• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Has there ever been a time in our history where politics dictates literally everything in a persons life? Which billionaires you should hate or like, which movies, which comedians, which athletes…. Such a weird time. 
    all billionaires should be hated.

the enemy does not arrive by boat. the enemy arrives by limousine.
    All billionaires should be hated? I strongly disagree but to each their own. 
    I once disagreed with this statement as well, but then I read up on why; you don't become a billionaire by being a nice guy. you spend your life taking advantage of thousands, millions even, of regular middle class and poor people and exploiting them and the system. 

now, there are some billionaires that give a lot back. but what's the motivation there? tax breaks? perception? and yes, motivation matters. 
    I understand where you’re coming from I just don’t agree. I don’t think successful people or innovators should be looked at so negatively , generally speaking. 
    successful people and innovators shouldn't be "generally" hated. Just the top .01%. Amazon for example: it is putting thousands upon thousands of other businesses out of business because of their "innovation". That's not good for the economy. While I hypocritically order from amazon all the time because of the cost and next door delivery options, they shouldn't be celebrated for destroying smaller, even other massively large companies in the process. Companies that employ millions. 
    I understand but nobody is willing to sacrifice convenience to change anything. So can you blame him/them? When should he have stopped growing the company? If someone supports capitalism then you can’t hate billionaires. Just my opinion. Is it annoying watching someone spend 500 million on a yacht? Of course. But it is what it is. 

We pay 50% in tax, they pay 20%. Loopholes…carried interest…many large corps pay nearly zero in income tax…and special breaks written for wealthy families with old $ and on and on.

There’s a rock solid reason for you.
    That’s a reason to hate the laws not them. Would you voluntarily pay more or just have your accountant handle it ? 

That’s not a fair comment imo. We know that certain billionaires use their wealth as a weapon to manipulate the laws in their favor and harming everyone, including you, with less wealth. They get access no one else gets, because they inherit billions.

and the reason the gop wins this argument usually at the ballot box is it can become very technical very fast, and lose the average voter quickly, without calling Gern to the convo quickly.

For example, a high earner, but not a billionaire, will pay fica, and that gets doubled by their employer. Further, a billionaire can convert all their income to capital gains, and pay a much lower rate than anyone else. That’s over twenty percent right there. You can hire the best accountant in the world, and it doesn’t matter at all. These laws and favorable rates for the wealthy are set in stone. And the billionaires spend a ton of money so the gop can confuse the public about the truth to keep this gravy train rolling.

Hence the reason a liberal might LOVE Buffet the billionaire but HATE Ken Griffen the billionaire 
    So again, what should they do? Give it all away? Stop at a certain point? Try to pay more in taxes? I understand…. the world isn’t fair. 

They are using money to cause harm to those with far fewer resouces, and give themselves special break.

The original comment "Which billionaires you should hate or like"

I'm only providing a reasonable answer. 

What should they do? 1. Pay the same percentage as me. 2. Stop asking for special tax breaks.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,676
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Has there ever been a time in our history where politics dictates literally everything in a persons life? Which billionaires you should hate or like, which movies, which comedians, which athletes…. Such a weird time. 
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?
    Then keep it to yourself otherwise you’re trolling. I see you going on and on at all hours of the night about things but this is where you draw the line in your ramblings? Weird 
    How does one even respond to this? You’re suddenly interested in my “ramblings?” Weirder.
    you responded to my comment. Why? Next time just don’t respond. You don’t have to insert yourself into every comment in every thread on AMT.  I don’t understand what game this is you’re playing but it’s annoying. 
    I don’t but carry on and use the ignore feature. 

Politics doesn’t dictate everything in one’s life. Only if you live your life that way. And to each their own.

For example, I don’t drink bud light because it’s shitty beer, not because a political party told me not to. I don’t hate billionaires, I dislike them because they’re shitty people, the ones I know and think of. I don’t shop via Amazon because their website is shitty, their return policy sucks and I try to buy local. I eat less red meat because it’s healthier for me, not because PETA or AOC told me to. Athletes and celebrities? Who gives a shit but I’m not paying to see shitty music because it’s shitty music, not because they shot an insensitive video in a historically significant locale or shot up a 30 pack of Bud light.

How’s that for “rambling?”
    he was obviously talking broadly, not you specifically. it wasn't a weird comment at all. he's right. when in the country's history have you EVER seen a president sell merch and it become a person's entire identity? and it's not just magas. there are many liberals who live their lives based on that ideology specifically. 
    I know he was speaking broadly and not me personally. Campaign merchandise has been around forever. Show me pics of Brandon rallies with folks bedecked in Brandon flags, clothing, vehicles, etc. It’s not a “both sides.” POOTWH supporters are in a cult and go to great lengths to “own the libs.”

