Options

Why is Hillary still here?

ucsbledbetterucsbledbetter Posts: 173
edited April 2008 in A Moving Train
Seriously, she has to take either the popular vote or the delegates to look good at the convention and she will not have either one!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Because she will not give up until she cheats her way to the number 1 spot.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Because Cockroaches don't die :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    She reminds me of Nurse Ratched from 'One flew over the cuckoos nest'. Every ounce of her personality stinks.
  • Options
    because she paid for those Super Delegates, fair and square
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    rasty10rasty10 Posts: 68
    Still better than Obama...it's amazing to see how many people are falling prey to his apparently amazing campaign strategy that's making everyone believe he is something different, a "fresh face." What exactly does that mean anyway?? That's really all that I hear about him. My favorite is how he's quick to point out that political attacks are a distraction to the real issues, and of course everyone is amazed that he's so much more enlightened than all the other politicians, whose major fault is that they're running on an ancient, and redundant, political straegy. I'm pretty sure he will still collect taxes, spend alot of money on defense, and conduct thousands of political meetings..maybe what he means is that he'll wear jeans and a Hawaiian shirt for 4 years. I have to admit it's a great strategy that will most likely win him the nomination, but not the election...and then we'll be stuck with 4 more years of Republicans. I'm not against Obama for this reason, but a campaign strategy will certainly not get my vote!!
    96-Prague
    98-Camden
    03-Camden
    06-Prague, Berlin, Vienna, Zagreb
    07-Katowice
    08-NYC I/II, Hartford, Mansfield I/II
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Because Bill and the Dems promised her the presidency in the 90s so she wouldn't bail and bring down the Clinton white house. Now she wants payback dammit!! if it takes till 2012 or 2016 so be it.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    All I know is the Republicans are eating this up, as long as they keep battling it out the more likely we will have another 4 years of the same old crap!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    DixieNDixieN Posts: 351
    Well, jeez. Old Hill's winning in PA right now. She should definitely pack it in. On the night before she took TX, y'all were saying she should just damn well quit. After all, if she didn't quit, she might win. How inconsiderate of her, the witch! That makes things tough for our hero, Obama. It would make his life ever so much easier to run unopposed. Good Lord! Obama spent a ton of money in PA reassuring people that in fact he never meant to say they were bitter and clinging to guns and religion, which sounds just a bit classist and bigoted. Hillary should have said that! He deserves to have PA in his back pocket, so that for the second time in her life Michelle can be proud of this country. For Hillary to just get PA for a 1/3 the price just doesn't seem right. I mean, a deal's one thing, but a bargain like that amounts to stealing. Should PA be a blue light special for Hillary's Clinton's thick-ankled taking?? Not only is the old bag shrill and ambitious and scheming, she's a bargain shopper to boot--which makes her trendy in today's economy. Trendy! Now there's a good epithet for you. 60-year-old women shouldn't be trendy. Now she's trying to steal not only PA, but trendiness away from Obama! People stand up!!!

You guys are funny. Do you guys tell the team that's winning the basketball game to give it up? I think you might.
  • Options
    ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    i love to see people here who are big on Freedom of Speech and other freedoms telling someone what to do. I guess Freedom is only allowed if your winning.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    DixieN wrote:
    You guys are funny. Do you guys tell the team that's winning the basketball game to give it up? I think you might.

No, but if they're getting beat bad enough I leave, which is what the supers should do.

I don't care if Hillary stays in until the end. My problem is her going super negative on the candidate that has greater that 85% chance of being the nominee. Stay in, run a fair campaign, and when it's clear you cannot win---drop out.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    On the night before she took TX, y'all were saying she should just damn well quit.

You realize Obama actually won more delegates in Texas than Hillary did, don't you?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    No, but if they're getting beat bad enough I leave, which is what the supers should do.

I don't care if Hillary stays in until the end. My problem is her going super negative on the candidate that has greater that 85% chance of being the nominee. Stay in, run a fair campaign, and when it's clear you cannot win---drop out.

Obama has just been as dirty but the news never says anything abotu this as soon as he makes a speech. i am not blaming Obama on this by the way. i have never understood why people always say something is negative when it fcat it is just showing the "so-called" differences between the two people.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

• Options
    LaterDaysLaterDays Posts: 141
    DixieN wrote:

A more apt sports analogy: It's a Best-of-7 series, and she lost the first four games... Now she's demanding the last 3 still be played, even though the winner has already been decided.

