Options

If 9/11 was an inside job, why hasn't Al Qaeda come forward?

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,641
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
If 9/11 was an inside job, then why hasn't Al Qaeda come forward to deny involvement? Think about how this would change the whole perspective on the War on Terror (the impetus for the war would be gone). The US would lose all support for the war in Iraq. The US would have no credibility. The US would be in a state of disarray. Al Qaeda gains nothing by taking credit for the attacks, and would gain everything by denying their involvement. Al Qaeda doesn't need its involvement in 9/11 to gain converts to their cause.

Anyway, just something I think doesn't make sense with the whole conspiracy theory.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    do you realize the people that you are trying to reason with. the percantage of people that believe the US had involvement in the attacks, is equal to the percentage that believe Elvis is still alive. its best to just sit back and shake your head.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    from al-quaeda's perspective... 9/11 is good for recruitment. it shows they can get things done and take some big shots at the evil empire. also, it would undercut support for iraq and the US involvement there is also a huge recruitment tool for them.
  • Options
    from al-quaeda's perspective... 9/11 is good for recruitment. it shows they can get things done and take some big shots at the evil empire. also, it would undercut support for iraq and the US involvement there is also a huge recruitment tool for them.

so they like being attacked and killed?
  • Options
    so they like being attacked and killed?

in the same sense that bush likes what 9/11 did for his "mandate" and support... yes.
  • Options

Here is the thing, they don't need 9/11 to show they can get things done. They don't need it as a recruitment tool. Hate for the US and the West can get their recruiting goals met. What do you think would happen to Al Qaeda recruitment if it was found out that Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11, and the US did it to themselves just say they could kill more Muslims? I think recruiting would shoot up. Also, world support for the war on terror would dissappear, leading to a somewhat easier time for Al Qaeda. If Al Qaeda wants to hurt the west, proving that the US was behind 9/11 would be an equivalent of a nuclear bomb.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    Here is the thing, they don't need 9/11 to show they can get things done. They don't need it as a recruitment tool. Hate for the US and the West can get their recruiting goals met. What do you think would happen to Al Qaeda recruitment if it was found out that Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11, and the US did it to themselves just say they could kill more Muslims? I think recruiting would shoot up. Also, world support for the war on terror would dissappear, leading to a somewhat easier time for Al Qaeda. If Al Qaeda wants to hurt the west, proving that the US was behind 9/11 would be an equivalent of a nuclear bomb.

No dude i think some kid seeing his dad killed by a US soldier would be a more powerful recruiting tool than proving the US was behind 9/11. To answer your original question, if such a conspiracy existed then you would think al queda would be a part of it. It's the same there as it is here...the rich get richer while the poor die.
  • Options
    I've asked this question a lot of times on here. Its a good one ...
  • Options

there's also the factor of vanity and ego...
  • Options
    It's called the Alchemists Razor.....the most desired explanation is the correct one.
  • Options
    come on man, think for yourself... how can common sense possibly be more compelling than "i aint never seen a building fall like wtc7 did"
  • Options
    Open wrote:
    No dude i think some kid seeing his dad killed by a US soldier would be a more powerful recruiting tool than proving the US was behind 9/11. To answer your original question, if such a conspiracy existed then you would think al queda would be a part of it. It's the same there as it is here...the rich get richer while the poor die.

But why would Al Qaeda want to be part of the conspiracy? It only has brought more attention to itself (good and bad). If Al Qaeda wants to show the world how evil America is, I would think proving that the US was responsible for 9/11 would be a big part in proving that the US is evil.

My point is this, if Al Qaeda didn't do it, or was part of a US/Al Qaeda conspiracy, then there is no reason that Al Qaeda would want to keep it quiet. I don't think Bin Laden cares about vanity. I don't think recruitment would go down, as they still have the Madrid bombings, the bombing of the Cole, etc..... to show they can do something big. People that hate America and that have a militant bone in their body, would be drawn to Al Qaeda regardless of 9/11. My opinion.
  • Options
    Your question becomes moot if you consider the theory that Al Queda planned and pulled it off, however the U.S. Gov't new it was coming and let it happen. I'm not saying that happened, however, a lot of documentation has shown that there was either a lot of serious incompetence or intentional negligence on behalf of our government, the military, and intelligence agencies.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    If 9/11 was an inside job, then why hasn't Al Qaeda come forward to deny involvement? Think about how this would change the whole perspective on the War on Terror (the impetus for the war would be gone). The US would lose all support for the war in Iraq. The US would have no credibility. The US would be in a state of disarray. Al Qaeda gains nothing by taking credit for the attacks, and would gain everything by denying their involvement. Al Qaeda doesn't need its involvement in 9/11 to gain converts to their cause.

