Options

Why is Hillary still here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    LaterDays wrote:
    Honestly though, do you see *any* chance that the superdelegates will hand it to Clinton despite her losing the pledged votes, the number of states, and most likely the popular vote? The only one she *can* win is the last, and no one is going to give her the nomination for that alone. It's just flat-out not going to happen. If the fourth game hasn't been played, then there are 20 seconds left and she's down by 30 points. It's insurmountable. Her campaign is in the red, his is pulling in tens of millions every month. He leads her by ten points in the national polls.

She has become that stubborn prima dona sports star who doesn't care if the team loses, she just wants personal glory. It makes me wonder if she ever did honestly care about the party or the country... or if she's always had such a selfish agenda.

10 points in PA... I see a reason to stay in the race.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224
    chromiam wrote:
    10 points in PA... I see a reason to stay in the race.

HELLO AMERICA. OBAMA CANT WIN. SORRY. ITS NOT RACISM. ITS FACT. THIS PROVES THE POINT. WATCH THE BACKTRACKING THAT WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEK BY THE MEDIA AND BY THE BIG NAME OBAMITES. HE JUST DOESNT HAVE THE NUMBERS. HE MADE IT ABOUT RACE NOT THE CLINTONS. LIVE BY THE RACE ARGUMENT, YOU DIE BY IT AND HE DIED IN PA TONIGHT.
  • Options
    ...because she's really a republican in disguise
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    ...because she's really a republican in disguise

Aren't they all?
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    JzacurJzacur Posts: 64
    She's tough. I've been an Obama supporter from the start but I figured that if he lost out I would probably throw my vote to her. But after seeing her muck the very bottom of the pool in her attacks and then say that the "U.S would obliterate Iran" and her last minute fear mongering ads in PA I decided the day I cast a vote for her is a cold day in hell.

I cannot support a candidate who so blatantly plays fear tactics.
    9/28/05 PNC Park Pittsburgh- 6/23/06 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh- 8/02/07 The Vic- 8/05/07- Lollapalooza 6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    Last time I checked, neither candidate has the 2,025 delegates needed to officially win the nomination. So Hillary has every right to "still be here". All this whinning by the Obama crowd is really getting silly. If you think it's tough now, just wait until McCain get's his turn. He and the Republicans will tear him apart!!

BTW, nobody ever won an election by getting popular vote. Al Gore would be president if that was the case. Let the people of Florida and Michigan vote and then we can talk about popular vote and delegate count. What is Obama so afraid of??
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Part of me wants to vote for her just to send a big f*@k you out to all the guys who deserve it.
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    GauchoB wrote:
    HELLO AMERICA. OBAMA CANT WIN. SORRY. ITS NOT RACISM. ITS FACT. THIS PROVES THE POINT. WATCH THE BACKTRACKING THAT WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEK BY THE MEDIA AND BY THE BIG NAME OBAMITES. HE JUST DOESNT HAVE THE NUMBERS. HE MADE IT ABOUT RACE NOT THE CLINTONS. LIVE BY THE RACE ARGUMENT, YOU DIE BY IT AND HE DIED IN PA TONIGHT.
    Proves what, now? That he lost a state he was expected to lose?

And, since we're mentioning margins, Clinton didn't win it by 10. She won it by 9.2. Think that's a miniscule difference? Sure, except that means she didn't win by "double digits" (the perceived necessary threshold for an out and out win).

And what backtracking are you talking about? The media pretty much called this one accurately (most saying Clinton's victory would fall between an 8 to 12 margin). And you know who else doesn't have the numbers? Clinton. The Obama campaign has known all along that the Clintons would begin the primary season holding the front-runner status and hold a pretty insurmountable lead in the "big states." While I can't seem to find it on the internet right now, there was an Obama campaign map leaked to the media a few months back. As the news anchor pointed out at the time (just after Obama's February Sweep), Obama has been winning every state he expected to win from the beginning - and losing every state he expected to lose with the exception of Wisconson. Pennsylvania was in the "lose" catagory (as was Ohio and Texas - though by some measure he won Texas, too). Clinton can scream about her victories in the "big states" all she wants. The truth is, for numbers, Obama doesn't need them to win the Primary. Never did.

And how, exactly, has Obama made race an issue? By making Bill Clinton compare him to Jesse Jackson? By making a Clinton spokesman question whether or not Obama sold drugs? By making another Clinton spokesman repeatedly call him Hussein (in one of the most blatently backhanded compliments I've heard from a campaign)? In fact, why would Obama make this about race? It's not like history is replete with awesomely massive victories by black presidential candidates. It's not like we typically elect presidents with Muslim names. What would he have to gain?
  • Options
    Aren't they all?

political animals one and all
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    This will probably be deleted.......
    1]Hillary is the ANTICHRIST.If she wins the Presidency,the USA as we know it will cease to exist.You may hate Bush,but this girl is Evil!!!!
    2]Regardless of your party go out and vote
    3]Yes I am a Republican who did vote for Bill the 1st time around.Obama has tweaked my interest.
    4]Still leading towards McCain
    5]Just like a strong union,THE GOOD OLD BOY NETWORK needs to be busted.
    6]It is a time for change,but maybe its time for a REVOLUTION!!!!!!
    7]I live in New York ,Need I say more.My fellow New Yorkers elected poor old Hillary to be are Senator.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    GauchoB wrote:
    No one likes a quitter in this country.

Is that why Nixon was elected in 69?
  • Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Is that why Nixon was elected in 69?
    Weren't you supposed to be going to join your comrades in Gaza by now?