Fox News

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I’m all for keeping government out of private business but it’s hard to deny that anti discrimination legislation has been effective overall.

I wonder if desegregation was viewed as religious discrimination at one point. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,412
    Didn't CNN just hire back that guy that was a whacking on that zoom call?   :s
    Didn’t faux news just pay a million dollar fine for intimidating victims of sexual harassment from filing claims or charges? See? Same-same.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/30/1011530254/fox-news-pays-record-fine-over-metoo-violations-of-nyc-human-rights-law
    It's almost like the only two classes are not Democrat and Republican, rather the rule makers and the elites and then the rest of us.
    Unless you’re gay and want to buy a cake or flowers for your wedding.
    Ahh yes, another issue to divide us...  The real insurrection will occur when the plebes band together and go after them.  Unfortunately, it will never happen.
    Do you believe it’s right and should be legal for a bakery to deny service to a gay couple?
    Same ol tactics huh?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    What tactics are you referring to? That both sides are the same? I never did get an answer. What are your thoughts on discrimination based on sexual orientation? Huh?
    I'm poking fun at you.  The flip side of that argument is (I think)what are your thoughts on religious discrimination?

Edit: So this doesn't drag on, my comment was a total troll one and not need answered.
    I don’t think it’s religious discrimination for a religious zealot cake or flower shop owner to have to serve someone with a sexual orientation they don’t approve of. What are your thoughts?
    The bakery is open to the public but have the right to refuse service.

If I put it another way where a man in a head scarf walks in to buy a cake for Ramadan decorated in Arabic and was refused, would your response be the same?  

Personally I wouldn't go back to either bakery if the above scenarios happened but they should have the right to refuse service.
    Where does the "right to refuse service" end?

Depends on the reason given. If its "we can't write in Arabic and it'd look like shit," or "sorry, we don't serve Muslims or Arabs," makes a difference. If I walk in wearing a cross and ask that my cake be made to resemble the Vatican and get refused because it'd be a pile resembling a pile of cake, that is not discriminatory. If I were refused because I was catholic, I'm not, I'm atheist, that would be discrimination.

Personally, I wouldn't go back either but business owners shouldn't be allowed to refuse service, "just because." Would you be okay with a business refusing service because you're vaccinated/unvaccinated? Again, where does it end?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    edited July 2021
    NM
    Post edited by cutz on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Didn’t faux news just pay a million dollar fine for intimidating victims of sexual harassment from filing claims or charges? See? Same-same.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/30/1011530254/fox-news-pays-record-fine-over-metoo-violations-of-nyc-human-rights-law
    It's almost like the only two classes are not Democrat and Republican, rather the rule makers and the elites and then the rest of us.
    Ahh yes, another issue to divide us...  The real insurrection will occur when the plebes band together and go after them.  Unfortunately, it will never happen.
    Do you believe it’s right and should be legal for a bakery to deny service to a gay couple?
    What tactics are you referring to? That both sides are the same? I never did get an answer. What are your thoughts on discrimination based on sexual orientation? Huh?
    I'm poking fun at you.  The flip side of that argument is (I think)what are your thoughts on religious discrimination?

Edit: So this doesn't drag on, my comment was a total troll one and not need answered.
    I don’t think it’s religious discrimination for a religious zealot cake or flower shop owner to have to serve someone with a sexual orientation they don’t approve of. What are your thoughts?

If I put it another way where a man in a head scarf walks in to buy a cake for Ramadan decorated in Arabic and was refused, would your response be the same?  

Personally I wouldn't go back to either bakery if the above scenarios happened but they should have the right to refuse service.
    right to refuse service doesn't extend to discrimination. hence, we no longer have "whites only" signs anywhere. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732

Depends on the reason given. If its "we can't write in Arabic and it'd look like shit," or "sorry, we don't serve Muslims or Arabs," makes a difference. If I walk in wearing a cross and ask that my cake be made to resemble the Vatican and get refused because it'd be a pile resembling a pile of cake, that is not discriminatory. If I were refused because I was catholic, I'm not, I'm atheist, that would be discrimination.

Personally, I wouldn't go back either but business owners shouldn't be allowed to refuse service, "just because." Would you be okay with a business refusing service because you're vaccinated/unvaccinated? Again, where does it end?

right to refuse service doesn't extend to discrimination. hence, we no longer have "whites only" signs anywhere. 
    The courts ruled in favor of the cake guy.