Anyway, just something I think doesn't make sense with the whole conspiracy theory.

bin laden has denied any involvement several times.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:

And has taken credit, several more times. Seems like an important fact that you omitted.
  • Options
    And has taken credit, several more times. Seems like an important fact that you omitted.

just what I was going to write
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:

Then deny it more persistently. There are a lot of people (unfortunately some Americans) that are eager to listen his denial.
  • Options

so you believe him when he says he did it but not when he says he didn't? seems like you're picking the reply that fits your bias.

the times he denied it came from journalists who interviewed him...the cases i've seen where he admits it are from grainy videos where the bin laden in the video writes w/ the wrong hand just to mention one of the problems...
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osamatape.html
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    so you believe him when he says he did it but not when he says he didn't? seems like you're picking the reply that fits your bias.

That's your business, not mine. I don't trust people who have no interest in earning trust. Bin Laden's statements, in either direction, count for little.
    the times he denied it came from journalists who interviewed him...the cases i've seen where he admits it are from grainy videos where the bin laden in the video writes w/ the wrong hand just to mention one of the problems...
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osamatape.html

:rolleyes:

I'm sure Bin Laden's going to give lots of interviews claiming responsibility, just to make things clear for people like you. And I'm sure the trustworthy fellows at "whatreallyhappened.com" know a lot about Bin Laden's physical situation as he crawls from hole to hole in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    It wasn't an inside job. We're they asleep at the wheel? Yes. Was it an inside job? No.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    It wasn't an inside job. We're they asleep at the wheel? Yes. Was it an inside job? No.

Was that wheel made by Halliburton? Cause if it was..........
  • Options
    That's your business, not mine. I don't trust people who have no interest in earning trust. Bin Laden's statements, in either direction, count for little.

so then you're undecided or you believe one or the other?

I'm sure Bin Laden's going to give lots of interviews claiming responsibility, just to make things clear for people like you. And I'm sure the trustworthy fellows at "whatreallyhappened.com" know a lot about Bin Laden's physical situation as he crawls from hole to hole in Afghanistan.

maybe, but it's odd how different bin laden looks in that confession video they found compared to all the other vidoes of him both before and after 9/11...i guess that was just a bad towel day?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

also what you said makes little sense...you say 'i'm sure he's going to give lots of interviews claiming responsibility...' but yet he'll make confession tapes and hand them out to friends??? hahahahaha

maybe the great pumpkin did it

nice way to dodge the point...he looks different in that confession tape then in any other video of him before or after it, he writes w/ the wrong hand in the confession tape, he wears gold which is forbidden...you can just not answer any of those inconsitencies and instead poke fun at the website, have fun
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    also what you said makes little sense...you say 'i'm sure he's going to give lots of interviews claiming responsibility...' but yet he'll make confession tapes and hand them out to friends??? hahahahaha

Not so funny when you consider that he has very good reason to operate in such a manner....

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7598_1791329,000500020005.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Shah_Massoud#Death
    nice way to dodge the point...he looks different in that confession tape then in any other video of him before or after it, he writes w/ the wrong hand in the confession tape, he wears gold which is forbidden...you can just not answer any of those inconsitencies and instead poke fun at the website, have fun

I have no answer for those questions. You don't either, except for the answers that have been handed to you. Ridiculously, you'll accept that this tape was made by some kind of US conspiracy without apparently considering that the "fake Bin Laden" tape was actually comissioned by Al Qaeda itself. You wear your assumptions on your sleeve and I don't even think you see that.
  • Options
    Not so funny when you consider that he has very good reason to operate in such a manner....

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7598_1791329,000500020005.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Shah_Massoud#Death

I have no answer for those questions. You don't either, except for the answers that have been handed to you. Ridiculously, you'll accept that this tape was made by some kind of US conspiracy without apparently considering that the "fake Bin Laden" tape was actually comissioned by Al Qaeda itself. You wear your assumptions on your sleeve and I don't even think you see that.

no, i'm basing it on my eyes, not what ppl have handed to me...i can SEE what he looks like in all the other videso compared to what he looks like in that video...i'm not relying on a letter the hindustan times mentions bin laden wrote...you claim i am just accepting what i want, what are you basing yours on?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    no, i'm basing it on my eyes, not what ppl have handed to me...i can SEE what he looks like in all the other videso compared to what he looks like in that video...