Weird comment.
    I know trump's supporters are in a different class all their own. there's no direct comparison, and I didn't make one. the world isn't as black and white as you want it to be. 

weird comment. 
    I’m not the one claiming everyone’s life is lived due to politics nor that liberals are also living some cultist merch filled identity life style.

weird comment.
    no one claimed either of those things. stop making shit up. 
    Go back and read Nick’s post and yours. He made an over exaggerated statement and you said there were liberals consumed by politics like magats are. I didn’t “make shit up.” I called Nick’s comment weird.

weird, I know.
    You’d be well advised to understand nuances in context. I was pretty clear that MAGA and liberal identities are nowhere close to the same; just that there are liberals who live their lives based on political ideology. But you have to twist shit and state your own alternative facts. It’s fine. We’re all used to it by now, Kellyanne Libway. 
    ooooooooooo, salty. You'd be well advised to..................

Clear as mud: "and it's not just magas. there are many liberals who live their lives based on that ideology specifically."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?
    Then keep it to yourself otherwise you’re trolling. I see you going on and on at all hours of the night about things but this is where you draw the line in your ramblings? Weird 
    How does one even respond to this? You’re suddenly interested in my “ramblings?” Weirder.
    you responded to my comment. Why? Next time just don’t respond. You don’t have to insert yourself into every comment in every thread on AMT.  I don’t understand what game this is you’re playing but it’s annoying. 

Politics doesn’t dictate everything in one’s life. Only if you live your life that way. And to each their own.

For example, I don’t drink bud light because it’s shitty beer, not because a political party told me not to. I don’t hate billionaires, I dislike them because they’re shitty people, the ones I know and think of. I don’t shop via Amazon because their website is shitty, their return policy sucks and I try to buy local. I eat less red meat because it’s healthier for me, not because PETA or AOC told me to. Athletes and celebrities? Who gives a shit but I’m not paying to see shitty music because it’s shitty music, not because they shot an insensitive video in a historically significant locale or shot up a 30 pack of Bud light.

he was obviously talking broadly, not you specifically. it wasn't a weird comment at all. he's right. when in the country's history have you EVER seen a president sell merch and it become a person's entire identity? and it's not just magas. there are many liberals who live their lives based on that ideology specifically. 
    I know he was speaking broadly and not me personally. Campaign merchandise has been around forever. Show me pics of Brandon rallies with folks bedecked in Brandon flags, clothing, vehicles, etc. It’s not a “both sides.” POOTWH supporters are in a cult and go to great lengths to “own the libs.”

Weird comment.
    I know trump's supporters are in a different class all their own. there's no direct comparison, and I didn't make one. the world isn't as black and white as you want it to be. 

weird comment. 
    I’m not the one claiming everyone’s life is lived due to politics nor that liberals are also living some cultist merch filled identity life style.

weird comment.
    Go back and read Nick’s post and yours. He made an over exaggerated statement and you said there were liberals consumed by politics like magats are. I didn’t “make shit up.” I called Nick’s comment weird.

weird, I know.
    You’d be well advised to understand nuances in context. I was pretty clear that MAGA and liberal identities are nowhere close to the same; just that there are liberals who live their lives based on political ideology. But you have to twist shit and state your own alternative facts. It’s fine. We’re all used to it by now, Kellyanne Libway. 
     :s  :o=)
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?

Weird comment.

weird comment. 

weird comment.

weird, I know.
    Kellyanne Libway. 
    Teehee.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    nicknyr15 said:
    all billionaires should be hated.

Bezos donating $100Million to Maui.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?

Weird comment.

weird comment. 

weird comment.

weird, I know.
    Kellyanne Libway. 
    Teehee.
    😂
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,692
    I find it interesting how Bezos and Amazon splits the left.  I think it’s representative of the old left, who are much more suspicious of corps and the new left, who are center on Econ issues and left on social issues.  And who work in these big corps.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?

Weird comment.

weird comment. 

weird comment.

weird, I know.
    Kellyanne Libway. 
    Teehee.
    Funny bros. I did laugh.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?

Weird comment.

weird comment. 

weird comment.

weird, I know.
    Kellyanne Libway. 
    Teehee.
    Funny bros. I did laugh.

