• Options
    jsand wrote:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14224221/

Lebanon retracts claim that Israel killed 40

Prime minister now says one person died in airstrike on village

Just read that a few minutes ago!
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    that's great one person died...what a happy day for that person and their family...hoooray for only one death...

what pattern are you talking about...the killing of innocent civilians...?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    that's great one person died...what a happy day for that person and their family...hoooray for only one death...

what pattern are you talking about...the killing of innocent civilians...?

I know your'e not missing the point. just bein cute.
  • Options
    The pattern you see is pointless killing. I see it too.
  • Options
    The pattern you see is pointless killing. I see it too.

pointless killing on both sides...yes, I do see that...so if that was the original posters point, then I do so the pattern...
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    I believe he's referring to the pattern of the media reporting news and photos that later prove to be "mistakes" or intentional untruths. I believe the original poster is hinting at the truthiness of the media, and how some lap it up.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    I believe he's referring to the pattern of the media reporting news and photos that later prove to be "mistakes" or intentional untruths. I believe the original poster is hinting at the truthiness of the media, and how some lap it up.

Exactly. I think anyone with half a brain would realize that. Instead, they choose to obfuscate the point and cry about killing on both sides. Pathetic.
  • Options

Interesting. Then why do you believe this?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    pointless killing on both sides...

Most certainly.
  • Options
    http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N07348592.htm

Reuters withdraws all photos by Lebanese freelance
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Exactly. I think anyone with half a brain would realize that.

Realize what? That the media is often wrong?
    Instead, they choose to obfuscate the point and cry about killing on both sides. Pathetic.

That would be pathetic. As would the opposite: obfuscating the fact of one death by the subtraction of 39 that never happend.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Exactly. I think anyone with half a brain would realize that. Instead, they choose to obfuscate the point and cry about killing on both sides. Pathetic.

perhaps you should be a bit more clear...

anyway...I'm glad they found that ONE photo was doctored....that means all the bombing going on for both sides must be fake....

and how dare the PM of Lebanon correct himself....what a jerk... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    They certainly aren't helping themselves are they? They're losing the sympathies and credibility that they have. One person is still too much for me though. Atleast they said it wasn't true themselves though.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    perhaps you should be a bit more clear...

anyway...I'm glad they found that ONE photo was doctored....that means all the bombing going on for both sides must be fake....

and how dare the PM of Lebanon correct himself....what a jerk... :rolleyes:

The pattern is quite obvious; no clarification necessary. Do you recall the reduction by half of the original death toll in the Quana "massacre"?

It's funny how one side in this conflict under-reports casualties (to make it clear - Israel) because the deaths increase after people who are hospitalized die of ball bearings and other shrapnel, and the other over-reports it to gain more sympathy. Even more funny that the media and people such as yourself buy into it hook, line and sinker.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    The pattern is quite obvious; no clarification necessary. Do you recall the reduction by half of the original death toll in the Quana "massacre"?

It's funny how one side in this conflict under-reports casualties (to make it clear - Israel) because the deaths increase after people who are hospitalized die of ball bearings and other shrapnel, and the other over-reports it to gain more sympathy. Even more funny that the media and people such as yourself buy into it hook, line and sinker.

**sigh**

first: I'm not buying shit

second: both sides are wrong when it comes to the is conflict....

third: in the Quana massacre, I could understand the error..it must have been hard getting a accurate body count...with all that rubble from that blown up building...

anyhoo...I'm sure you'll be painting me as one of those who hate israel because I don't buy into what you are saying....
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    **sigh**

first: I'm not buying shit

second: both sides are wrong when it comes to the is conflict....

third: in the Quana massacre, I could understand the error..it must have been hard getting a accurate body count...with all that rubble from that blown up building...

anyhoo...I'm sure you'll be painting me as one of those who hate israel because I don't buy into what you are saying....

I've recently learned on this message board that human rights were just a "left wing hippy" catch phrase, so there's nothing left to debate with them... they like the Arabs blood spilling, they probably like the fact that arabs and Muslims are dying as of now, they just can't understand that Israel are helping the Hezbollah to build stronger support, on each of their offensive, and each time this suppose diplomacy (fucking hilarious bullshit) fail, Lebanese feel like they're being left out once more, bah anyway, who cares about Arabs, only Israeli's life is important, to protect Israeli's life, they have the right to kill Lebanese at will...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

I'll give ya credit jsand, you just keep fighting even though a good share of folks here aren't on your side on this.....but then again, you are an Israeli....
  • Options
    I'll give ya credit jsand, you just keep fighting even though a good share of folks here aren't on your side on this.....but then again, you are an Israeli....