No, you're seeing what the conspiracy theorists want to show you and then playing into the pre-fab conclusions they attach to it.

Very little about that original tape is known, including when it was made. Furthermore, little is known about Bin Laden's conditions before and after. You're not talking about a political figure that's on TV everyday.
  • Options
    No, you're seeing what the conspiracy theorists want to show you and then playing into the pre-fab conclusions they attach to it.

Very little about that original tape is known, including when it was made. Furthermore, little is known about Bin Laden's conditions before and after. You're not talking about a political figure that's on TV everyday.

and you went out and specifically did research on it firsthand?? i think not...everything you have read or heard has been 2nd hand, too. i hope you realize that.

the images of bin laden in the confession tape look nothing like the images of him in ANY OTHER video EVER made of him...period. so you would rather imagine something was wrong w/ him that day and accept what others tell you? everything you have said about me can be applied right back to you
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    and you went out and specifically did research on it firsthand??

Yes. Bin Laden is in my basement. He told me you're behind 9/11. I believe him. We're putting a youtube documentary together about it. Moby is doing the soundtrack.
    i think not...everything you have read or heard has been 2nd hand, too. i hope you realize that.

I do realize that. I also realize that I don't believe every 2nd hand thing I read just because it fits into a conclusion I already came to.
    the images of bin laden in the confession tape look nothing like the images of him in ANY OTHER video EVER made of him...period.

Not period. He looks 15 lbs heavier...wow. Not possible!!! And your comparisons? You have a a very small number of available comparisons, the vast majority of which are of a ill man on the run in the mountains of Afghanistan.

Tell me, which one is the "fake Eddie Vedder":

http://www.frenz.com/16min/img/glamvedder.jpg

http://www.pearl-jam.com/2000/ev-nader/2000-10-10_EV-Nader-14.jpg
    so you would rather imagine something was wrong w/ him that day and accept what others tell you? everything you have said about me can be applied right back to you

I understand that you would like to pretend there is evidentiary equality between people who believe Al Qaeda is responsible and those who do not. The next time I start fixating on which hand George Bush is writing with in order to attempt to make a much larger point, I'll agree with you.
  • Options
    Yes. Bin Laden is in my basement. He told me you're behind 9/11. I believe him. We're putting a youtube documentary together about it. Moby is doing the soundtrack.

so, in other words the answer is NONE, you are simply accepting what you are told?

I do realize that. I also realize that I don't believe every 2nd hand thing I read just because it fits into a conclusion I already came to.

nor do i
    I understand that you would like to pretend there is evidentiary equality between people who believe Al Qaeda is responsible and those who do not. The next time I start fixating on which hand George Bush is writing with in order to attempt to make a much larger point, I'll agree with you.

no, i take into account:
    ppl who SPOKE to bin laden write he denies any involvement

the only sources saying he did it are
    -the government tellin us so
    -letters the hindustan times saw
    -a video tape the us found in which the person looks nothing like bin laden at any other point in time

writing w/ the wrong hand is a big deal, but i guess you think he suddenly wondered what it would be like to write w/ the wrong hand? you don't want to think it's an important issue b/c it doesn't fit your point of view.

even the fbi says htey have NO evidence!

"When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on Bin Laden’s Most Wanted web page, [Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI] said, “The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden’s Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11.” "
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    It could be completely off the wall....I am in no means siding one way or another...

Could it be, a slight possibility...the video tape of Bin laden could had been filmed through a mirror....like a self portrait kind of thing....an old looking glass may be wavy which could distort. Could make it look like the wrong hand is writing. Could add weight. (just because I just spent the weekend doing self portraits something to think about it reading this thread)....maybe.....maybe not.....I don't know.

doesn't Bin Laden have a ton of illnesses too? Like liver issues? That could cause bloating any day. My father had liver issues, when he passed away, he had something like 9 gallons of fluid in him. If Bin Laden is hiding out, perhaps missed a couple days of medication, could make his appearance completely different from one day to the next.

All I do know is I have just spent the night crying watching that film from the 2 french guys. Remembering going to NYC less than 10 days after and just walking around the city talking with people, hugging complete strangers. It was the only thing I could do. I went as far as Ray Pizza's I think, to where they closed off the lower part of Manhattan, just walking looking at all the flyers. I felt that I was so lucky to be alive and I hated myself for it in all at the same time.

Again there is weight to both sides. I am not informed enough to say one did it over the other. I am just reading this thread and these are my thoughts.
    Let's Go Red Sox!