ten Club, I seriously doubt the band is there workign the servers)
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Boo-ya wrote:
    maybe you should read the thread, I do not care about tickets PRICES, I would pay over $100 to see them withouth thinking about it, it is the way that they now decide to distribute them (and when I say they, I mean the Ten Club, I seriously doubt the band is there workign the servers)

I love how you have the guts to say that despite the fact that the first sentence in the very first post in this thread (written by you) says:

"They are so worried about their ticket prices, even though I have been in the fanclub for more than 13 years, I will need to pay 5x the ticket price if I want to see them anywhere but the nose bleeds."

:confused:
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Please forget about them, please find a new favorite band. If everyone who got shut out of tickets quit the fan club it would then be much easier for the remainder of us to buy tickets. (see the irony here)

I had night one in my cart, went to checkout, Bam! Server craps out, got logged out. Lost it, never got it back. Curses.
    I had night two in my cart, went to checkout, Bam! Server craps out, got logged out. Lost it, fought harder, GOT IT BACK, checked out. Success.
    Two hours and 48 minutes later, finally a pair of tickets. They never said it would be easy and as a matter of fact it was real fucking hard.

Find a new band. I like this one. (alot)

I had the same experience today. It just makes you hungrier to see them, and to realize the true value of that ticket in your hot little hand.

And to the other guy who said Ten Club has never failed him, I gotta add...me neither. TC is there when I need it. I love TC.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    well, I am sorry for everybody who ended up getting nothing like me, and i know I am in the same position as everyone else. I just never had problems getting tickets until these last two tours (Eddie's and this tour) and if this is how tickets are going to be "randomly distributed" from now on I just want to know to reconsider my membership and just do ticketmaster

But then you won't get your groovy Christmas 45 :-(
    Laura in NJ
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
  • Options
    my point there was since I can not get tickets through this new distribution method of having everyone log on to a website at one time that obviously does not have enough bandwidth to handle it, I will need to pay scalpers 5x the amount a regular priced ticket costs. If the BAND was charging $100 a ticket, and "randomly" selected who got tickets, I would not care. Sorry if I do not see this method as being the best way to do it
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    I've said this a few times before. I feel bad for people who didn't get tickets, especially the ones who live in the area. However, I have been in TC since late 94 and because of certain corporate entities it has become harder to get tickets to some shows. I just save my money and try to pick shows that my number is good and are a little less hyped. I knew it was going to be brutal today, so I chose FLA for my PJ shows this year. Cheaper flights and rooms as well.

Again sorry to all for missing out on tickets.
  • Options
    that is a good idea, but seeing the MSG shows are magical, I know the Florida shows will be good, PJ is always good, but you have to admit, MSG is always special
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Gas is also well over 5x the price it was 10 years ago. So either pay and enjoy the show, or don't bitch and don't go. Simple economics. If you can't afford it, DON'T BUY TICKETS!

It really amazes me what bunch of whiners so many people on this board are. We want Pearl Jam to tour, we want new Pearl Jam merchandise, but the minute the band puts something out, everyone bitches about prices and how they can't get into the show. I've never seen so many complainers about what's not on the table when they are given a huge goddam feast.
  • Options
    Hawaii 78Hawaii 78 Posts: 63
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I am not bitching about ticket prices, they are still very reasonable. I am bitching about the fact that the webiste can not have a ticket sell without crashing every freaking time! Did the same thing for Eddie's solo shows. Why am I paying the tenclub the extra money every year again??? For the CHANCE to MAYBE get tickets to a show!!! Thats crap

I totally agree with this for I got shut out of EV tickets (purchased thru a ticket broker for both nights in San Diego for $600, Thanks to George W. Bush's stimulus rebate check. Which is the only good thing that he has done for me in his terms in office.) And now I got shut out of both nights for MSG.
    The web site is a joke! I have been a 10c member since 1995 and to be denied three shows that I wanted to go just because of the web site crashing is b.s. I might add that 2008 is the only time that I have been unable to purchase fan club tickets.
    It's a good thing my respect and love for the band goes deeper than the pain of not going to see them at MSG.
    Denver 94 Red Rocks 95 1 & 2 Denver 98 Seattle 98 1 & 2 Vegas 2000 Denver 03 Vegas 03
    Seattle 04 1 & 2 Denver 06 1 & 2 Vegas 06
    Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Seattle 12/09/2013
    Denver 10/22/2014
    EV San Diego 1 & 2 EV Chicago 1 & 2 2008
    EV Honolulu 1 & 2 2009
    EV Austin 11/09, 11/11 2012
    RNDM Boulder 11/18/2012
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I love the "so concerned about their ticket prices" line ... that was 13 years ago. They fought Ticketmaster and lost. I haven't heard them making a stink about keeping ticket prices low in a long time.

They are out to make money playing music, just like everybody else in the business. So what? You don't want to pay the going rate, don't. Free country.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    that is a good idea, but seeing the MSG shows are magical, I know the Florida shows will be good, PJ is always good, but you have to admit, MSG is always special

Which is why it is difficult to get tickets. Demand is high. Nobody said joining the 10C would guarantee you a ticket to any show you wanted to go to.

The system doesn't crash at every ticket sale. Just at the sales where demand is through the roof.

Anybody try to get tickets in '95? You had to call an 800 number (get a busy signal, hang up, try again, busy, hang up, try again, repeat) until you got through.

My group of friends had 12 people trying. I was the only one who got through.

High demand = tough ticket.

It's the way it works in life.
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I will need to pay scalpers 5x the amount a regular priced ticket costs.

or you could buy them via Ticketmaster through the public sale for less than that.
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    Wow..."Find another band" ?

Hmmm.

I love this band for the music they make.

Maybe I'm weird?

Sorry you didn't get tickets man.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    have a nice life, don't the let the door hit ya on the way out =)
    A compliment for us is a compliment for you ...

- Philly the Heart of Pearl Jam -
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    I think the tickets were cheap, 80 dollars or so for a ticket, is probably cheaper than most big band's tickets these days. Most bands nowadays raise their ticket prices, i guess to compensate for people downloading instead of buying records.....na, expensive was paying 200 dollars for a Neil Young ticket a few years ago.

And don't forget, lots of people (like me) have to pay loads of money to travel to the shows too (I'm flying from Sweden), so in the big picture, its really nothing to whine about.

10C (which i much appreciate) though has the worst site ever. How hard can it be to find a way to sell tickets fairley without a crash??
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    the wolf wrote:
    the last time i didnt get fan club tix, i met Ed. it all works out.

only Ed ? not the whole band ? man, that sucks... i'd find another band to like if that happened to me....

;):D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Boo-ya wrote:

and London last year was, unless i'm mistaken, massively populated by non-Londoners because everyone wanted to go to the show where 10c had reserved the whole floor for the fan club.

after a similar period of bitching about out-of-towners or non-UKpeople getting tickets everything settled down, most people seemed to get tickets either through spares or ticketbastard and everyone had a great time :D

it'll work out...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?