Options

Whats everyone doing this 4th of july weekend

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
I know what im doing... ill be barbecuing some burgers, drinking some budweisers, watching the MEts beat the yankees, and hanging out my American flag.
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    celebrating Canada Day
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    as little as possible
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    D...D...De....Denver.....
  • Options
    my congresswoman is throwing a party, and i was invited!! not because im important, but because i volunteered and my ex is an intern.

regardless, it should be fun! yay america!
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    I'll probably spend a day exercising my Second Amendment Rights (before the UN takes them away) at the rifle range shooting at some custom made two headed Bin Laden/Cindy Sheehan Targets and then go home and make love to my Ann Coulter Love Doll. Ann and I will then watch Bill O'Riley then Hannity & Crypt Keeper (Applauding wildly whenever Hannity is on camera and muting the TV when Crypt Keeper talks of course) and fall asleep wrapped in an American Flag quilt.

;)
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    celebrating Canada Day

Same. Then celebrating 4th of July (dual citizenship)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    celebrating Canada Day

damn straight
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    Party on a friends houseboat before watching the DC fireworks!
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    enjoying life to the fullest. even right now, just finished watching storytellers and I am in awe of this band and how long I've been loving them.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    This morning I got on a plane and flew to Denver. Use your imagination for the rest. :D
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    Getting my mindset for vegas ready..im thinking yoga, teas and bootlegs.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Options
    sonicreducersonicreducer Posts: 713
    enjoying life to the fullest. even right now, just finished watching storytellers and I am in awe of this band and how long I've been loving them.

had to work, but taped it,... bout to watch in a few,...
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    cornnifer wrote:
    This morning I got on a plane and flew to Denver. Use your imagination for the rest. :D

that brings back memories for me 11 years ago....Saw the grateful dead on a thursday. got on an airplane on a saturday. saw them monday and tuesday at redrocks. All by myself to boot! It was amazing. Red Rocks was everything and more
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    had to work, but taped it,... bout to watch in a few,...

Enjoy!!!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Will1659Will1659 Posts: 51
    I'm planning on inviting over some of my liberal friends so we can sit around, burn flags, kill babies, and hate america all day.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Will1659 wrote:
    I'm planning on inviting over some of my liberal friends so we can sit around, burn flags, kill babies, and hate america all day.
    Look at that, all my favoritie activities, all in one place! What time should I be there?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    Enjoying Burger's, Ribs, Chicken, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Beer, Horseshoes, all the while wondering what our countries gonna do to prevent other families from having such privileges.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    Enjoying Burger's, Ribs, Chicken, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Beer, Horseshoes, all the while wondering what our countries gonna do to prevent other families from having such privileges.
    Couldn't have put that better myself.
    As a Brit, it's funny to watch all the flag waving nationalism being celebrated, even though thats what these type of americans do all the time anyway.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    The homeowners association already planted some made in china american flags on everyones lawn, I did happen to then take it turn it up side down.
  • Options
    truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    D...D...De....Denver.....
    yup
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    went to the fireworks show saturday night.
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    miller8966 wrote:
    I know what im doing... ill be barbecuing some burgers, drinking some budweisers, watching the MEts beat the yankees, and hanging out my American flag.
    the same that you do in the 364 remaining days...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I saw "Cars" on Friday night.

Saturday, I watched Wimbledon and the World Cup on TV while cleaning the house. Went to dinner that evening.

Sunday, went to church, hit the gym and took my kayak out on the lake to fish and paddle.

Today I'm working and I plan to go to the gym and do some more paddling on Tuesday.

I'm not really into the whole unabashed patriotism, blind loyalty, rah rah freedom thing so I probably won't see any fireworks.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    tonight watching the local fireworks and cooking out with my family. tomorrow ill sleep in, maybe play some frisbee golf, then go to the toledo fireworks for an awkward evening with a girl who i think is in love with me.
  • Options
    CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    i just got back from my cousin's wedding.
    I need to finish writing.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Taking one day off from teaching my aerobics classes. I threw in an American medley for the stretch today. People liked it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'll be working most of the day, which sucks, but it's for the second job that I actually like, so that makes it better I guess. Unfortunately I likely won't be paid.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    miller8966 wrote:
    watching the MEts beat the yankees

I wish ... Goddammit, I am sick of the AL East. Same fricking teams, as good as anyone else is, same shitty story every season.

Not that I am bitter.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I wish ... Goddammit, I am sick of the AL East. Same fricking teams, as good as anyone else is, same shitty story every season.

Not that I am bitter.

no worries. it's all about the AL central this year. the tigers and white sox will be the teams to watch, fuck the yankees and red sox.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    no worries. it's all about the AL central this year. the tigers and white sox will be the teams to watch, fuck the yankees and red sox.

If the Jays cannot make a dent in their horseshit division, you can bet I will be cheering on the Tigers.