Options

If 9/11 was an inside job, why hasn't Al Qaeda come forward?

2»

Comments

• Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    so, in other words the answer is NONE, you are simply accepting what you are told?

No. The answer is sarcasm.
    nor do i

no, i take into account:
    ppl who SPOKE to bin laden write he denies any involvement

But what about the ppl who SPOKE to Bin Laden who says he doesn't deny involvement:

the only sources saying he did it are
    -the government tellin us so
    -letters the hindustan times saw
    -a video tape the us found in which the person looks nothing like bin laden at any other point in time

So let me get this straight. Video tapes where "Bin Laden" admits to the attacks and looks like Bin Laden mean nothing, for instance the 10/04 tape?
    writing w/ the wrong hand is a big deal, but i guess you think he suddenly wondered what it would be like to write w/ the wrong hand?

See, this is what I mean. You haven't even seen the video. If you had, you'd know that in the video Bin Laden isn't writing. Furthermore, you'd realize you're not even talking about one video. The "fat bin laden" appears in a 2001 video, the "wrong hand" bin laden appears in a 2004 video. I doubt you've watched these tapes. I doubt you've even attempted to look into this.
    you don't want to think it's an important issue b/c it doesn't fit your point of view.

No. I don't think it's an important issue because I have nothing to suggest it is an issue.
    even the fbi says htey have NO evidence!

"When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, [Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI] said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” "

The Justice Department certainly doesn't have enough evidence to link Bin Laden to 9/11. Until they could prove that he planned it, there's no way they'd indict him. Why does that seem so strange to you?
  • Options
    it seems to me that Bin Laden would want to immediately take credit for 9/11 in the same manner he did with the embassy bombings and the USS Cole

the fact that he didn't do that until sometime after (that tape is a whole argument in itself) is but another loose screw in the fabrication of the official story
    hate was just a legend
  • Options
    it seems to me that Bin Laden would want to immediately take credit for 9/11 in the same manner he did with the embassy bombings and the USS Cole

the fact that he didn't do that until sometime after (that tape is a whole argument in itself) is but another loose screw in the fabrication of the official story

:sigh:

Bin Laden did deny involvement in the Cole attacks.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    No. The answer is sarcasm.

so how do you arrive at your conclusion? if it's not based 100% on what OTHER ppl tell you then how? have you gone around and done research? no, you are simply accepting what someone tells you b/c it fits your already conceived conclusions.

See, this is what I mean. You haven't even seen the video. If you had, you'd know that in the video Bin Laden isn't writing. Furthermore, you'd realize you're not even talking about one video. The "fat bin laden" appears in a 2001 video, the "wrong hand" bin laden appears in a 2004 video. I doubt you've watched these tapes. I doubt you've even attempted to look into this.

the writing w/ the wrong hand was from the Jalalabad tape...have you watched it? all 59 minutes of it?

foudn this interesting, too

Professor Bruce Lawrence has described the tape as "like a voice from the grave".

Lawrence recently analyzed more than 20 complete speeches and interviews of the al Qaida leader for his book. He says the new message is missing several key elements.

No. I don't think it's an important issue because I have nothing to suggest it is an issue.

convenient for you, i guess...what would occam's razor say about a tape showing someone at least 15 lbs heavier, writing w/ the wrong hand, wearing gold <which is forbidden, especially around extremists>...? woudl they say he gained the weight real quick then dropped it fast, too? and that he just thought it'd be fun to write w/ the other hand? that religious extrmists didn't care he is wearing gold when it is forbidden?
    The Justice Department certainly doesn't have enough evidence to link Bin Laden to 9/11. Until they could prove that he planned it, there's no way they'd indict him. Why does that seem so strange to you?

but what of his confessions??? a confession was enough to convict the west memphis 3
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    so how do you arrive at your conclusion? if it's not based 100% on what OTHER ppl tell you then how? have you gone around and done research? no, you are simply accepting what someone tells you b/c it fits your already conceived conclusions.

No. I listen to what others tell me and then come to a conclusion. I don't filter what I hear through an "Al Qaeda did it" filter. Crazy, I know.
    the writing w/ the wrong hand was from the Jalalabad tape...have you watched it? all 59 minutes of it?

