Options

Israel targets civilians

2»

Comments

• Options
    dayandayan Posts: 475
    There's gonna be plenty of stuff to piss you off. I would love to have rational discussions without people going off the deep end acting like they're God's gift to human thinking. It's hard to ignore people like that but trust me man, you'll feel a lot better if you do. It makes for easier living.

I'm sure it does.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    hailhailkc wrote:
    So, if the numbers were reversed…and Israel was the one with the reported lower body count...you would then talk about Israel going out of their way to avoid civilian casualties, right? Somehow, I doubt it. And please, to even try to defend Hezzbollah, and say that they go out of their way to avoid civilian casualties is just utterly ridiculous. Have you not seen the amount of rockets they have been launching into Israeli cities, ON INNOCENT PEOPLE?!?!

I guess the moral of the story here is that it's okay to target innocent civilians as long as you don't actually kill as many as the other side.

just a thought but maybe they see the israeli populace obviously is ok w/ bulldozing homes to steal land so they tie the citizinery in w/ the actions of the government. the israeli government can bulldoze down those homes and displace the arabs but that doesn't meen israelis HAVE to move in and build ILLEGAL settlements. same reason a lot of ppl hate americans instead of just the american government...they think 'well, why the fuck don't you do anything to stop it!?' take an iraqi for example, over 3/4 see us as occupiers and want us out. they probably see what is going on and think the american ppl voted these ppl back in, so they feel the american ppl support the actions.

not saying it's right, but it's possible.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    just a thought but maybe they see the israeli populace obviously is ok w/ bulldozing homes to steal land so they tie the citizinery in w/ the actions of the government. the israeli government can bulldoze down those homes and displace the arabs but that doesn't meen israelis HAVE to move in and build ILLEGAL settlements. same reason a lot of ppl hate americans instead of just the american government...they think 'well, why the fuck don't you do anything to stop it!?' take an iraqi for example, over 3/4 see us as occupiers and want us out. they probably see what is going on and think the american ppl voted these ppl back in, so they feel the american ppl support the actions.

not saying it's right, but it's possible.

By the same logic Israelis can hold Lebanese civilians responsible for not rising up in revolt and getting rid of Hezbollah. Oh and by the way Israel doesn't bulldoze homes to make way for settlements. Settlements are built in unpopulated areas (though they are often adjascent to Palestinian populations. Homes that are razed (which by the way I do not support except in extreme circumstances) are destroyed because it is felt that they are a security risk, providing terrorists with easy cover close to IDF positions. This is in fact true is some cases. For example the tunnel that was used to kidnap Gilad Shalit and take him into Gaza was built from the basement of a house in Gaza that stood opposite the Israeli army position at Kerem Shalom.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    Don't patronize me. I'm not in the mood.

and it shows....

what if I wasn't in the mood to be called stupid?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    By the same logic Israelis can hold Lebanese civilians responsible for not rising up in revolt and getting rid of Hezbollah. Oh and by the way Israel doesn't bulldoze homes to make way for settlements. Settlements are built in unpopulated areas (though they are often adjascent to Palestinian populations. Homes that are razed (which by the way I do not support except in extreme circumstances) are destroyed because it is felt that they are a security risk, providing terrorists with easy cover close to IDF positions. This is in fact true is some cases. For example the tunnel that was used to kidnap Gilad Shalit and take him into Gaza was built from the basement of a house in Gaza that stood opposite the Israeli army position at Kerem Shalom.

was rachel corrie a 'security risk', too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLm80hYSCt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOiF4araMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOu-NT0W2eg
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Commy wrote:
    Israel-
    civilians: 667
    soldiers:31
    guerillas:65

Hezbollah-
    soldiers:96
    civilians:38

numbers represent people killed in conflict.

It is war crime to target civilian infrastructure, something Israel has done repeatedly-bridges, power supply, water facilities, hospitals, ambulances. The numbers are telling...despite all of the damage Israel has done to Lebanon and the country, the number of combatants killed in the conflict is telling (if you count Lebanese soldiers, who really aren't fighting much in this). It seems Hezbollah is going out of their way to avoid civilian casualties.

The civilian body count is also telling. Shows us who the real terrorists are.

you are 100% correct, it does show who the terrorist are, Hezbollah, hiding like cowards in the civilian population, all their areas of operations are in civilian areas, they don't care about their own lives, nor the lives of the civilians around them...
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    I guess all the other hundreds of posts here stating facts that hezbollah hides behinds civilians and dress as civilians and build their bunkers under civilian infrastructure is out the fucking window right?

give me a fucking break!

I admire your attempt to fight the good fight, but the people here would rather willingly ally themselves with Islamic extremists than the Republican party. They honestly believe that the Republican party is the enemy. There is no reason with these people. These people are filled with hatred, and do not want a dialogue. They are looking to pursuade those teetering between the mainstream Democratic Party and the far left fringe. You can see by their own words, they visciously attack President Bush, but defend Ahmadinejad's good nature and good looks.

It's a polarized situation and we are all aware of our different points of view. It's pointless to engage these people and give them any level of credibility. We understand their point of view, and disagree. Thankfully, so does 90% of America. If that number ever becomes less than 90%, THEN we are going to have a fight.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Commy wrote:
    Israel-
    civilians: 667
    soldiers:31
    guerillas:65

Hezbollah-
    soldiers:96
    civilians:38

numbers represent people killed in conflict.

It is war crime to target civilian infrastructure, something Israel has done repeatedly-bridges, power supply, water facilities, hospitals, ambulances. The numbers are telling...despite all of the damage Israel has done to Lebanon and the country, the number of combatants killed in the conflict is telling (if you count Lebanese soldiers, who really aren't fighting much in this). It seems Hezbollah is going out of their way to avoid civilian casualties.

