Options

If you're a Muslim, it's your problem

jsandjsand Posts: 646
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stupidity is everywhere, saying that muslim community are not trying to eradicate radical islamist is pure ignorant stupidity... yes it's there problem cause they're the one suffering the most out of these terrorist, because of stupid blatant generalizations like the one in the article you post, and because of the people praising and spreading this information like candies and believing in those racist bullshit.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Stupidity is everywhere, saying that muslim community are not trying to eradicate radical islamist is pure ignorant stupidity... yes it's there problem cause they're the one suffering the most out of these terrorist, because of stupid blatant generalizations like the one in the article you post, and because of the people praising and spreading this information like candies and believing in those racist bullshit.

Where is the public outcry from the clerics around the world? SILENT!
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 318
    jsand wrote:

If you're a bigot, it's unfortunately our problem because we end up reading the crap you post.

By the way, when are you going to tell me more about Siniora's responsibility for not disarming Hizbollah 5 years ago?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

Islamic terrorism is not "their" problem. Islamic terrorism is a problem for anyone who loves life and freedom.

A random British muslim is no more responsible for Islamic terrorism than a random British christian. I won't go so far to call this article racist since it seems to stem from nothing more than stupidity and a lack of thought.
  • Options

Canadian Clerics have time and time again denounced terrorist activity related to fundanutlism......so there is public outcry....
  • Options

Many clerics from all corners of the globe have denounced terrorism.
  • Options
    Not being sarcastic, but I hardy hear or read anything about the outcry. Sure, I hear of one once in a blue moon, but not like it's described here.
  • Options
    Its the NOTW for chrissake people. Don't waste time responding.

You take that National Enquirer, throw in a dozen pages of soccer, and half a dozen pages of breasts and bikinis, you get the NOTW.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options

It's not true at all, you're either lying or have not heard of them, but they are not silent. Example The Canadian Muslim council spoke loud and clear AGAINST radical islam. And you probably have no arabs or muslims around you either, they're the one suffering, they hate those radicals, they make them suffer from racism generalisations.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    It's not true at all, you're either lying or have not heard of them, but they are not silent. Example The Canadian Muslim council spoke loud and clear AGAINST radical islam. And you probably have no arabs or muslims around you either, they're the one suffering, they hate those radicals, they make them suffer from racism generalisations.

First, i'm not lying! Secondly, I have no arabs or muslims around me? I have quite a few muslim friends and have had rational debates with them!!

One condemned suicide bombers, the few others, well, lets say, never denounced them at all. so...
  • Options
    Not being sarcastic, but I hardy hear or read anything about the outcry. Sure, I hear of one once in a blue moon, but not like it's described here.

Well in my country there is ALWAYS somebody denouncing radical Islam...its always on the news...I can say that for a fact....once in a blue moon my ass.....just cause you do not hear about it does not mean it is happening.....
  • Options

Maybe, you know, try tuning into none US media outlets.

And maybe, just maybe, these clerics wait until justice has taken its turn, and wait for the conviction.

A 1000 people have been arrested in the UK under the terror act since 911. 60 await trial. And what, one conviction?

I'm disgusted by the lack of condemnation from Christian leaders with regards to the indiscriminate slaughter of people around the wolrd by the USUKISRAEL. millions have died since Iraq 91...no condemnations though...
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options

How ironic...
  • Options
    First, i'm not lying! Secondly, I have no arabs or muslims around me? I have quite a few muslim friends and have had rational debates with them!!

One condemned suicide bombers, the few others, well, lets say, never denounced them at all. so...

.... so they're guilty? I was not trying to say you're lying by the way, just trying to say that what you said is not true.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    How ironic...

How unconstructive. A waste of a post.

My post discredited the source of the original, disgraceful 'report'.

Please stay on topic. Sarcastic side swipes are really uncalled for given the current climate.

Thank you!!
  • Options
    .... so they're guilty? I was not trying to say you're lying by the way, just trying to say that what you said is not true.