This is the largest event in US history in our lifetime. Of course I watched it. I read the transcript. I read the competing transcripts.
    foudn this interesting, too

Professor Bruce Lawrence has described the tape as "like a voice from the grave".

Lawrence recently analyzed more than 20 complete speeches and interviews of the al Qaida leader for his book. He says the new message is missing several key elements.

Ok.
    convenient for you, i guess...what would occam's razor say about a tape showing someone at least 15 lbs heavier, writing w/ the wrong hand, wearing gold <which is forbidden, especially around extremists>...? woudl they say he gained the weight real quick then dropped it fast, too? and that he just thought it'd be fun to write w/ the other hand? that religious extrmists didn't care he is wearing gold when it is forbidden?

Occam's Razor would say that a man who lost 15 lbs hasn't been eating and/or has been excercising. And that's pretty consistent with a man on the run in the mountains of Afghanistan.

Occam's Razor would say that a man "writing with the wrong hand" isn't writing, isn't able to use his other hand, is ambidextrous or that your ideas of his handedness are wrong, to start.

Occam's Razor would say that a man who would slaughter human beings probably isn't afraid of doing something forbidden by his religion. But "gold rings" aren't forbidden by Islam. They're just disliked by Mohammed. Therefore, many Muslims don't wear them. Furthermore, you don't even know the ring is gold.

Occam's Razor would not allow you to assume that the videos were doctored by the US government based on that evidence.
    but what of his confessions??? a confession was enough to convict the west memphis 3

Bin Laden hasn't been convicted.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    El_Kabong wrote:
    bin laden has denied any involvement several times.

do you believe him?
  • Options
    I'm not sure why it matters to anyone whether Bin Laden has denied involvment or not, but from what I know, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed is always pointed to as the main organizer for the attacks, not Bin Laden. My interpretation has always been that the 9/11 attacks weren't one of Bin Laden's personal projects, but he knew about the plans, and probably gave his blessing. I think the point is that the planners were al-Qaeda operatives who are in-line with Bin Laden's ideals.
  • Options
    I recently watched the 911 Coverup movie on google (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726&q=911+coverup) . Judging from the amount of times it has been viewed on google alone (2.6 million) I assume a lot of people have not only seen this video but are also aware of the conspiracy theories.

I can't say whether or not I truly believe everything. Both point and counter-point use circumstantial evidence to prove themselves. Unfortunately they both also used skewed media forms and can argumentively lead the viewer to complete disarray (as i have). Also, the "argument", or in some sense the "non-argument", that American media has presented is obviously going to be the publicly accepted theory. (i.e. terrorists plotted a plan crash into the WTC towers)

This is what I have taken away from the whole conspiracy theory argument and all I have to ask is a "what if?"......

For argumentative purposes I propose to myself.. "What if our government had complete knowledge of the attacks or heck..even planned the attacks themselves?" Given the fact (and yes the fact) that the general population in a time of crisis will be stuck in a complete state of disarray (a state of disarray which causes people to act with their hearts and not with their minds) isn't it highly plausible that a government could get away with such an act?

I am really not making arguments to say the conspiracy theories are true, but rather the fact that they could be true. It's rather alarming and quite frankly, sickening to feel as an American. In other words, having just a small hint of belief in such a crude possibility makes me feel sick. Realistically, I am not alone on this either. Is this a bi-product of American lifestyle and/or a bi-product of misinformed media biasism? It's not a profound recent breakthrough that media has always and will always be about the bottom line (i.e. $$) Doesn't it make you sad that this is a sad truth about American lifestyle?

How many times have you been in a situation where information goes "under the table"? If you have never done anything under the table or "under the radar" I don't think you have truly embraced being an American, because quite frankly it's a part of the American lifestyle. I trust that the CIA uses is non-public information to keep American secure, but isn't it also highly plausible that non-public information can also hurt the non-informed audience into believing what the informed party wants? I am not asking nor arguing that private information be made public but rather, as an American I'd like to less doubt my government as I do now and that saddens me.
  • Options
    No. I listen to what others tell me and then come to a conclusion. I don't filter what I hear through an "Al Qaeda did it" filter. Crazy, I know.

odd considering initially i believed bin laden did it...

so, in other words ALL your conclusions came from what OTHERS told you? so how is that any different, i mean other than it's you and you seemingly can never do any wrong?

