Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

What Are Democrats Thinking?

2

Comments

  • Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    keep in mind that you are a progressive thinker and living in an area where things are different. your world doesn't portray all of america. neither does mine. o'l bubba who's "maybe" heard of the internet is going to put pants on and come out of the woods and vote to make sure we "don't have no lady or negro" president.
    it will be interesting though.

    Honestly, I think you have to throw all that out the window and look at matchups. Who can beat who. McCain has less national appeal then Obama or Clinton IMO...Romney is probably on par or slightly behind Obama or Clinton nationally at this point...Guilianni can get cross over votes, centrists, and the base if he wins the Primary. His problem will be the primary and believe me the Dems want anyone but him to win it. They'd love to run against old leatherneck McCain.
    Be excellent to each other
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,217
    People who believe in Democrats or Republicans as saviours are fools. Republicans an Democrats are the different sides of the same cum soaked joy rag. If you want to wipe your mouth with that napkin... fine. I choose not to.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    Cosmo wrote:
    People who believe in Democrats or Republicans as saviours are fools. Republicans an Democrats are the different sides of the same cum soaked joy rag. If you want to wipe your mouth with that napkin... fine. I choose not to.

    well now that you put it THAT way . . .
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Cosmo wrote:
    People who believe in Democrats or Republicans as saviours are fools. Republicans an Democrats are the different sides of the same cum soaked joy rag. If you want to wipe your mouth with that napkin... fine. I choose not to.

    That's basically how I feel. I do support a few Dems but they are few and far between.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,217
    That's basically how I feel. I do support a few Dems but they are few and far between.
    ...
    Politicians HAVE to pick a party... I understand that. I look at each candidate and ask myself, "Which one of these two assholes is going to do the LEAST amount damage to my country?" Which explains my voting record. The (D) or the (R) next to their name is insignificant to me. And I believe that anyone who uses this criteria as their selection process is an asshole.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Hey.. at least they are thinking.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    Cosmo wrote:
    People who believe in Democrats or Republicans as saviours are fools. Republicans an Democrats are the different sides of the same cum soaked joy rag. If you want to wipe your mouth with that napkin... fine. I choose not to.

    It trips me out that so many people identify with the two parties. I don't get it all. Most people agree the system is messed up yet continue to buy into it. We can still change things. If we had all just voted for Nader in 2000 we would've had the most honest, hard working, dedicated president ever. Honestly I'd consider voting for a hardcore conservative if I thought that he posessed those qualities. Like Eddie said man...Just give us some truth.
    Be excellent to each other
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Rudy, Hillary, Romney, or Obama. It doesn't really matter because they are all the samething. None of them will do what, in my opinion, is the greatest problem facing our country today. The unabaited uncontrolled growth of our federal government and the fact that the people no longer have true say. The only candidate that I have seen address the issue is Ron Paul.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • VictoryGin wrote:
    and he wasn't well-liked in ny before 9/11. some of his policies were awful. there was a great, long article on him in the nation a few years ago about everything.

    and if he loses evangelical support, would he have enough to beat the dem? i doubt it.

    definitely. can he keep the support of social conservatives? we're still a year out from primary season. eventually, the other gop hopefuls have to and will find a way to bring up the first marriage, the affairs, the divorce, moving out of gracie mansion, the rift between him and his kids, etc. questions about his moderate social "stances" aren't going away, either.

    i guess it's just a question of how much mileage he can get out of being mayor 9/11...
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,915
    I know :)

    I don't think its apathetic...

    I don't vote for much the same reason I don't play the lottery.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Sometimes it is just an unpopularity contest, that's how we got Harper.

    Sometimes???
  • Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    Abuskedti wrote:
    I don't think its apathetic...

    I don't vote for much the same reason I don't play the lottery.

    ...to me, that's like saying, "I get up every morning, and live, simply because I have to."
    Feels Good Inc.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,217
    Dustin51 wrote:
    It trips me out that so many people identify with the two parties. I don't get it all. Most people agree the system is messed up yet continue to buy into it. We can still change things. If we had all just voted for Nader in 2000 we would've had the most honest, hard working, dedicated president ever. Honestly I'd consider voting for a hardcore conservative if I thought that he posessed those qualities. Like Eddie said man...Just give us some truth.
    ...
    It's nice to think like that. But, consider the political realities that exist today and the amount of momentum that would be needed to exact a real change... it's overwhelming.
    And **if** Nader had won in 2000... there STILL would have been a Republican dominated House and Senate. The safe bet would be to say that nothing would get done (which, in retrospective, maybe nothing would be better than doing the idiotic shit that landed us in the mess we are in today). But you see where I'm coming from, right? We don't get to choose anything or anyone good.. we get to pick between a plate of crap or a bowl of shit. That's the political reality.
    And if Hitler ran as a Republican and Saddam Hussein ran as a Democrat in 2000... Nader STILL would have lost to either because there are too many voters out there who would vote for the letters (D) or (R), rather than the candidate. Sorry, but THAT is America.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    It's nice to think like that. But, consider the political realities that exist today and the amount of momentum that would be needed to exact a real change... it's overwhelming.
    And **if** Nader had won in 2000... there STILL would have been a Republican dominated House and Senate. The safe bet would be to say that nothing would get done (which, in retrospective, maybe nothing would be better than doing the idiotic shit that landed us in the mess we are in today). But you see where I'm coming from, right? We don't get to choose anything or anyone good.. we get to pick between a plate of crap or a bowl of shit. That's the political reality.
    And if Hitler ran as a Republican and Saddam Hussein ran as a Democrat in 2000... Nader STILL would have lost to either because there are too many voters out there who would vote for the letters (D) or (R), rather than the candidate. Sorry, but THAT is America.

    Doesn't mean I have to play along.

    Hopefully, one day, a many more will stop playing, as well.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,217
    Doesn't mean I have to play along.

    Hopefully, one day, a many more will stop playing, as well.
    ...
    Yeah... I know.
    But, to me... the 2000 election was a critical one. Not because of terrorism... not because of Al Gore... it was the Supreme Court I was worried about. Those seats are filled for a lifetime. I would rather have someone other than a theocratic dweeb fill those seats as political favors (ref. Harriet Meirs). I knew that the Nader thing was pretty much a lost cause... not that it wasn't worthy of a fight against the system... but, I saw the the two, possibly 3 seats coming up within the next 4 or 8 years. That was my reality.
    I didn't vote for Gore in 2000 because i thought he would be a great president... or because he was a Democrat... I only voted for Gore because I felt that he would do less damage to my country.
    And yeah... I dream of the day when we can set aside all partisan politics and just get a good man in the oval office for a change. But, the way things are looking... it's gonna remain just a dream for a long, long time. We let too many stupid people vote... and they will vote for the Jackass or the Fatass every time... mostly based upon the fact that their parents did the same thing.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,915
    Bu2 wrote:
    ...to me, that's like saying, "I get up every morning, and live, simply because I have to."

    Because I don't vote? He he.. is that the only "important" thing you do? Participate in the collecting of the slants gleened from a lifetime of the deceipt thrust upon you paid for by special interests that live and die by how well they can convince a sea of people? Is that really what brings you self actualization?

    I like my friends and family... :)
  • Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    Yeah... I know.
    But, to me... the 2000 election was a critical one. Not because of terrorism... not because of Al Gore... it was the Supreme Court I was worried about. Those seats are filled for a lifetime. I would rather have someone other than a theocratic dweeb fill those seats as political favors (ref. Harriet Meirs). I knew that the Nader thing was pretty much a lost cause... not that it wasn't worthy of a fight against the system... but, I saw the the two, possibly 3 seats coming up within the next 4 or 8 years. That was my reality.
    I didn't vote for Gore in 2000 because i thought he would be a great president... or because he was a Democrat... I only voted for Gore because I felt that he would do less damage to my country.
    And yeah... I dream of the day when we can set aside all partisan politics and just get a good man in the oval office for a change. But, the way things are looking... it's gonna remain just a dream for a long, long time. We let too many stupid people vote... and they will vote for the Jackass or the Fatass every time... mostly based upon the fact that their parents did the same thing.

    I remember thinking along the same lines when I voted for Kerry, so I understand. But for now I'm going to focus on what I do what and not what I don't want. I'll never stand for anything if I focus all my efforts fighting what I don't what to see. I'm going to keep on dreaming and stay true to that dream, however impossible it may seem to some. Eventually people will grow tired of Jackass and Fatass and their same tired bs.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,217
    I remember thinking along the same lines when I voted for Kerry, so I understand. But for now I'm going to focus on what I do what and not what I don't want. I'll never stand for anything if I focus all my efforts fighting what I don't what to see. I'm going to keep on dreaming and stay true to that dream, however impossible it may seem to some. Eventually people will grow tired of Jackass and Fatass and their same tired bs.
    ...
    "Eventually people will grow tired of Jackass and Fatass and their same tired bs."
    Gosh... I hope so.
    And the next election for me is going to be all about Iraq... which it was in the last election... not Gay Marriages... not Swift Boats and the worthlessness of Purple Hearts and Navy Bronze Stars... Iraq.
    But, I know, especially in the political climate that exists today... it's gonna be shit or crap all over again.
    And I love that you can dream in the face of such a horrible reality. That's admirable and never lose that. I really hope that some day it comes true.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    ...
    "Eventually people will grow tired of Jackass and Fatass and their same tired bs."
    Gosh... I hope so.
    And the next election for me is going to be all about Iraq... which it was in the last election... not Gay Marriages... not Swift Boats and the worthlessness of Purple Hearts and Navy Bronze Stars... Iraq.
    But, I know, especially in the political climate that exists today... it's gonna be shit or crap all over again.
    And I love that you can dream in the face of such a horrible reality. That's admirable and never lose that. I really hope that some day it comes true.

    Feel free to join in on the dream, we'd love to have ya. :) When enough people dream it...it becomes true. ;)

    Don't dream it, be it!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 4,042
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,907
    Can I get a "C" Pat?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 8,693
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 4,042
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
     When the title works.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
    I like it when that happens.  I see some sorely missed users on this thread.  When an old thread comes up like this, it kind of brings them back to life here.
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.



    What's wrong with Andrew Yang running for mayor?  I think the more experience and exposure he gets, the better.  Go Yang!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 20,851
    brianlux said:
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
    I like it when that happens.  I see some sorely missed users on this thread.  When an old thread comes up like this, it kind of brings them back to life here.
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.



    What's wrong with Andrew Yang running for mayor?  I think the more experience and exposure he gets, the better.  Go Yang!

    background.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
    I like it when that happens.  I see some sorely missed users on this thread.  When an old thread comes up like this, it kind of brings them back to life here.
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.



    What's wrong with Andrew Yang running for mayor?  I think the more experience and exposure he gets, the better.  Go Yang!

    background.
    Yeah, Anal Street is kind of weird, I agree.
    As for Yang, I'm impressed enough with his background.  I'm into the Yang Gang thang.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 24,941
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
    I like it when that happens.  I see some sorely missed users on this thread.  When an old thread comes up like this, it kind of brings them back to life here.
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.



    What's wrong with Andrew Yang running for mayor?  I think the more experience and exposure he gets, the better.  Go Yang!

    background.
    Yeah, Anal Street is kind of weird, I agree.
    As for Yang, I'm impressed enough with his background.  I'm into the Yang Gang thang.
    Bri, it is Canal Street. Lol.  He s just standing in front of the “C”.   ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.


    Congrats on digging up a 13yr old thread
    I like it when that happens.  I see some sorely missed users on this thread.  When an old thread comes up like this, it kind of brings them back to life here.
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.



    What's wrong with Andrew Yang running for mayor?  I think the more experience and exposure he gets, the better.  Go Yang!

    background.
    Yeah, Anal Street is kind of weird, I agree.
    As for Yang, I'm impressed enough with his background.  I'm into the Yang Gang thang.
    Bri, it is Canal Street. Lol.  He s just standing in front of the “C”.   ;)

    OK!  One mystery solved!
    But the folks running the infrastructure in NYC have another problem almost as troubling.  They got JZ's sixth album title wrong.  It's not "6".  I mean, come on, JZ is not like, Chicago.  The correct title is The Blueprint.  NYC needs someone like Yang who will straighten out these discrepancies.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,989
     



    Our new Mayor, perhaps?

    What the heck is Andrew Yang thinking? Great spot for a photo.



    OK, all joking aside, would like to here some thoughts on this.  Yang for NYC mayor?  Seems like a good thing to me.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen










Sign In or Register to comment.