The civilian body count is also telling. Shows us who the real terrorists are.

How many of those "civilians" killed by Israel were Iranian I wonder? ;)

And the REAL terrorists are the one's hiding amongst civilians in their ever so kind way of "avoiding civilian casualties".

Are you for fucking real?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    How many of those "civilians" killed by Israel were Iranian I wonder? ;)

And the REAL terrorists are the one's hiding amongst civilians in their ever so kind way of "avoiding civilian casualties".

Are you for fucking real?

Fortunately for us, no, these people aren't for real. They prance around in co-ops with their own ilk and aren't really in touch with the average guy, television, or the concept of personal responsibility.
  • Options
    Fortunately for us, no, these people aren't for real. They prance around in co-ops with their own ilk and aren't really in touch with the average guy, television, or the concept of personal responsibility.

w/ the rationale of some of you, couldn't one say since you are forced to serve in the IDF if an israeli then there are no innocents there, either?

not saying i think this, just using the logic of some other posters here
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    I admire your attempt to fight the good fight, but the people here would rather willingly ally themselves with Islamic extremists than the Republican party. They honestly believe that the Republican party is the enemy. There is no reason with these people. These people are filled with hatred, and do not want a dialogue. They are looking to pursuade those teetering between the mainstream Democratic Party and the far left fringe. You can see by their own words, they visciously attack President Bush, but defend Ahmadinejad's good nature and good looks.

It's a polarized situation and we are all aware of our different points of view. It's pointless to engage these people and give them any level of credibility. We understand their point of view, and disagree. Thankfully, so does 90% of America. If that number ever becomes less than 90%, THEN we are going to have a fight.

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    w/ the rationale of some of you, couldn't one say since you are forced to serve in the IDF if an israeli then there are no innocents there, either?

Are you sure you wanted to ask that question while quoting me, because I'm not sure I see the relevence.
  • Options
    and it shows....

what if I wasn't in the mood to be called stupid?

Then don't post stupid things.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:

:D

Fuck you dayan...I'm sitting here, picking at my nachos, and you go and post something like this and make me spew nachos and diet sierra mist all over my keyboard....I have a long night of cleaning up to do :(
  • Options

Fuck you dayan...I'm sitting here, picking at my nachos, and you go and post something like this and make me spew nachos and diet sierra mist all over my keyboard....I have a long night of cleaning up to do :(

Sorry.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:

Your astounding lack of any sort of rationale faculty is amazing! No, one could not say this for the simple and logical reason that serving in an army only strips you of your civilian status while you are in uniform. Once you have been released from service you return to being a civilian. But that's just logical so I couldn't expect you to have come to that on your own.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:

Oh yeah, it was me going off on a silly toddler like rant saying things like 'I hate you all!' "you are all idiots!!' LMAO!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Oh yeah, it was me going off on a silly toddler like rant saying things like 'I hate you all!' "you are all idiots!!' LMAO!

I do hate you and you are an idiot.
  • Options

It's so cute how you all feel the need to chime in and echo this 3yr old toddler-esque type posting. Almost like the schoolyard bullies but waaaay more sad.

You're stupid. I hate you!

Hahahaha! That is so funny!

They are also pathetic morons!

Good one, buddy!!

And you expect anyone with an IQ over 45 to take you are the stuff you post seriously. Give me a break!

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    I do hate you and you are an idiot.

I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed and hoped for a more adult like discussion. Too much to ask from some I guess.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options

Also I believe your rant was more along the lines of "the big bad government is out to get me, and everyone that disagrees with me is supressing my discourse, and an evil shadow government destroyed the WTC and then blamed it on Al Queda who are actually lovely people who love peace and teddy bears and bunny rabits, and it's all because the aliens want to put probes in my butt."
  • Options
    I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed and hoped for a more adult like discussion. Too much to ask from some I guess.

If you want an adult discussion you need to ditch the conspiracy crap and start talking like a sane person. You also need to stop spewing far-left garbage and then defending it as truth while attacking anyone with a different opinion as presenting lies and then deploring the fact that no-one is willing to listen to a differing opinion. In short, I'll have an adult discussion with you when you can prove yourself capable of it.
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    If you want an adult discussion you need to ditch the conspiracy crap and start talking like a sane person. You also need to stop spewing far-left garbage and then defending it as truth while attacking anyone with a different opinion as presenting lies and then deploring the fact that no-one is willing to listen to a differing opinion. In short, I'll have an adult discussion with you when you can prove yourself capable of it.

Who did I attack? I don't even think you know what an adult conversation is because you are incapable of handling yourself when someone with a differing opinion engages you. The truth is based on ones perception of the information out. It up to the person which points make more sense or seem more important. None of you (me included) have the marketed cornered on the truth. That's why I come here in hopes of civil discourse and exchanging ideas.

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    dayan wrote:
    Also I believe your rant was more along the lines of "the big bad government is out to get me, and everyone that disagrees with me is supressing my discourse, and an evil shadow government destroyed the WTC and then blamed it on Al Queda who are actually lovely people who love peace and teddy bears and bunny rabits, and it's all because the aliens want to put probes in my butt."

Why am I not surprised that's all you got from it?

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
    Boy, I can't believe some of you are DEFENDING Hezbollah.
    "If you want peace, be prepared for war."
    George Washington
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Arg, for crying out loud. Does anyone out there actually believe Hizbollah's horseshit reports of their own casualties? Give me a fucking break, how gullible do you have to be? Fighting of that intensity against one of the best armies in the world and you've only lost 60 people?
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    acroyear wrote:
    Boy, I can't believe some of you are DEFENDING Hezbollah.

Really? It still makes me ill, but it has ceased to surprise me.