This is the largest event in US history in our lifetime. Of course I watched it. I read the transcript. I read the competing transcripts.

then you'd know what video it was on, it was on the origianl 'confession' tape

Occam's Razor would say that a man who lost 15 lbs hasn't been eating and/or has been excercising. And that's pretty consistent with a man on the run in the mountains of Afghanistan.

but wasn't he already on the run? what about other characteristics that do not match up
    Occam's Razor would say that a man "writing with the wrong hand" isn't writing, isn't able to use his other hand, is ambidextrous or that your ideas of his handedness are wrong, to start.

then you better alert the cia and have them change his file!!!
    Occam's Razor would say that a man who would slaughter human beings probably isn't afraid of doing something forbidden by his religion. But "gold rings" aren't forbidden by Islam. They're just disliked by Mohammed. Therefore, many Muslims don't wear them. Furthermore, you don't even know the ring is gold.

and you think all the other radical muslim extremists he surrounds himself w/ wouldn't care?

Bin Laden hasn't been convicted.

maybe b/c there is no proof other than questionable videos and letters?

i love how you twist things ot get out of answering them!!!! a confession from a retarded kid was enough to send 3 ppl to prison for murder...but when it comes to 9/11 a video taped confession made, supposedly, by the person who did the crime isn't??

you say i only think this b/c i got the info from someone else...well, how'd YOU get your info? did you go to afghanistan and iraq and talk to ppl? or are you simply relying on what others told you?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    odd considering initially i believed bin laden did it...

so, in other words ALL your conclusions came from what OTHERS told you? so how is that any different, i mean other than it's you and you seemingly can never do any wrong?

Do you understand the difference between being told something on faith and being told something on science? In other words, do you understand the fundamental difference between listening to a preacher and listening to a researcher?
    then you'd know what video it was on, it was on the origianl 'confession' tape

Bin Laden doesn't write in the original confessions tape. Bin Laden "writes" in the 2004 tape.
    but wasn't he already on the run? what about other characteristics that do not match up

No. Osama Bin Laden wasn't truly "on the run" until the attacks.
    then you better alert the cia and have them change his file!!!

Ok.
    and you think all the other radical muslim extremists he surrounds himself w/ wouldn't care?

I don't know. I doubt the muslim extremists surrounding Bin Laden make it a priority to challenge their leader's piety.
    maybe b/c there is no proof other than questionable videos and letters?

That's precisely why. Not because they're "questionable" -- those videos have been independently verified -- but rather because they demonstrate the guilt of Al Qaeda as opposed to the guilt of Bin Laden.
    i love how you twist things ot get out of answering them!!!! a confession from a retarded kid was enough to send 3 ppl to prison for murder...but when it comes to 9/11 a video taped confession made, supposedly, by the person who did the crime isn't??

So in other words you want to see more cases like WM3? I don't really know how to address that.
    you say i only think this b/c i got the info from someone else...well, how'd YOU get your info? did you go to afghanistan and iraq and talk to ppl? or are you simply relying on what others told you?

See my first comment. And read this:

http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/NCSTAR1-5ExecutiveSummary.pdf
  • Options
    I don't know. I doubt the muslim extremists surrounding Bin Laden make it a priority to challenge their leader's piety.

i would disagree...if you are round religious fundamentals they usually like their leaders to follow suit, too

That's precisely why. Not because they're "questionable" -- those videos have been independently verified -- but rather because they demonstrate the guilt of Al Qaeda as opposed to the guilt of Bin Laden.

have they?? what about the audio tapes?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2526309.stm
    Bin Laden tape 'not genuine'

Researchers in Switzerland have questioned the authenticity of the recent audio recording attributed to Osama Bin Laden.

