Options

This weeks Darwin Award winner

2»

Comments

• Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    I think this one wins - classic Aussie fuckwit

THE Perth man who risked his life diving into shark-infested waters to climb on to a rotting whale carcass says he won’t do anything like it again and even his parents think he’s an idiot.

Harrison Williams, of Quinns Rock, north of Perth, said: “I was out on the boat with the boys and one of my mates said it would be pretty funny to surf the whale so I did it.”

The 26-year-old said he saw the sharks, including a massive great white, but they did not deter him from getting into the water.

“They were too busy chomping on the whale so it wasn’t too bad,” he said.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited January 2015
    Miss unsung as well. Sent him pm while back with no response. Hope he comes back. Need all views on the train.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Gillycw wrote: »
    I think this one wins - classic Aussie fuckwit

THE Perth man who risked his life diving into shark-infested waters to climb on to a rotting whale carcass says he won’t do anything like it again and even his parents think he’s an idiot.

Harrison Williams, of Quinns Rock, north of Perth, said: “I was out on the boat with the boys and one of my mates said it would be pretty funny to surf the whale so I did it.”

The 26-year-old said he saw the sharks, including a massive great white, but they did not deter him from getting into the water.

“They were too busy chomping on the whale so it wasn’t too bad,” he said.

He doesn't actually qualify as he's still alive; but for him, I'd say just give it time.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The fitness instructor that got ran over by the train because he slipped ... he didn't slip. He was actually trying to run faster then the train for an energy drink commercial.

The train won the race.

Brawndo ... Its got electrolytes.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jason P wrote: »
    The fitness instructor that got ran over by the train because he slipped ... he didn't slip. He was actually trying to run faster then the train for an energy drink commercial.

The train won the race.

good god.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Jason P wrote: »

The train won the race.

Some take things way to seriously and try to hard. Success. Relative.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    edited February 2020
    I think this story is worth re-kindling this thread ...

'Mad Mike' Hughes, daredevil who built a homemade steam rocket, dies in launch attempt

Daredevil "Mad Mike" Hughes died Saturday (Feb. 22) during his latest attempt to launch into the sky on a homemade rocket powered by steam. 

Hughes, 64, was attempting to launch 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) into the air from a location near Barstow, California, in a rocket he built with partner Waldo Stakes. The Science Channel, which was filming the launch attempt as part of the future documentary series "Homemade Astronauts," confirmed Hughes' death to Space.com. 

https://www.space.com/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-homemade-rocket-launch.html

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jason P said:
    I think this story is worth re-kindling this thread ...

'Mad Mike' Hughes, daredevil who built a homemade steam rocket, dies in launch attempt

Daredevil "Mad Mike" Hughes died Saturday (Feb. 22) during his latest attempt to launch into the sky on a homemade rocket powered by steam. 

Hughes, 64, was attempting to launch 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) into the air from a location near Barstow, California, in a rocket he built with partner Waldo Stakes. The Science Channel, which was filming the launch attempt as part of the future documentary series "Homemade Astronauts," confirmed Hughes' death to Space.com. 

https://www.space.com/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-in-homemade-rocket-launch.html

Flattened himself trying to prove the Earth isn’t round...call me impressed!