Options

Calling all anti-Israel and anti-USA posters...

Comments

• Options
    Drew263 wrote:
    damn you inmytree :)

I'm stirring here....let me be. :D

but..I leave the MT with this...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/layline09/muslim2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/layline09/muslim3.jpg

Do you honestly believe that the citizens of these muslim countries want to dominate the world?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Flannel Shirt = Down with a world run by Buddhists ;)
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Flannel Shirt = Down with a world run by Buddhists ;)
    I'd be up for what you're down with.
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    Do you honestly believe that the citizens of these muslim countries want to dominate the world?

Average citizens..no..but kinda hard to not see it somewhat when a cleric holds a rally for thousands and thousands stating Islam will dominate the world and death to America blah blah..then they..in mass...cheer and scream. And this happens all the time...

I know it's not on CNN every night..but it's out there if you make an attempt to find it.

And..who is in control of that part of the world? Average citizens..or nutjobs? Hint...see Iran's president.
  • Options
    Drew263 wrote:
    Average citizens..no..but kinda hard to not see it somewhat when a cleric holds a rally for thousands and thousands stating Islam will dominate the world and death to America blah blah..then they..in mass...cheer and scream. And this happens all the time...

I know it's not on CNN every night..but it's out there if you make an attempt to find it.

I hardly ever watch CNN. I think those views are extreme views. I don't think we should treat these countries as if it's their actual policy.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    rock wrote:
    Jsand,

Why do you write posts like this one? Surely you must realise that you will not convince anyone of your ideas by means of insults or are you preaching to the converted and looking for kindred spirits here?

Can you answer this in a rational manner (I'm not trying to be sarcastic here I am genuinely curious)

Becuase deep down you guys know that it's the truth. America is fighting a bunch of islamic fascist. But 80% of everything posted on this board is against the US.

Our leader is a lier and a killer, our government has killed more than anyone else in history, we are the only ones to use nukes, Corporate whores of america are pileging the world and control the government..... these are the EXACT SAME THINGS THAT CLERICS TEACH THEIR SUBJECTS!!!!

You are just supporting their argument on this board....
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    what no circus music in this thread when you first click it?

lemme see....

here, observe these children playing music for the first time together by communicating for approx 20 mins beforehand:
    click on "circus music video"
    http://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/circus/circus_music.htm :D
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Becuase deep down you guys know that it's the truth. America is fighting a bunch of islamic fascist. But 80% of everything posted on this board is against the US.

Our leader is a lier and a killer, our government has killed more than anyone else in history, we are the only ones to use nukes, Corporate whores of america are pileging the world and control the government..... these are the EXACT SAME THINGS THAT CLERICS TEACH THEIR SUBJECTS!!!!

Do you deny of this as true? Maybe we are the ones who need to change. Just a thouhgt...

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Do you deny of this as true? Maybe we are the ones who need to change. Just a thouhgt...

Yeah, lets change, hell, why not go the full monte and just all become Muslim? The religion gets such rave reviews 'round here, sign me up! ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741

exactly...the truth hursts sometimes...and if we are going export "freedom" and "our way of life", we must make sure we are doing things correctly...it's like someone who is a liar, cheat, and unwilling to look at their own faults telling you what do do and how to live...

in other words, don't tell me my house needs cleaned when your house is full of shit...
  • Options
    Yeah, lets change, hell, why not go the full monte and just all become Muslim? The religion gets such rave reviews 'round here, sign me up! ;)

Our problems don't lie in the fact that we aren't muslim.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    rockrock Posts: 51
    NCfan wrote:

Who do you mean by "you guys"? People who are anti-usa and anti israel? I haven't come across any. I have read posts were people spoke out against some of the policies set out by usa and israeli government. That's not the same as being against an entire nation. I have on many occassions spoken out against things my familymembers and friends have said and/or done that doesn't mean I'm anti-family or friends.

What I find truly weird about your post is that it doesn't really answer my question. Your closing argument is "You are just supporting their argument on this board". I find that a repulsive statement. If Hitler said that green and red are opposites in the colour circle and I agree, does that make me a nazi? I and as far as I can judge nobody else on this board would support any fundamentalists. Such sweeping statements do not convince people with an opposing point of view, they just insult them. When's the last time you were convinced by an indirect insult?

I'm not wanting to be a paternalistic prat by saying this I would just like to point out that this way you're not achieving what you set out to do. Assuming that you want others to see the logic behind viewpoint.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    NCfan wrote:

I think your are in denial of the harsh truths that exist in your country...maybe that is what is causing all these anti this anti that rhetoric...denial has run so deep in some the anger is starting to boil over...personally these people you label are more concerned about the health of the country than you are...they point out the negatives...and if you look outside your window they are heavily outweighing the positives....they want things to change...so once again they can be proud of their country not for "promoting" democracy around the world...they want a country that does not resort to violence to solve world issues, they want a country that will begin to help its OWN citizens, they want a country that allows equal rights to ALL, etc. Nothing changes without dissent....are you scared of change? Do you follow blindly and believe the government speaks for you and has your best interests at heart?

Like really if it wasn't for people rising up and speaking out we would be a 100 years behind where we currently are....in terms of human rights and that fun stuff....

You need to stop comparing these people to the "enemy"....its become laughable of how much that crap gets tossed around here....and honestly its such a pathetic arguement....back up words with something concrete not some lame pathetic comparison....
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    I think your are in denial of the harsh truths that exist in your country...maybe that is what is causing all these anti this anti that rhetoric...denial has run so deep in some the anger is starting to boil over...personally these people you label are more concerned about the health of the country than you are...they point out the negatives...and if you look outside your window they are heavily outweighing the positives....they want things to change...so once again they can be proud of their country not for "promoting" democracy around the world...they want a country that does not resort to violence to solve world issues, they want a country that will begin to help its OWN citizens, they want a country that allows equal rights to ALL, etc. Nothing changes without dissent....are you scared of change? Do you follow blindly and believe the government speaks for you and has your best interests at heart?

Like really if it wasn't for people rising up and speaking out we would be a 100 years behind where we currently are....in terms of human rights and that fun stuff....

You need to stop comparing these people to the "enemy"....its become laughable of how much that crap gets tossed around here....and honestly its such a pathetic arguement....back up words with something concrete not some lame pathetic comparison....

Na, I think I'll just stick to my original statement. Like you post above... people on this board want a government that does not resort to violence to solve world problems.... that in itself is the rub.

You guys are in denial about the nature of the world you live in if you think violence isn't permissible.

You guys essentially say that it's okay for Hizbollah to murder Jews, but Isreal cannot defend itself against this threat.

You counter saying that Israel is killing "innocent" civillians. Who is "innocent" here? Living in Lebanon is like living in San Francisco - you are putting yourself at risk of war/earthquake.... if you're uncomfortable with that then move. If you can't move then sorry, life isn't fair. If I have a stroke and die tomorrow - am I an "innocent" victim??? if you live among one of the largest terrorist organizations on earth, are you not at risk?

If you live in New Orleans, are you not at risk for one of the worst possible natural disasters in American history????

What is the lesson that the US and the world learned from Katrina??? We learned that Uncle Sam is a bastard because he didn't save everybody. Nobody learned the bitter truth that you have to fend for yourself and not depend upon anybody to save you. We all have this false notion that we are entitled to a long, safe and prosperous life - when in reality nothing could be farther from the truth.

Our ancestors understood this, but in our modern age of Ipods and laptops - we have unlearned this truth.

That is just life and death on the rock we inhabit...
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    NCfan wrote:
    Na, I think I'll just stick to my original statement. Like you post above... people on this board want a government that does not resort to violence to solve world problems.... that in itself is the rub.

You guys are in denial about the nature of the world you live in if you think violence isn't permissible.

You guys essentially say that it's okay for Hizbollah to murder Jews, but Isreal cannot defend itself against this threat.

You counter saying that Israel is killing "innocent" civillians. Who is "innocent" here? Living in Lebanon is like living in San Francisco - you are putting yourself at risk of war/earthquake.... if you're uncomfortable with that then move. If you can't move then sorry, life isn't fair. If I have a stroke and die tomorrow - am I an "innocent" victim??? if you live among one of the largest terrorist organizations on earth, are you not at risk?

If you live in New Orleans, are you not at risk for one of the worst possible natural disasters in American history????

What is the lesson that the US and the world learned from Katrina??? We learned that Uncle Sam is a bastard because he didn't save everybody. Nobody learned the bitter truth that you have to fend for yourself and not depend upon anybody to save you. We all have this false notion that we are entitled to a long, safe and prosperous life - when in reality nothing could be farther from the truth.

Our ancestors understood this, but in our modern age of Ipods and laptops - we have unlearned this truth.

So in your justification. I would have all right in the world to beat with a bat every yank I see driving in my country because he comes from one of the biggest terrorist nations on the planet. Right in your eyes but not mine. Make sure you have your " I love the war and support the troops" magnet on your car. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    NCfan wrote:

Interesting philosophy. It's true to a certain extent, but we, as humans, have a unique tool I like to call cumulative knowledge. Or, perhaps, progressive learning - the ability of one generation to pass along it's knowledge to the next. Use the medical industry as an example - cures today work so much better than the ones of years past. Why? Because we found better ways to fix things. And we can find better ways to deal with the world's problems, too.

As for your Katrina example, I have a few words for you. No one makes it on their own. No one. At all. Ever. We are a society, our government was created to regulate, direct, and protect that society, and they failed miserably. Don't have to depend on others to save you? I depended on the people who built my car and laid concrete for the roads. Others didn't necessarily have the same people on their team, so to speak. Besides, if we're talking Israel here, what right do the Isreali citizens have to expect their government to 'save' them? Shouldn't they be doing it themselves? Tanks are necessary on the Lebenon boarder, but rescue teams for New Orleans are out of the question?

As for which side of this conflict I fall on - well, it seems to me the two sides are doing their all out best to make it impossible for me to choose.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    NCfan wrote:

Ding-Ding-Ding...you have once again made a false accusation...find where I state Hezbollah has the right kill Jews....

BTW did you know today a rocket landed in a playground in Israel hurting some children....to you,. the alter-ego that I have where I your accusations come from would say they deserve it...or better yet use your logic that since Lebanese civilians are expendable "because blood is on the hands of Hezbollah" to say the chidlren were expendable as an act of war (from a Lebonese perspective)

BUT I will say what I always say...the innocent are getting killed. NO more children deserve to die over this..to read that article today really made me sad and guess what they were Jewish kids...not Lebonese...so to you I say I am in the middle calling for a ceasefire where NO MORE INNOCENTS GET KILLED...now how many damn times do I have to say that before you start to realize I dont support Hezbollah...and to be honest I would not be surprised if I needed to repeat this AGAIN to you....
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    Ding-Ding-Ding...you have once again made a false accusation...find where I state Hezbollah has the right kill Jews....

By calling for a cease fire, you are stating that Hezbollah has the right to kill Jews...just not at this point in time. The cease fire will only benefit Hezbollah..it will give them time to regroup, obtain more rockets from Syria via Iran, and live to fight the Israelis another day.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    jsand wrote:
    By calling for a cease fire, you are stating that Hezbollah has the right to kill Jews...just not at this point in time. The cease fire will only benefit Hezbollah..it will give them time to regroup, obtain more rockets from Syria via Iran, and live to fight the Israelis another day.
    well, ceasefire to me means ceasefire. Not a wait-until-later-fire, but a ceasefire. Who knows how realistic that is. I'm sure not very. But in the meantime there are a lot of kids dying....and Hezbollah hiding behind them certainly isn't helping matters.
  • Options
    well, ceasefire to me means ceasefire. Not a wait-until-later-fire, but a ceasefire. Who knows how realistic that is. I'm sure not very. But in the meantime there are a lot of kids dying....and Hezbollah hiding behind them certainly isn't helping matters.