A team from the Lausanne-based Dalle Molle Institute for Perceptual Artificial Intelligence, Idiap, said it was 95% certain the tape does not feature the voice of the al-Qaeda leader.

wow, if only a 5% chance is all it takes for you to buy into it, i have some oceanfront property in Boise...

So in other words you want to see more cases like WM3? I don't really know how to address that.

can you make it thru 1 day w/o assuming things? no, i don't think that
    See my first comment. And read this:

http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/NCSTAR1-5ExecutiveSummary.pdf

i have read it...it's filled w/ things like:

'This document reports the likely nature...'

'it was estimated...'

'The presence of high volatility materials, such as jet fuel, were instrumental during the initiation phase, but mostly burned away rapidly and (except for a few flare-ups observed in WTC 2) played little or no role later.'

even go to the final report and search for 'estimate' you will find a bunch of phrases like 'it was estimated...'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i would disagree...if you are round religious fundamentals they usually like their leaders to follow suit, too

You mean like David Koresh or Jim Jones? Yes, very pious people.
    have they?? are you sure about that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2526309.stm
    Bin Laden tape 'not genuine'

Researchers in Switzerland have questioned the authenticity of the recent audio recording attributed to Osama Bin Laden.

A team from the Lausanne-based Dalle Molle Institute for Perceptual Artificial Intelligence, Idiap, said it was 95% certain the tape does not feature the voice of the al-Qaeda leader.

wow, if only a 5% chance is all it takes for you to buy into it, i have some oceanfront property in Boise...

Why are you linking to a story about an audiotape we're not even discussing?
    can you make it thru 1 day w/o assuming things? no, i don't think that

Then why are you telling me that the government should use WM3 as a standard procedure? Why are you saying that if it's good enough in the WM3 case, it should be good enough here?
    i have read it...it's filled w/ things like:

'This document reports the likely nature...'

'it was estimated...'

'The presence of high volatility materials, such as jet fuel, were instrumental during the initiation phase, but mostly burned away rapidly and (except for a few flare-ups observed in WTC 2) played little or no role later.'

even go to the final report and search for 'estimate' you will find a bunch of phrases like 'it was estimated...'

Let me get this straight....you'd rather these people use language like "without a doubt", "unquestionable", or "conclusively proven"?
  • Options

do transcripts say 'writes note w/ right hand'?? no. why does the fbi's profile state: "He is left-handed"???

furthermore, at around 9:37 on the verison released by the pentagon you clearly see 'bin laden' writing something down using his right hand while holding the paper/notebook in his left hand...maybe you just weren't paying attention when you watched it before? he also eats and drinks using his right hand throughout, but your claim that he does not write in this video is false

Why are you linking to a story about an audiotape we're not even discussing?

we did discuss the audio tape, you even brought up an article about a letter

Then why are you telling me that the government should use WM3 as a standard procedure? Why are you saying that if it's good enough in the WM3 case, it should be good enough here?

it would be enough to get the ball rolling.
    Let me get this straight....you'd rather these people use language like "without a doubt", "unquestionable", or "conclusively proven"?

no, just pointing out they are nothing more than guesses and hypotheticals
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    do transcripts say 'writes note w/ right hand'?? no.

No. Why do you ask?
    why does the fbi's profile state: "He is left-handed"???

I'd assume because the FBI believes Osama Bin Laden is left handed.
    furthermore, at around 9:37 on the verison released by the pentagon you clearly see 'bin laden' writing something down using his right hand while holding the paper/notebook in his left hand...maybe you just weren't paying attention when you watched it before?

I didn't "clearly see that".
    he also eats and drinks using his right hadn througout, but yoru claim that he does not write in this video is false

Yes, he does drink with his right hand throughout. Shocking, huh? Although considering the table is on his right, it makes some sense.
  • Options
    No. Why do you ask?

I'd assume because the FBI believes Osama Bin Laden is left handed.

I didn't "clearly see that".

