Options

Is it true that in the US it is illegal...

2»

Comments

• Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    yes, i believe that theory as well...i just haven't heard one explaining why the building hte furthest away and sustained the least amount of damage would fall straight down after buckling in the middle and fall at something like 1 second per floor

As I've told you before, I can't help you there man. There's little evidence that the building collapsed from debris. There's no evidence that the building collapsed from explosives. The buiding collapsed. That's all we know.
  • Options
    Aye right, not the best example then. So i thought Newtons law was to do with two objects interacting. Surely the characteristics of the WTC falling involves more than just newtons third law?

Of course it does. It requires all of Newton's laws. It requries the laws of thermodynamics. The list goes on and on.

The explosives theories, in the context of theory, don't violate any physical laws until you start getting into the "no planes" holographic or blue-screen shit. Regardless, it's in the context of practice, causation, motive and evidence that those theories start to unravel.
  • Options
    Thanks man you've been a big help.
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band
  • Options
    Thanks man you've been a big help.

No problem. One final piece of advice if you don't mind:

Do not attempt to debate such a person if your goal is to change their mind about their conclusion regarding the events. It is quite likely that your friend has reached a conclusion on 9/11 that has nothing to do with 9/11. It likely has to do with his feelings about America, or his feelings about governments, or his desire to "be different", or some other external desire or predisposition. You'll never win him over by attacking his faulty conclusions on that event -- you'll only win him over by attacking those desires or predispositions. And that's a pretty tough proposition.

If you just debate it for fun or to test your own arguments, have at it. But if you're looking to change minds then you better pick another issue.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    This isn't meant as a personal insult, brain of jas ... But man. And people say AMERICANS are the ones who don't know about other countries! I'd say it was time to put that stereotype to rest. The rest of the world is on an equal footing!

Well as long as we're on the subject of 'is it true that?'

Is it true that in some states or cities you can get fine for wearing a Meralyn Manson T-shirt? I take it this is not common practise, but is that true?;)

He didn't actually say anything stereotype'ing' He or she asked a question. I bet that there are tons of things you don't know about things going on in other countries. I know that this is true for me. Isn't it (taking that into consideration) a good thing that one would ask a question.

With the whole George Clooney thing it isn't that weird to wonder.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    No problem. One final piece of advice if you don't mind:

Do not attempt to debate such a person if your goal is to change their mind about their conclusion regarding the events. It is quite likely that your friend has reached a conclusion on 9/11 that has nothing to do with 9/11. It likely has to do with his feelings about America, or his feelings about governments, or his desire to "be different", or some other external desire or predisposition. You'll never win him over by attacking his faulty conclusions on that event -- you'll only win him over by attacking those desires or predispositions. And that's a pretty tough proposition.

If you just debate it for fun or to test your own arguments, have at it. But if you're looking to change minds then you better pick another issue.

Im not trying to change anyones views. I just dont like the fact that he shoves it in everyones face all the time. Makes rediculous statements with little or no proof. I'm all about the facts and to be honest i'm somewhere in the middle of the arguement anyway. I'm not fighting anyones corner here. Just trying to find out a bit more for myself. Peace

• Options
    Im not trying to change anyones views. I just dont like the fact that he shoves it in everyones face all the time. Makes rediculous statements with little or no proof. I'm all about the facts and to be honest i'm somewhere in the middle of the arguement anyway. I'm not fighting anyones corner here. Just trying to find out a bit more for myself. Peace

Cool. Peace man.
  • Options
    Right my numbnuts mate just posted this in response to me asking where he obtained his info:

"9/11 wasn't just orchestrated by the united states government to greatly improve their foreign policy and geopolitical powers, it was just as much orchestrated to muchos muchos clamp down on america's domestic policy and the people's civil liberties in a hugely accelerated police state that benefited from a 50% increase after 9/11.

one single month after 9/11 the united states government introduced...........

THE USA PATRIOT ACT AND THE HOMELAND SECURITY ACT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_Security_Act

here is bush signing it in october 2001.........bastard.............how can any right thinking person trust these guys and their blindingly obvious coverup of 9/11?

attacking true patriots with the patriot act it is highly illegal to disagree with the united states goverment and if you choose to do so you will be branded a 'terrorist' domestic or foreign.

Originally passed after the September 11, 2001 attacks, the Act was formed in response to the terrorist attacks against the United States, and dramatically expanded the authority of American law enforcement for the stated purpose of fighting terrorist acts in the United States and abroad. It has also been used to detect and prosecute other alleged potential crimes such as providing false information on terrorism. It was renewed on March 2, 2006 with a vote of 89 to 11 in the Senate and on March 7 280 to 138 in the House. The renewal was signed into law by President Bush on March 9, 2006."

I appologise if his views offend anyone

• Options
    So your friend is surprised that the US modified its laws after 9/11??

Perhaps you might want to teach your mate about AMBER Alerts. Following the kidnapping of Amber Hagerman here in 1996, the United States created a new system of laws and procedures to help notify the public of missing children. Perhaps your friend also believes Amber Hagerman was kidnapped by Bill Clinton???

Please. If no changes to law would have been made following 9/11, that would have been cause for suspicion. You're talking about the most serious aggressive act on US soil since Pearl Harbor, after which you had people being detained based on race alone. While I'm no supporter of the Patriot Act, the suggestion that 9/11 was staged such that the Patriot Act could be passed is completely baseless and ridiculous.
  • Options
    Yeah totally man. Also i read through the articles on both laws and neither one says that the public can't dissagree with the governments version of events. So you still have the first amendment and can question the commissions report yes? I think he's wasting my time! :rolleyes:

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    ...to dissagree/question the 9/11 comission's report ??

Not trying to start any beef here. Just wondering!

lmao

no

who told you this?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Yeah totally man. Also i read through the articles on both laws and neither one says that the public can't dissagree with the governments version of events. So you still have the first amendment and can question the commissions report yes? I think he's wasting my time! :rolleyes:

Look at the protests here. Your friend is just really, really misinformed. To put it lightly.

I was listening to talk radio and this guy said he wanted to kill Bush (live, on air, on a nationally syndicated program). So yeah, I think you can say you don't agree with the 9/11 report and be ok.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    ...to dissagree/question the 9/11 comission's report ??

Not trying to start any beef here. Just wondering!
    it's a bit late in this thread, but only 10 years ago when a man and woman or two men or two women engaged in a domestic altercasion it was referred to as assault and battery? now if someone scorns another publicly; it's considered terrorist threats.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    but there are some things you are not allowed to talk about here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibel_Edmonds

;)
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    So your friend is surprised that the US modified its laws after 9/11??

Perhaps you might want to teach your mate about AMBER Alerts. Following the kidnapping of Amber Hagerman here in 1996, the United States created a new system of laws and procedures to help notify the public of missing children. Perhaps your friend also believes Amber Hagerman was kidnapped by Bill Clinton???

Please. If no changes to law would have been made following 9/11, that would have been cause for suspicion. You're talking about the most serious aggressive act on US soil since Pearl Harbor, after which you had people being detained based on race alone. While I'm no supporter of the Patriot Act, the suggestion that 9/11 was staged such that the Patriot Act could be passed is completely baseless and ridiculous.
    how so?
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    we can question all day long and night, but why then, are people that are my friends paranoid about speaking out? becasue some young team oriented do gooder wants to use speech as a means to send someone away. why are activists who try to pave a way to civil justice always arrested and locked away...

leanord pelter
    mumia
    king jr
    bob marley??????

happy b-day j, you are now 19.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light