Nope. Born, raised and living in America.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Jsand, just sent you 3 pms with an article I think you'll enjoy.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    jsand wrote:

You're just noticing this now? It has nothing to do with Israel/Lebanon and everything to do with news services.
    With the real time reporting of events, 'Breaking News' is a ratings coup... were you around in 1991 when Desert Shield turned into Desert Storm? That made cable news what it is today.
    Now... in order to get the story out, reporters are dispatched and ask for eye-witness accounts. These accounts are relayed, without verification, to dispatch centers and on to newsrooms. The Editors or news directors decide whether or not to go public with the story, based upon these eye-witnesses.
    This is how FOX News runs 'Breaking news' stories about W.M.D. finds... then, realize that they've found welding tanks... and how wire services spit out unreliable, exaggerated eye-witness accounts from frenzied individuals that may or may not have witnessed the event.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    You're just noticing this now? It has nothing to do with Israel/Lebanon and everything to do with news services.
    With the real time reporting of events, 'Breaking News' is a ratings coup... were you around in 1991 when Desert Shield turned into Desert Storm? That made cable news what it is today.
    Now... in order to get the story out, reporters are dispatched and ask for eye-witness accounts. These accounts are relayed, without verification, to dispatch centers and on to newsrooms. The Editors or news directors decide whether or not to go public with the story, based upon these eye-witnesses.
    This is how FOX News runs 'Breaking news' stories about W.M.D. finds... then, realize that they've found welding tanks... and how wire services spit out unreliable, exaggerated eye-witness accounts from frenzied individuals that may or may not have witnessed the event.

Cosmo, we've argued a lot, but I just want to say I respect the hell out of you.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

Wrong. It has everything to do with Lebanon and its government's propoganda machine, which churned out the inflated death toll in Quana and now did it again in this case. A high-ranking government official should not throw around the term "massacre" lightly, especially when the alleged massacre turned out to be the death of 1 person.
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 318
    jsand wrote:
    Wrong. It has everything to do with Lebanon and its government's propoganda machine, which churned out the inflated death toll in Quana and now did it again in this case. A high-ranking government official should not throw around the term "massacre" lightly, especially when the alleged massacre turned out to be the death of 1 person.

They pulled many survivors from the rubble of the building, which were the people they initially thought were dead. That should be considered good news, and I'm the sure the Lebanese PM is happy to have been so wrong.
  • Options
    Interesting. Then why do you believe this?

Because I find it very easy to believe that phots and news gets doctored. That didnt take a news agency to notice. It took a few photoshop rookies and anyone with half a brain to spot that one particular doctor'd image.

And do we seriously think PROOF of doctored news and photos is gonna sway these people (here on the pit) to common sense? I mean, for fucks sake, they defend the president of Iran. They won't have any problems (or tons of excuses) with this. Figures.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    jsand wrote:
    You're right... high ranking government officials should not throw around over exaggerated terms or descriptors... such as, "I never had sexual relations with that woman", "Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud" or "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators."
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    quoted 4 emphasis.

Noones trying to blow off any deaths. All deaths are sad, even to us "warmongers". We just understand sometimes they're necessary. However, intentionaly doctoring of photos or deathcounts, is much more of a problem than actual mistakes. Especially when the aim is to put america's citizens against each other. Inflating death counts is one fucked up little "mistake".
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    quoted 4 emphasis.

Noones trying to blow off any deaths. All deaths are sad, even to us "warmongers". We just understand sometimes they're necessary. However, intentionaly doctoring of photos or deathcounts, is much more of a problem than actual mistakes. Especially when the aim is to put america's citizens against each other. Inflating death counts is one fucked up little "mistake".

I'm calling bullshit...deaths are not "sad" to you or anyone else who think they are "necessary"...
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    inmytree wrote:
    I'm calling bullshit...deaths are not "sad" to you or anyone else who think they are "necessary"...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think unavoidable was what the poster was trying to say.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Human Tide wrote:
    They pulled many survivors from the rubble of the building, which were the people they initially thought were dead. That should be considered good news, and I'm the sure the Lebanese PM is happy to have been so wrong.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/08/07/mideast.main/index.html

Siniora had earlier told Arab foreign ministers in Beirut that the attack “was a horrific massacre ... in which more than 40 martyrs were victims of deliberate bombing.”

Now he can't use the incident to fan the flames of the Arab league's hatred against Israel.

By the way, if the purported civilians were "martyrs," what cause would they have been dying for??
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

What else does your crystal ball, or all knowing powers tell you about me? There's a difference between understanding that sometimes war is necessary, and celebrating death. And in case I need to remind you, many people on the other side of this conflict, danced on 9/11, and dance whenever they hear or read of american deaths. I have never danced a jig whilst reading the news. Sometimes Im even choked up by it. Do you run your entire life on emotions? Sometimes emotion has to be tossed aside, so reality and all that goes with it can be attended to.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad