Options

So Which One of You Hope-Mongers Is Buying Fannie & Freddie at $1 Per Share?

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited September 2008 in A Moving Train
Seriously.
I'm a whack job for buying gold, and SILVER (which is at $11.6!!!! right now!!!) ...

But which one of you HOPE-MONGERS is going to step up to the plate and load up your portfolio with several thousand dollars worth of dirt cheap and SURELY a BARGAIN DEAL Fannie and Freddie stock, both trading around $1 a share right now?

Huh?

Hmm?
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    Seriously.
    I'm a whack job for buying gold, and SILVER (which is at $11.6!!!! right now!!!) ...

But which one of you HOPE-MONGERS is going to step up to the plate and load up your portfolio with several thousand dollars worth of dirt cheap and SURELY a BARGAIN DEAL Fannie and Freddie stock, both trading around $1 a share right now?

Huh?

Hmm?

i don't buy stocks. i find it ironic that for a man who rails against the elite you're playing their game and doing your damndest to make yourself one of them.
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I will not be buying Fannie or Freddie stock, not because I don't trust the stock but because I never invest in financial services.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Seriously.

Huh?

Hmm?
    What's the use, since as public entities you're already owner of them? ;)
  • Options
    i'll let my people handle that.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    we all own it now. IT comes out of our paychecks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    spyguyspyguy Posts: 613
    so is calling someone a hope monger some sort of insult?

hope monger>fear monger
  • Options
    spyguyspyguy Posts: 613
    mammasan wrote:
    I will not be buying Fannie or Freddie stock, not because I don't trust the stock but because I never invest in financial services.

your going to tell me this comment doesnt stink of i'm better then everyone attitude?

;)
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    we all own it now. IT comes out of our paychecks.

Exactly. It's a sad, sad thing. If my money is going to be given to bail out a company, those two aren't anywhere near the top of my list.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    spyguy wrote:
    your going to tell me this comment doesnt stink of i'm better then everyone attitude?

;)

It does but that's because I am better than everyone. :)
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i think it is funny mr anti-establishment is now giving investment advice :rolleyes:
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    my2hands wrote:
    i think it is funny mr anti-establishment is now giving investment advice :rolleyes:
    It ended in a question mark so I doubt it was advice.
  • Options
    Seriously.
    I'm a whack job

Yep.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    What the hell? It's either that or a sausage McMuffin. And who needs a sausage McMuffin anyway?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    It does but that's because I am better than everyone. :)

except me.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

glad i'm not the only one to notice. for someone who seems to rail against some sort of controlling elite society of rich men, he sure talks like he spends all day on wall street watching stock tickers like the people he claims to hate.
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    glad i'm not the only one to notice. for someone who seems to rail against some sort of controlling elite society of rich men, he sure talks like he spends all day on wall street watching stock tickers like the people he claims to hate.

it wasn't advice.
    it was a question.
    i was throwing it back in the face of all the mockers who ask me how much gold i have, and if my cave is prepared for the nuclear winter.

so my question, to throw it back in their face is,
    since you seem so sure that everything is fucking nicotine and gravy,
    are you putting your fucking money where your mouth is,
    and are you gonna double down and buy you some worthless Fannie and Freddie,

because surely if you have as much faith in this worthless fucking government as "you" say you do, then you will run right out and buy as much as you can, because in a years time they will be trading at $60+, right?

And that is one hell of a rate of return.

But of course, i don't see ANYone stepping up to say, "yeah, i'm man enough to poney up that bet".

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    it wasn't advice.
    it was a question.
    i was throwing it back in the face of all the mockers who ask me how much gold i have, and if my cave is prepared for the nuclear winter.

so my question, to throw it back in their face is,
    since you seem so sure that everything is fucking nicotine and gravy,
    are you putting your fucking money where your mouth is,
    and are you gonna double down and buy you some worthless Fannie and Freddie,

because surely if you have as much faith in this worthless fucking government as "you" say you do, then you will run right out and buy as much as you can, because in a years time they will be trading at $60+, right?

And that is one hell of a rate of return.

But of course, i don't see ANYone stepping up to say, "yeah, i'm man enough to poney up that bet".

:rolleyes:

nope. 1) i dont have any money to invest. 2) if i did, i wouldn't. i think the whole stock market is a fraud and a sham. it's fantasy football, only people lose real money. just another way for "elites" to fuck everyone else. congrats on being in the club though.
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    nope. 1) i dont have any money to invest. 2) if i did, i wouldn't. i think the whole stock market is a fraud and a sham. it's fantasy football, only people lose real money. just another way for "elites" to fuck everyone else. congrats on being in the club though.

so what should i do with my money then,
    leave it in the bank for "them" to make an even more obscene profit off of?

:cool:
  • Options
    so what should i do with my money then,
    leave it in the bank for "them" to make an even more obscene profit off of?

:cool:

buy gold and put it under your mattress?

playing the stock market only reinforces their power. it's been the single greatest driving force in the decline of america as a nation.
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    buy gold and put it under your mattress?

playing the stock market only reinforces their power. it's been the single greatest driving force in the decline of america as a nation.

i won't deny that.
    but sitting on a pile of gold aint helpin my balance sheet,
    and neither is leaving it in a bank account.

Excuse me for playing the game.
    Call me a hypocrite,
    but not an idiot.

And my financial contribution to the elite is nothing compared to what your ignorance of their ambitions is contributing.
  • Options
    i won't deny that.
    but sitting on a pile of gold aint helpin my balance sheet,
    and neither is leaving it in a bank account.

Excuse me for playing the game.
    Call me a hypocrite,
    but not an idiot.

And my financial contribution to the elite is nothing compared to what your ignorance of their ambitions is contributing.

tell me that when i figure out a way to bring the stock market down and topple the whole damn thing ;)

the only real difference between me and you is you think this is all very planned and coordinated and organized and there's a single guy or 10 or whatever all running the show together to screw the rest of us. i just thiink there's a bunch of rich fuckers as happy to screw each other as the rest of us and they're not coordinating or conspiring, just trying to make their fortune without caring a damn who gets run over in the process.
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    tell me that when i figure out a way to bring the stock market down and topple the whole damn thing ;)

the only real difference between me and you is you think this is all very planned and coordinated and organized and there's a single guy or 10 or whatever all running the show together to screw the rest of us. i just thiink there's a bunch of rich fuckers as happy to screw each other as the rest of us and they're not coordinating or conspiring, just trying to make their fortune without caring a damn who gets run over in the process.
    you read my mind.
  • Options
    Seriously.

Huh?

Hmm?

No way i'm touching that. I will be buying Lehman First thing tomorrow.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    and they're not coordinating or conspiring

so what is Bilderberg then?

Hmm?
    No way i'm touching that. I will be buying Lehman First thing tomorrow.

Really?
  • Options

the new batman villain? ;)
  • Options

Hmm?

Really?

Sure. They are valued nowhere near where they should be. I bet they will get swooped up entirely for a price above the current price of $8 This won't be another bear stearns fire sale.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    Sure. They are valued nowhere near where they should be. I bet they will get swooped up entirely for a price above the current price of $8 This won't be another bear stearns fire sale.

I don't know about that (not doubting you, just not sure) ... i do know that the current sad state of affairs with Lehman is entirely indicative of just how bad these cocksuckers have screwed the pooch.

Lehman is some of the oldest of the oldest money in this country.
    It goes WAY back.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    I was tempted to bottom-feed on some of the financial stocks today, but in the past few weeks, I've day-traded WAMU with some success, so I am probably due to crap out if I try again. It is very similar to flipping a coin these days.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I was tempted to bottom-feed on some of the financial stocks today, but in the past few weeks, I've day-traded WAMU with some success, so I am probably due to crap out if I try again. It is very similar to flipping a coin these days.

why do all my trader friends LOVE trading WAMU so much?
    I swear to god, i used to hear that name 20 times a day, when i was sitting in trading chat rooms for way too long 5 days a week.

ps - for what its worth, i wouldn't touch dick in the financial sector now, or anytime in the next 6 months.
    i think there are about 3 dozen other shoes to drop here in short order.
    like i've been saying, all this fucking cheerleading is ridiculous hype, and there are some VERY ugly numbers yet to come back in all sectors.
  • Options
    why do all my trader friends LOVE trading WAMU so much?
    I swear to god, i used to hear that name 20 times a day, when i was sitting in trading chat rooms for way too long 5 days a week.

ps - for what its worth, i wouldn't touch dick in the financial sector now, or anytime in the next 6 months.
    i think there are about 3 dozen other shoes to drop here in short order.
    like i've been saying, all this fucking cheerleading is ridiculous hype, and there are some VERY ugly numbers yet to come back in all sectors.

Cheerleading? I don't think there is any of that even going on. Its negative after negative. More writedowns, more layoffs, not enough capital yadi yadi yada.
    rate cut should be in order, quarter point followed by another one. Inflation fears have subsided, now we just need to get people spending again and kickstart growth.
    BORGATA>VIC