This weeks Darwin Award winner

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
edited August 2008 in A Moving Train
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,408683,00.html

Bangladesh police say a crocodile killed and ate a 25-year-old after he waded into a pond next to a shrine in an attempt to receive the animal’s blessing, news.com.au reported Friday.

Inspector Humayun Kabir said Rubel Sheikh and his mother traveled to the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine, where hundreds of people visit every day to offer hens and goats to the crocodiles living there.

Part of the shrine ritual involves bathing in the water with the crocodiles, but devotees are very rarely approached by the animals, according to Kabir.

"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond,'' Kabir told the Australian Associated Press.

"This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people.''

About 25 people dove into the pond to try and rescue Sheikh, but could not find his body. It washed ashore Thursday and had been largely eaten, Kabir said.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Blessed by a crocodile? I guess he got that and more! If I were in his family I'd switch religions and look for blessings from things with fewer teeth.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • spyguyspyguy Posts: 613
    unsung wrote:
    "This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people.''

:eek:
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    why do people still get their news from fox?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    _outlaw wrote:

I find it more odd that people still follow religions. Especially wacky ones that bite.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Friendly crocodiles; eh?

Who are all these people who think these wild animals accept them... Eventually they all get killed by one of those "friendly" killers...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • guess he displeased the croc gods.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Collin wrote:
    Friendly crocodiles; eh?

Who are all these people who think these wild animals accept them... Eventually they all get killed by one of those "friendly" killers...

No shit? Hell, I spend time around wild animals but I never once thought they wanted me there and I'm certainly not looking for a croc to give me his blessing. Some people just plain deserve to be eaten. Hopefully, they didn't do the standard response and kill the croc.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    never smile at a crocodile
    no you cant get friendly with a crocodile

ours crocs love tourists. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • never smile at a crocodile
    no you cant get friendly with a crocodile

ours crocs love tourists. :D
    I was just about to post that song. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I was just about to post that song. :p

you snooze you lose my friend. :p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Collin wrote:
    Friendly crocodiles; eh?

Exactly

Steve Irwin and the "friendly" Stingray :o
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills 22 of His Students

Twenty-two Iraqi militants were killed and 15 more injured, on Monday during a suicide bombing training session when an instructor accidentally set off an explosion during a demonstration. The commanders was reportedly training them on the use of explosive belts and car bombs, when of the devices went off

According to the New York Times, the would-be terrorists were part of a group called the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS. The group professes to be battling Iraq's Shi'ite-led army, and has been linked to bombing attacks throughout the country

thewire.com/global/2014/02/suicide-bomb-instructor-accidentally-kills-22-his-own-students/357914/
  • Jason P said:

Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills 22 of His Students

Twenty-two Iraqi militants were killed and 15 more injured, on Monday during a suicide bombing training session when an instructor accidentally set off an explosion during a demonstration. The commanders was reportedly training them on the use of explosive belts and car bombs, when of the devices went off

According to the New York Times, the would-be terrorists were part of a group called the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS. The group professes to be battling Iraq's Shi'ite-led army, and has been linked to bombing attacks throughout the country

thewire.com/global/2014/02/suicide-bomb-instructor-accidentally-kills-22-his-own-students/357914/

So... there is a God after all?

Holy shit!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    D'oh!

I initially thought this was something from The Onion.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Natural selection at it's finest.
  • PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    fuck said:

People watch FN, in fact however, they rarely get news.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Reality show snake-handling preacher dies -- of snakebite

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/16/us/snake-salvation-pastor-bite/index.html
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Cosmo said:

So technically he was bit by the hand that fed him?

Wind this thing up.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Cosmo said:

So for the "believers", does this mean it was god calling one old his own home?

• That religion is a croc of shit.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    l would like to nomonate onama for this award and maybe even a life time Darwin Award winner.....for the poor and awfull planning of obamacare (just to name one) :(|)

Godfather.
  • jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    edited February 2014
    My nomination goes to Arizona legislators trying to pass a pro-discrimination bill. I wish immediate financial loss on business owners who support it.
    Post edited by jmuscatello on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    A fitness model was run over by a train while filming a video ... from what I understand he was waiting to leap off the tracks at the last second to show how awesome he is ... but ended up tripping at the last second and got run over by a goddamn train.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/police-fitness-model-killed-train-running-tracks-233801083.html
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    God damn jay, that's fucken nuts bro
    It's been all over the news here the last couple of days.

Seemed like a really good, decent guy - but why not go through the channels to get a permit for filming, safety factors, etc? It's been reported he was trying to outrun a train (really?), and had he had a harness in place, he'd likely be alive and unhurt.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Godfather. wrote: »
    l would like to nomonate onama for this award and maybe even a life time Darwin Award winner.....for the poor and awfull planning of obamacare (just to name one) :(|) <br />
    <br />
    Godfather.

darwin awards are meant for those who cause themselves physical harm by performing stupid stunts/idiotic actions. not for politicians you don't like.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Godfather. Obama cares freakin great for those that don't have rosy work coverage. It's a success. And if you ever need coverage don't shoot yourself in foot or let your pride get in the way.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Where is Unsung?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Where is Unsung?
    Yeah!

Dude's good in my book.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    A couple of question to ponder:

If we apply the Darwin award to the whole human race does that mean we're all going to die, does it mean the most brutal will survive, does it mean the smartest will survive or does it mean the most cooperative will survive?

And if you are the world's first sentient cockroach and are reading all of this are you laughing your ass off?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.