Options

PJ is a bunch of hypocrites

rjbukowskirjbukowski Posts: 117
edited March 2008 in The Porch
They are so worried about their ticket prices, even though I have been in the fanclub for more than 13 years, I will need to pay 5x the ticket price if I want to see them anywhere but the nose bleeds. I am considering now just forgetting about them completely and finding a new band that allows their fan club members tickets to ANY show they want to see. it is a sad day when you followed individuals 15 years to find out they really do not care!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    And now this.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    you would be the happiest person ever if you got tix. alot of people got shut out, besides its not only about the live show that makes me love pearl jam. have a good life PJ doesnt need u
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Oh boo hoo..

You obviously aren't the big fan you profess to be.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Boo-ya wrote:
    They are so worried about their ticket prices, even though I have been in the fanclub for more than 13 years, I will need to pay 5x the ticket price if I want to see them anywhere but the nose bleeds. I am considering now just forgetting about them completely and finding a new band that allows their fan club members tickets to ANY show they want to see. it is a sad day when you followed individuals 15 years to find out they really do not care!
    Please do find a new band... I know this is going to come off as completely asshole-like, but if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to be a member of the Ten Club. The prices are no longer absurdly low, as they once were, but they're FAR from absurdly high. They are reasonable.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    i got msg tix

[size=+5]Boo-ya[/size]
  • Options
    why can they not just sell out the whole place to fan club members if there is the demand? We are paying the same as people are at ticketmaster! It is not like they are playing 2000 seat arenas. Sell whatever you need to to the fan club members, people who pay the EXTRA money to reserve tickets when they tour, that is one ofthe main reasons people join the fan club, and do not tell me different.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Boo-ya wrote:
    They fought the battle with Ticketmaster and lost; so this is what they can do. They did provide tickets, but unfortunately, they can only provide 10%. If everyone keeps bitching, I could see them discontinuing any fan club tickets, which would be a travesty.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Makes my number that much higher!

Just kidding everyone says that. But really sometimes luck shits on you. And it seems like it just did. I am sorry.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    i got msg tix

[size=+5]Boo-ya[/size]

*giggles*

..and so the "Pearl Jam sucks" threads begin AGAIN!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    There are still plenty of reasons to like the band, but I think we can stop expecting discount tickets. That's over. PJ fought this in the 90s, and they lost. Now we pay full price. What we get for our 10C membership is a SHOT at good seats. obviously that's not guaranteed.

but to stagger in here and cry that you were deceived about ticket prices is just silly. up until about 2003 you would have had a case. those days are gone.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Boo-ya wrote:
    why can they not just sell out the whole place to fan club members if there is the demand? We are paying the same as people are at ticketmaster! It is not like they are playing 2000 seat arenas. Sell whatever you need to to the fan club members, people who pay the EXTRA money to reserve tickets when they tour, that is one ofthe main reasons people join the fan club, and do not tell me different.
    They would if they could; but they are beholden to corporations who own seats and ticketmaster who is in cahoots with high priced brokers; ticketmaster makes more money if they allow it to happen this way, a lot more.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:

f$%ck this

The pot calling the kettle black
    yourthe hypocrite, i only like themn if i get tickets to every show i want

first off, 5 times for nose bleeds, so so five hundred for 1 ticket
    i doubt it.

secondly, you follow a rock band and get personal enjoyment from their music and you are dumping them over one city and 2 shows.

i listen to soundgarden more than pj, i will never see them, and i will never dump them.

whats the differance.

cant see the beatles, they broke up the year i was born

you sound like the guy that shot the quitar player from pantera.

finally a new band that allows fans to buy any show they want, i guess you gonna roll up to a band and join their club and expect to go to the front of the line, I guess every other band doesnt have the same problem

dude your as fucked up as they come
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Boo-ya wrote:

So are you mad because you think the ticket prices are too high or because you feel their aren't enough available seats? The cost isn't really that expensive, when you consider a crappy movie is like 10 bucks.

As far as the no seats available, I am not sure do you expect PJ to play in giant 100,000 seat stadiums, or do you expect them to play enough nights in a row so that they saturate the market and everyone can get seats? Plus I am not really sure the logic behind the fact that you feel you should get cheaper seats than anyone else because of your years in the 10club. What exactly do you want?
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Boo-ya wrote:

man you should really know what your talking about b4 you bitch like this.

the arena's wont allow PJ or any band for that matter to sell all tickets to fan club members. its in the arena's contract.

i gurantee it. the band is only allowed so many tix to fan club members.

look into it, you find out that im speaking the truth.
    just take a breath and calm down.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    Jennytree wrote:
    *giggles*

..and so the "Pearl Jam sucks" threads begin AGAIN!