😂😂😂 what a pic 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Such a weird comment.
    Then Explain. 
    Why?

You lost me at Amazon has a shitty return policy. 
    I said it sucks.
    Literally couldn’t be easier. 
    Seriously.
    Folks can certainly find fault with Amazon and Bezos, but the return policy is one thing that is pretty damn hard to find fault with.
    I don't like that sometimes I have to put in a box and others I don't.  Thanks Obama. 
    My UPS store is annoying and always want it in a box, even when the directions specifically say not to. They wouldn’t take the return once time because it wasn’t boxed and I showed up the directions, he was still going to charge me for a box. I just came back later with my own.
    Not Amazons fault though. 
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 284
    seanwon said:

wow. mocking a pro athlete because you don't like their politics. that's top shelf stuff right there. she's also likely achieved 1000 times more in her field than you have in yours, so...you know...there's that. 

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    seanwon said:
    seanwon said:

wow. mocking a pro athlete because you don't like their politics. that's top shelf stuff right there. she's also likely achieved 1000 times more in her field than you have in yours, so...you know...there's that. 

Can you post a meme with mango Mussolini & his gang enjoying a drink too! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934

fucking hilarious...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    would like to see video of this to hear HOW it was said. but what in the actual fuck.....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    would like to see video of this to hear HOW it was said. but what in the actual fuck.....

Well, if the wall had been built, this shit wouldn’t be happening.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    mickeyrat said:

Fox News host apparently decided the best way to deal with Tropical Storm Hilary was to ― wait for it ― blame it on Joe Biden.

At the opening of Fox News’ “Big Weekend Show” on Sunday, host Lisa Kennedy Montgomery, who goes by just Kennedy, engaged in some casual xenophobia by jokingly implying the storm was just another immigrant.

“The wrath of Tropical Storm Hilary. Forty-two million desperate souls in the path of the storm, which made landfall in Mexico several hours ago. But they let it right into the country because it’s Biden’s America,” she said.

Although most people will accept that Kennedy was just making an awful immigration joke, the anti-Trump website Meidas Touch noted that “a good number of MAGA Republican weather modification conspiracy theorists could have taken Fox News’ reporting a different way.” It added, “Let’s just say the Jewish Space Laser crowd eats this stuff up.”

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-blames-biden-letting-180646463.html
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Kat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fox News host apparently decided the best way to deal with Tropical Storm Hilary was to ― wait for it ― blame it on Joe Biden.

At the opening of Fox News’ “Big Weekend Show” on Sunday, host Lisa Kennedy Montgomery, who goes by just Kennedy, engaged in some casual xenophobia by jokingly implying the storm was just another immigrant.

“The wrath of Tropical Storm Hilary. Forty-two million desperate souls in the path of the storm, which made landfall in Mexico several hours ago. But they let it right into the country because it’s Biden’s America,” she said.

Although most people will accept that Kennedy was just making an awful immigration joke, the anti-Trump website Meidas Touch noted that “a good number of MAGA Republican weather modification conspiracy theorists could have taken Fox News’ reporting a different way.” It added, “Let’s just say the Jewish Space Laser crowd eats this stuff up.”

Anyone with half a brain, or less, knows that the weather, like facts and numbers, has a liberal bias.
  • Options
    Kat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Anyone with half a brain, or less, knows that the weather, like facts and numbers, has a liberal bias.
    And moves to where the sharpie tells it to. Fact, yo.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,337

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026

I don't know what Fox has to do with Succession, but we've been watching that show lately. Just finished season 2 and I'm starting to get tired of it. Is it worth watching the rest? Seems to be getting stale right now. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    mace1229 said:

I don't know what Fox has to do with Succession, but we've been watching that show lately. Just finished season 2 and I'm starting to get tired of it. Is it worth watching the rest? Seems to be getting stale right now. 
    We just started Succession (a month ago?) due to hearing it's really good. The first few episodes haven't really grabbed me. Not sure if we will get back into it or not.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

So even into season 2 you see no correlation between ATN and Fox?  It should be apparent already.  
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:

We just started Succession (a month ago?) due to hearing it's really good. The first few episodes haven't really grabbed me. Not sure if we will get back into it or not.
    Try to stick it out.  I thought it was great.  It was dark, funny and sad all at the same time.  I just finished it up on a plane the other day and season four in particular was excellent.  My wife ended up not liking it because she hated all the characters, as they are so flawed.  And that is true, it's hard to like any of them.  They are not quite the lovable villain ala Tony Soprano.