I never said they were "guilty" And i'm just saying I have'nt heard the outcry and never said it was false! I'll do some searching around today.
  • Options

Why does there need to be a public outcry? If a Muslim American is law-obiding and honest, why does he or she need to actively campaign against the unlawful acts of others? I do agree that profiling the 78 year-old grandmother is a waste of time, but I don't think that nationalized Arabs owe a special duty of care to anybody. Why should they need to stand up and condemn their neighbours? Why is this their responsibility, anymore than it is ours?

Just askin.
  • Options

Please stay on topic. Sarcastic side swipes are really uncalled for given the current climate.

Thank you!!

You take that National Enquirer, throw in a dozen pages of soccer, and half a dozen pages of breasts and bikinis, you get the NOTW.

And this was "CONSTRUCTIVE"??? Once again, your double standard is exposed!
  • Options

Then why respond?

Your post did nothing to discredit the source.

The topic of this thread is muslim responsibility.
  • Options
    Why does there need to be a public outcry? If a Muslim American is law-obiding and honest, why does he or she need to actively campaign against the unlawful acts of others? I do agree that profiling the 78 year-old grandmother is a waste of time, but I don't think that nationalized Arabs owe a special duty of care to anybody. Why should they need to stand up and condemn their neighbours? Why is this their responsibility, anymore than it is ours?

Just askin.

Very nice.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412

True....so very true.

Their silence speaks louder than all the backpeddling, absurdly biased justifications, re-directing and selective reasoning done by the very few, that do speak up.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    True....so very true.

Their silence speaks louder than all the backpeddling, absurdly biased justifications, re-directing and selective reasoning done by the very few, that do speak up.

Are you of the opinion that their failures somehow negate the failures of others?
  • Options

Just askin.

I totally agree.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    True....so very true.

that's not true at all, and anyway it's not their responsability, it's every humans responsability, as it was so very well put by farfromglorified and blueandwhite
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options

Thank you!!

"You are soooooooo good looking"

:D
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Islamic terrorism is not "their" problem. Islamic terrorism is a problem for anyone who loves life and freedom.

A random British muslim is no more responsible for Islamic terrorism than a random British christian. I won't go so far to call this article racist since it seems to stem from nothing more than stupidity and a lack of thought.

But in a way they are. Their Clerics should publicly decry terrorism, but they do not. The leaders of the Muslim faith are silent. Their religion has been hijacked and they are letting it happen.
  • Options
    that's not true at all, and anyway it's not their responsability, it's every humans responsability, as it was so very well put by farfromglorified and blueandwhite

I disagree. I find it extremely true.

...and it is their responsibility (as it is that of everyone else) to discourage and eliminate a radical, unreasonable and ultimately deadly variation of their beloved ideology. If in fact it is a misrepresenting, in a highly distorted, demented and unacceptable manner...their beloved "religion".

Why is it that, White Americans (and Christians) were held responsible and accountable for discouraging and eliminating the actions of a violent and murderous KKK, at the height of their violence and murder (and to some degree, are still scolded and denigrated for it ever happening); but Muslims are taken off the hook? Why?
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326

Thank you!!
    I somehow missed the post from Kat and Sea where they announced that we have a new mod. Can any one point me in the right direction?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    But in a way they are. Their Clerics should publicly decry terrorism, but they do not. The leaders of the Muslim faith are silent. Their religion has been hijacked and they are letting it happen.

Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, there are elements or portions to their Islamic religion that does in fact preach such behavior; just as The Bible contains some absurdly violent and hateful passages?
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    But in a way they are. Their Clerics should publicly decry terrorism, but they do not. The leaders of the Muslim faith are silent.

That's simply untrue. Many clerics publicly decry terrorism throughout this world, including the Middle East. Many also do not. You cannot impugn an entire population based on the actions of a sub-set of that population.
    Their religion has been hijacked and they are letting it happen.

Religion doesn't belong to one man. Did David Koresh "hijack" Christianity? Is your local priest or bishop somehow partly responsible?

Look, a religion is not an airplane. It does not have a pilot. It is a set of ideas and concepts that any number of people can use for good or for evil. And when religious ideas are used the accountability lies with the men and women who are doing the using.