A tour wouldn't be the same without these posts :)
  • Options
    I am not bitching about ticket prices, they are still very reasonable. I am bitching about the fact that the webiste can not have a ticket sell without crashing every freaking time! Did the same thing for Eddie's solo shows. Why am I paying the tenclub the extra money every year again??? For the CHANCE to MAYBE get tickets to a show!!! Thats crap
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Because Pearl Jam were the only band who actually cared enough to battle ticketmaster, they eventually lost. As a result, ticketmaster gets 90% of the tickets to any show. It's a rule that any band who sells tickets through ticketmaster is forced to follow. And, let's face it, that means pretty much EVERY band who plays shows in the United States.

But yeah, I encourage you to go out and find another band to replace Pearl Jam. I guarantee you that your wonderful new band has never tried to stick up for the fans by battling ticketmaster, and that they do not reserve the BEST seats in the house for the 10% of tickets that they are able to procure for fan club members. Oh yeah, they'll probably charge you much more for Fan Club membership as well, and they won't be nearly as friendly or understanding at the 10C.

Sheesh...people like you need to stop whining and look at the big picture for once in your life.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I am considering now just forgetting about them completely and finding a new band .....

Like anyone here really cares.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Boo-ya wrote:

Because the evil bastards at ticketmonopoly won't let them!

Additionally, I really dislike sour grapes posts like yours. You claim to have been a fan of theirs for so long and because you couldn't get MSG tickets, you're really to kick the band to the curb. I know you're angry right now, but keep this shit in perspective - their are homeless people, hungry people and children being abused, right now... get your fucking tickets through ticketmonopoly and go see one of the greatest bands on the planet!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    fuck, just realized I got no confirmations and my bank account wasnt charged

screw this club they suck

i quit

phsych

just kidding

i am batting a 1000 with the ten club
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I am not bitching about ticket prices, they are still very reasonable.
    Well it sure looks like it from your original post. Read it again.

Anyway, complaining about the site crashing is completely reasonable. Today was a disgrace. Of course, you could have just contributed to an existing thread for that.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Boo-ya wrote:
    I am not bitching about ticket prices, they are still very reasonable. I am bitching about the fact that the webiste can not have a ticket sell without crashing every freaking time! Did the same thing for Eddie's solo shows. Why am I paying the tenclub the extra money every year again??? For the CHANCE to MAYBE get tickets to a show!!! Thats crap

You seem to be making the assumption that if the website did not crash you would automatically get tickets. If they make it so the website doesn't crash and you still can't get tickets will you still be upset? Either way you still had a chance to get tickets and it is still the luck of the draw as to who gets tickets.
  • Options
    maybe they can play a few shows somewhere that is not run by that monoply ticketmaster for fan club members since they obviously can not provide enough tickets (because of ticektmaster, which I admit I was not thinking logically before when I made that "play the entire arena to fan club members" comment). I know they are few and far between arenas for that, but I drove from Pittsburgh to Toledo in 96 to see them play and I was bitching then because I knew that I would get tickets through the fan club, which is why I pay the fan club fee every year.
  • Options
    Ummm...just buy public tickets when they go on sale??? Believe it or not, I'm not even a member of any fan clubs, including Pearl Jam's. I just want to be there, period. No hassle then, and I'll probably still have a decent view if I get on it as soon as they go on sale to the public.

The entire show is not sold out is it?!

DP
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:

You probably think the band should come to your house and blow you.

then wash your car and clean your house.

Why not, right? I mean you did pay the 20 bucks and all
  • Options
    sorry, I meant I WAS NOT bitching in 96 for traveling to remote locations to see them play. I am still so pissed I am not thinking straight
  • Options
    sorry, I meant I WAS NOT bitching in 96 for traveling to remote locations to see them play.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I've never seen this many people act like complete babies. You missed out on a presale, big deal. Ticketmaster will have about 35,000 ticket to sell if you really want to catch a NY show. You act like Pearl Jam owes you something.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Boo-ya wrote:

Oh...I get it...because the WEBSITE -- which the band members themselves have nothing to do with -- crashes, you want to call the entire band hypocrites and "find a new band" to follow.

That makes a whole lot of sense! Thanks for clarifying. :rolleyes:
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Boo-ya wrote:

Please forget about them, please find a new favorite band. If everyone who got shut out of tickets quit the fan club it would then be much easier for the remainder of us to buy tickets. (see the irony here)

I had night one in my cart, went to checkout, Bam! Server craps out, got logged out. Lost it, never got it back. Curses.
    I had night two in my cart, went to checkout, Bam! Server craps out, got logged out. Lost it, fought harder, GOT IT BACK, checked out. Success.
    Two hours and 48 minutes later, finally a pair of tickets. They never said it would be easy and as a matter of fact it was real fucking hard.

Find a new band. I like this one. (alot)
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof