Options

Worry About the West - Not Israel

2»

Comments

• Options
    violence brings peace....does it not...

it did after WW2. its the only hope we got. i really can not figure out what is so hard to understand...hezbollah wants to destroy israel, there is no room for negotiations with a group that only cares about your ultimate destruction.
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    jsand wrote:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/08/worry_about_the_west_not_israe.html

"Still, when this is all over, we should not worry about the survival of Israel. For weeks, pundits have been lecturing how canny and adept Hezbollah has proved -- and how a clumsy Israel could only respond by destroying Lebanon's infrastructure. Yet, when the dust settles, the world will learn that Lebanon outside Hezbollah's domain is not destroyed. And, one hopes, those who have suffered in the Hezbollah-controlled south will reexamine their support for a terrorist organization that has brought them -- and itself -- to near ruin.

Instead far more worrisome is the moral crisis in the West itself. If so many of its politicians, intellectuals and media will not or cannot fathom moral differences in this war, they will hardly be able to see them anywhere else."

That last paragraph is so apt - especially here in this lunatic asylum of a forum.

Coming from you; who doesnt have an ounce of neutrality. Keep pointing fingers, one of these days, if you keep pointing long enough, you'll learn to point at yourself. Only then wiill you see things in a new perspective.
  • Options
    it did after WW2. its the only hope we got. i really can not figure out what is so hard to understand...hezbollah wants to destroy israel, there is no room for negotiations with a group that only cares about your ultimate destruction.

Funny as I see WW2 and this current experiment in peace bringing two very different things...so in your eyes is this to prevent WW3?