How do you call a ceasefire with an organization whose stated goal is to destroy your country?
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    jsand wrote:
    How do you call a ceasefire with an organization whose stated goal is to destroy your country?

You call their leader, and say "We'll stop shooting if you will", and then you get some law and treaty people to work it out. Simple, really.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    You call their leader, and say "We'll stop shooting if you will", and then you get some law and treaty people to work it out. Simple, really.

Peace
    Dan

Wow. How come no one thought of that? Genius!
  • Options
    BUT I will say what I always say...the innocent are getting killed. NO more children deserve to die over this..to read that article today really made me sad and guess what they were Jewish kids...not Lebonese...so to you I say I am in the middle calling for a ceasefire where NO MORE INNOCENTS GET KILLED...now how many damn times do I have to say that before you start to realize I dont support Hezbollah...and to be honest I would not be surprised if I needed to repeat this AGAIN to you....
    If you're not with us, you're against ut. You dont fully support Israel, then you fully support Hizbollah et.al. You dont fully support George Bush, then you sympahize with Al Qaeda. Surely you know the world is black and white?

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Wow. How come no one thought of that? Genius!

I'll get on the phone right away. What's Ehud Olmert's home number?

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    If you're not with us, you're against ut. You dont fully support Israel, then you fully support Hizbollah et.al. You dont fully support George Bush, then you sympahize with Al Qaeda. Surely you know the world is black and white?

Peace
    Dan

No. Everything's gray. There's no good and bad. There's no evil in this world.

Keep living in your cloud.
  • Options
    I'll get on the phone right away. What's Ehud Olmert's home number?

Peace
    Dan

Interesting how you ask for Olmert's phone number. Are you playing the role of Nasrallah? Better yet, are you Nasrallah?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    No. Everything's gray. There's no good and bad. There's no evil in this world.

Keep living in your cloud.

Oh, there's evil. Evil is claiming to kill in the name of go(o)d is justified, for instance. And most things are different nuances of gray, yes. Dark grey or light grey. The world is complex, and there really is no "team" to root for.

Keep living in your hole.

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    jsand wrote:
    Interesting how you ask for Olmert's phone number. Are you playing the role of Nasrallah? Better yet, are you Nasrallah?

Didn't know his name, otherwise I'd ask for it. You got that on speed-dial? Just send me both, and I'll give them both an earful.

Peace
    Dan

• Options
    Didn't know his name, otherwise I'd ask for it. You got that on speed-dial? Just send me both, and I'll give them both an earful.

Peace
    Dan

You didn't even know his name. How little do you know about this conflict?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    You didn't even know his name. How little do you know about this conflict?
    Well, I dont sit glued to CNN about this thing no. And I dont need to know what the leader of Hizbollah is called to know who they are and what they do.

I asked for Olmert's number, coz I was guessing that if you had one of them's number, it would be his... My point was that to get a cease-fire, the parties must talk and stop shooting. It IS simple, they are just both too boneheaded to do it.

And my heart bleeds for all the victims of this rather pointless warfare. Be it Israeli kids in Haifa, or innocents living a bit too close a hizbollah guy's house in Beirut. Hizbollah is gaining on this, they will get stronger, and more support for a longer time now. Way to go. They tried to get them for 20 years and failed before. Why will they succeed now? The innocents are the Libanese who are just being bombed beack a few decades because a guerilla group is operating inside their borders that they can't control.

Israel started this by bombing evrything that moved inside Lebanon on some flimsy pretext. They try to be careful, i do not doubt, but surgical bombing is an oxymorom if there ever was one. You bomb urban areas, innocent people will die, while the bastards sit in their deep bunker somewhere.

I truly dont see what Israel gains by this, and I dont understand why Lebanon shoul deserve collective and total punishment by Israeli forces.

Believe it or not, I am not an islamist, nor do I support them. But neither do i support warfare against them through the population of a country in which they happen to reside. Someone aomewhere is gaining from this violence, and the victims are on both sides of the border, although far more on the one side than the other.

Peace
    Dan