Yes, he does drink with his right hand throughout. Shocking, huh? Although considering the table is on his right, it makes some sense.

would you like the link then? you can see him writing from 9:37-roughly 10min mark...it zooms in and out but there are some shots zoomed out where you can, yes, clearly see him write something down.

her ya go
    http://www.npr.org/news/specials/response/investigation/011213.binladen.tape.html

i used the 2nd video, the one that says:

'Watch the Osama bin Laden tape, in the original sequence first released by the Pentagon.'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    we did discuss the audio tape, you even brought up an article about a letter

No, we're discussing the authenticity of two videos. We have not discussed any audio tapes.

The "article about a letter" simply describes how Masood was killed and provides very good reason why Osama Bin Laden would not be overly thrilled about conducting interviews, an earlier topic.
    it would be enough to get the ball rolling.

The "ball rolling"??? On what?
    no, just pointing out they are nothing more than guesses and hypotheticals

*sigh*

They are hypotheticals based on scientific observations and intense study.

To say "aliens knocked down the towers" is nothing more than a guess and a hypothetical.
  • Options
    not sure who wrote it, but i read something about a year or so ago that suggested Osama Binladen was killed in the late 80's (ever wondered why all the videofootage is so grainy?!) and al qaeda disbanded soon after. The basis of the article claimed that al qaeda didn't even exist and all the stuff that news networks show were all just actors in a studio.

Pretty much all aspects of the attacks were linked vaguely to the Bush administration and the CIA. Very far fetched, but it makes you wonder. I try and find it then repost it on here.
  • Options
    It's called the Alchemists Razor.....the most desired explanation is the correct one.

the correct spelling, pronunciation and definition of this is:

Achems Razor: It states that: All things being equal, the most simple explanation is probably the correct one.

I think the US had involvement in 9/11 even if it was as simple as letting it happen.

the reason why so many people are "grasping at straws" is because our government has been one of secrets and dishonesty.

Everything does not add up. And this whole "if you question us, you are not a good American" thing does not help.

Even if they didn't have anything to do with 9/11, what they have done since has been despicable.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    would you like the link then? you can see him writing from 9:37-roughly 10min mark...it zooms in and out but there are some shots zoomed out where you can, yes, clearly see him write something down.

her ya go
    http://www.npr.org/news/specials/response/investigation/011213.binladen.tape.html

i used the 2nd video, the one that says:

'Watch the Osama bin Laden tape, in the original sequence first released by the Pentagon.'

Holy shit! I can see him writing! And it says:

"Help...the CIA is paying me non-union wages"

You might want to try your own link there. He's not writing in that video. If he is, he's writing with a tampon.
  • Options
    the correct spelling, pronunciation and definition of this is:

Achems Razor: It states that: All things being equal, the most simple explanation is probably the correct one.

I think the US had involvement in 9/11 even if it was as simple as letting it happen.

the reason why so many people are "grasping at straws" is because our government has been one of secrets and dishonesty.

Everything does not add up. And this whole "if you question us, you are not a good American" thing does not help.

Even if they didn't have anything to do with 9/11, what they have done since has been despicable.

Hehe...it was a joke. The correct spelling of "Achems Razor" is "Occam's Razor", BTW.

"Alchemist's Razor" is a converse I coined. It means that the most desired explanation becomes the correct one.
  • Options
    Holy shit! I can see him writing! And it says:

"Help...the CIA is paying me non-union wages"

You might want to try your own link there. He's not writing in that video. If he is, he's writing with a tampon.

he's rubbing a tampon on his lap......riiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Hehe...it was a joke. The correct spelling of "Achems Razor" is "Occam's Razor", BTW.

"Alchemist's Razor" is a converse I coined. It means that the most desired explanation becomes the correct one.

Hmm that's weird, I got my spelling from google

so congrats.

Bush is still a shitty president.

I know I spelled that right.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    he's rubbing a tampon on his lap......riiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

No more than he's writing with one.

Wait...maybe it's one of these:

http://p.office1000.com/mrp/MMXC13UBIC.jpg

I loved those things when I was 10....
  • Options
    Hmm that's weird, I got my spelling from google

Perhaps "Achem" is an alternate spelling I've never seen. I've always seen "Occam" as in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor
    Bush is still a shitty president.

Yes he is, regardless of how it's spelled.