Look at the math. Seriously, just look at it. She cannot overtake him in pledged delegates, since February he's added dozens and dozens of superdelegates to her handful ( ), and she's gotta absolutely destroy him in the most of the remaining contests just to catch him in the popular vote. And even if that happened, which it won't, the party will still give it to him b/c she's the most polarizing, hated democratic politician alive. (My parents, for instance, are both affluent, religious conservatives. My dad doesn't like McCain and won't ever vote for a liberal... so he's not going to vote. "Unless," he says, "Hillary wins. Then I'll *have* to vote for McCain." Mom likes Obama to McCain, but she too won't vote unless Hillary runs... in which case she'll be pulling hard for McCain. Even suggested, amusingly, that she would consider campaigning for him).
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • Options
    Thecure wrote:
    i love to see people here who are big on Freedom of Speech and other freedoms telling someone what to do. I guess Freedom is only allowed if your winning.

No one anywhere is challenging her legal right to say what she wants. What it boils down to is this: Democrats want to win in November, and we see her continuous campaigning despite an mathematical and practical inability to win as hurting our chances.

I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan, and I love Albert Pujols. But if Pujols hitting and fielding started to suck, and a young rookie comes off the bench and bats .400 with 45 homeruns in Pujols' place, I'd expect Albert to step aside. It's about the team, not about the player. And that's all anyone here is saying: Hillary, step aside for the good of the team. You had your chance, you were the given the assumed starting position, and you lost it due to poor performance. The longer she stays in, the harder it is for the other player to focus on winning the game.

It has nothing to do w/ the First Amendment, which I seriously doubt you know shit about anyway.
    "You are everything, and everything is you. Me, you... you, me -- it's all related."
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    LaterDays wrote:
    A more apt sports analogy: It's a Best-of-7 series, and she lost the first four games... Now she's demanding the last 3 still be played, even though the winner has already been decided.

Problem with that analogy is that game 4 isn't finished yet.... neither candidate has enough delegates to win the nomination so the super delegates hold all the power and can vote any which way they choose. Blame the party for setting up their rules that way, but don't blame the candidates for wanting to see it out to the finish.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    LaterDays wrote:
    I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan, and I love Albert Pujols.

Fuck yeah you do. Go Redbirds!
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Thecure wrote:
    Obama has just been as dirty but the news never says anything abotu this as soon as he makes a speech. i am not blaming Obama on this by the way. i have never understood why people always say something is negative when it fcat it is just showing the "so-called" differences between the two people.

i'm afraid i have to disagree. Obama has been nowhere near as dirty, and in the instances where he is accused of similar tactics, he has usually been defending himself. He has, at times, been drug, kicking and screaming into the trenches. He hasn't willingly jumped there. Its really hard to stay on the high ground when your opponet refuses to play there. He has to fight back or suffer the same fate as John Kerry who allowed himself to be swiftboated. In order to win he has to speak the same language. Running a clean campaign against the clinton's is kind of like trying to speak spanish to someone who clearly only speaks french. i'd say, considering the circumstances, and considering the gutter tactics consistently employed by the clinton's, he has maintained the high ground more often than not.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    Thecure wrote:

How has he been "dirty"? He only responds to Clinton's attacks on him, and when given the opportunity to attack her for some inconsequential non-issue, he always gives her a pass. He'll call her out on it if she's being full of shit or if she's trying to spin his words into something he clearly didn't mean, but he never plays offense w/ it... just defense. He has been overwhelmingly, impressively restrained. And I was a Hillary supporter until I saw his race speech (in its entirety; the little snippets you see on the news don't do it any sort of justice).
  • Options
    macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,505
    because the media builds people up and than crushes them... SAME WITH OBAMA AND MCCAIN

remember BOB DOLE?

lol the american public will vote for whoever the media tells them to vote for...

pathetic
  • Options
    LaterDays wrote:
    How has he been "dirty"? He only responds to Clinton's attacks on him, and when given the opportunity to attack her for some inconsequential non-issue, he always gives her a pass. He'll call her out on it if she's being full of shit or if she's trying to spin his words into something he clearly didn't mean, but he never plays offense w/ it... just defense. He has been overwhelmingly, impressively restrained. And I was a Hillary supporter until I saw his race speech (in its entirety; the little snippets you see on the news don't do it any sort of justice).

you are ridiculous.. lol

read your post...
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Problem with that analogy is that game 4 isn't finished yet.... neither candidate has enough delegates to win the nomination so the super delegates hold all the power and can vote any which way they choose. Blame the party for setting up their rules that way, but don't blame the candidates for wanting to see it out to the finish.

Honestly though, do you see *any* chance that the superdelegates will hand it to Clinton despite her losing the pledged votes, the number of states, and most likely the popular vote? The only one she *can* win is the last, and no one is going to give her the nomination for that alone. It's just flat-out not going to happen. If the fourth game hasn't been played, then there are 20 seconds left and she's down by 30 points. It's insurmountable. Her campaign is in the red, his is pulling in tens of millions every month. He leads her by ten points in the national polls.

She has become that stubborn prima dona sports star who doesn't care if the team loses, she just wants personal glory. It makes me wonder if she ever did honestly care about the party or the country... or if she's always had such a selfish agenda.
  • Options
    macgyver06 wrote:
    you are ridiculous.. lol

read your post...

Read it, stand by it. What am I missing?
  • Options
    LaterDays wrote:
    No one anywhere is challenging her legal right to say what she wants. What it boils down to is this: Democrats want to win in November, and we see her continuous campaigning despite an mathematical and practical inability to win as hurting our chances.

I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan, and I love Albert Pujols. But if Pujols hitting and fielding started to suck, and a young rookie comes off the bench and bats .400 with 45 homeruns in Pujols' place, I'd expect Albert to step aside. It's about the team, not about the player. And that's all anyone here is saying: Hillary, step aside for the good of the team. You had your chance, you were the given the assumed starting position, and you lost it due to poor performance. The longer she stays in, the harder it is for the other player to focus on winning the game.

It has nothing to do w/ the First Amendment, which I seriously doubt you know shit about anyway.

wow your anger in that last part was overwheming. do you believe that what Hillary is doing maybe good for Obama and the Democrats. he has to be prepared for what he is going to get from McCain and teh Rep and this is helping preparing him for that. secondly, does ayone here believe that if Hillary never said those things Obama than McCain would have never thought about it. Come On. I think that the people should decide who they want to be the leader. so many people here get saying that they hate how we are forced to vote for teh same shit over and over again but now they are saying you knwo what let's just give it to this person and who cares abotu the votes.

I don't think Hillary will Win but i say let her do what she wants and if people are going to not vote for Obama than maybe he was not the person they really wanted.

• Options
    LaterDays wrote:
    Read it, stand by it. What am I missing?

youre missing facts.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Seriously, she has to take either the popular vote or the delegates to look good at the convention and she will not have either one!

Right, at this point, she's just ruining the Democrats chance to beat the Republican party. I think she's let her own ambition take over and she's thrown everyone else under the bus! It's bad.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    Because she's an asshat? Obviously she has every right to keep running, something Obama keeps making perfectly clear. But she should be able to see that, in the end, he's going to lead in popular vote and delegates. For her to win the nomination with him leading those would be completely un-democratic, but she's actually said she doesn't care about that. I think the call for her to stop is based on that democratic principle...

Edit: I hate her idea that since she's won some of these more traditional democratic races (read: white) that she's more electable. I believe anyone that voted for her in a primary would vote for Obama in the general. I saw an article referenced here saying something like 28% of Hillary supporters would go to McCain, I just cannot fathom that.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/22/clinton-iran-would-pay-a-very-high-price-for-nuclear-attack/

Cold War Part Deux. What I really dislike about Mrs. Clinton is that she isn't that much different than any current senior official leading this country. She has the exact same agenda, although she denies it, as the current administration. And by that I mean that lack of change that will come about in this country if she is elected President.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Go Hillary GO, give em Hell!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224

Cmon Gauchos. You gotta win to get in. No one likes a quitter in this country.
  • Options
    GauchoBGauchoB Posts: 224
    because she paid for those Super Delegates, fair and square

Most of those people who turned on the Clintons probably would not even have jobs in government but for the Clintons. They need to burn the house down and build it over again.