The courts ruled in favor of the cake guy.

on appeal, yes, but not because of the merits of his case, but because of how the colorado human rights commissions apparently "handled it". they stated they may have found in favour of the couple had the human rights commission acted "religiously neutral" in their ruling. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

an actual chyron on fox news that I just saw said "OBAMA TURNS OFF COMMENTS ON INSTAGRAM". holy shit this network is a joke. here is the website article:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barack-obama-instagram-comments-afghanistan-collapse
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Disingenuous 
    Fucks

Lol...Look how they framed the article, look at the people they have commenting on it....then watch and listen to the actual video. He clearly did not call him "boy." Seems pretty obvious he was saying something like "boy, does he know Louisiana" yet in a typical Biden garbled way. Unreal. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-calls-black-adviser-boy

chinese-happy.jpg
    Disingenuous 
    Fucks

Lol...Look how they framed the article, look at the people they have commenting on it....then watch and listen to the actual video. He clearly did not call him "boy." Seems pretty obvious he was saying something like "boy, does he know Louisiana" yet in a typical Biden garbled way. Unreal. 

I didn't know that Kayleigh McEneny was a regular contributor on Fox. cuz of course she is. 

and who was that woman with the british accent who said "biden is clearly not smart enough". what kind of fucking reporting is that? who says that in a professional capacity?

bunch of losers on that network. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    Disingenuous 
    Fucks

I didn't know that Kayleigh McEneny was a regular contributor on Fox. cuz of course she is. 

and who was that woman with the british accent who said "biden is clearly not smart enough". what kind of fucking reporting is that? who says that in a professional capacity?

True

Now imagine their viewers
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    Disingenuous 
    Fucks

True

Now imagine their viewers
    I don't have to imagine. I live and work among them.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    Now the new thing is that Biden looked at his watch during the Gold Star family meetings.  And he tried to relate to them by bringing up the death of Beau.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    trump looked at a fucking eclipse with his unprotected eyes. 

i don't want to hear it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Some crazy Trump conspiracy believing woman lost her son in the bomb last week. She posted some ridiculous rant on instagram about how Biden disrespected her by saying he could relate to her (which, of course he clearly can) and that he looked at his watch. She went on to call him a fake president yada yada yada.........anyway, get ready for this lady to be a regular contributor to Fox within the next week or two. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Some crazy Trump conspiracy believing woman lost her son in the bomb last week. She posted some ridiculous rant on instagram about how Biden disrespected her by saying he could relate to her (which, of course he clearly can) and that he looked at his watch. She went on to call him a fake president yada yada yada.........anyway, get ready for this lady to be a regular contributor to Fox within the next week or two. 
    She got banned by FB/IG and now people are losing their shit over it.
    in a month she will be the new hannity.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

She's exploiting her son's death for 15 minutes of radical right fame. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    She's exploiting her son's death for 15 minutes of radical right fame. 
    it is pretty disgusting.

a friend of mine shared a post from the mom's now zucced facebook page. i am surprised that my friend shared it knowing what it was.

• Well, at least Fucker Carlson admitted to what everyone knows. Well, some know, anyway.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson tells interviewer: ‘I lie’

In an interview, Tucker Carlson admitted: “I lie.”

The Fox News host was speaking to Dave Rubin. The YouTube host and conservative author asked about how Carlson felt about CNN hosts Brian Stelter, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon, who Rubin called “clown people”.

Carlson said: “I guess I would ask myself, like, I mean I lie if I’m really cornered or something. I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t – I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson tells interviewer: ‘I lie’ (msn.com)

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Well, at least Fucker Carlson admitted to what everyone knows. Well, some know, anyway.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson tells interviewer: ‘I lie’

In an interview, Tucker Carlson admitted: “I lie.”

The Fox News host was speaking to Dave Rubin. The YouTube host and conservative author asked about how Carlson felt about CNN hosts Brian Stelter, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon, who Rubin called “clown people”.

Carlson said: “I guess I would ask myself, like, I mean I lie if I’m really cornered or something. I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t – I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson tells interviewer: ‘I lie’ (msn.com)

"trust me, I'm a liar".
  • Everyone knows that President Biden’s hands are like that flying glove in Yellow Submarine and while you think he’s standing at the podium talking gibberish, his hands are pick pocketing you to take your hard earned pay and slipping books about homosexuality and race onto your child’s bookshelves, maybe even some of those communist manifesto series books of indoctrination otherwise known as Sesame Street and Dr. Seuss.

Brilliantati©
    You's on first
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    2 options. They’re dumb enough that that actually happened or they’re dumb enough to think that would be funny.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    i guess that opens up a slot for that project veritas kid.

mickeyrat said:
    i guess that opens up a slot for that project veritas kid.
    next on Fox: it's the Race Bait Hour, with "Bonehead Barbie" Tomi Lahren, featuring her Token Black Conservative, Candace Owens. Come join us as we discuss Today's Liberal Outrage with Dr. Joe Rogan. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD