Options

Joe Biden: "Something significant is going to happen...."

2»

Comments

• Options
    prytoj wrote:
    To have any hope of overhauling the Fed, you have to have the strongest constitutionalist,

your man?.....

McCain.

I'm really not convinced McCain is going to go there. I would have preferred Ron Paul, but everyone and their shiny PJ CD collections (with few exceptions) continuously called me out as crazy and kept complaining about all my threads on him to no end.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    VAGUENESS!!

It doesn't.

Vagueness? looked around lately at what's going on in the world?

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Vagueness? looked around lately at what's going on in the world?

I wasn't directing that towards what is going on in the world.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    prytojprytoj Posts: 536
    I'm really not convinced McCain is going to go there. I would have preferred Ron Paul, but everyone and their shiny PJ CD collections (with few exceptions) continuously called me out as crazy and kept complaining about all my threads on him to no end.

Yeah, if you want to know for FNA sure change is coming, Paul's your guy.

Maybe in '12
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

If I directed my PJ CD army towards you, you wouldn't stand a chance.

But seriously, you know there are a lot more liberal & Democrat PJ fans than there are Republicans...what do you expect on this board? That was an odd cheap shot.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    If I directed my PJ CD army towards you, you wouldn't stand a chance.

But seriously, you know there are a lot more liberal & Democrat PJ fans than there are Republicans...what do you expect on this board? That was an odd cheap shot.

Not a cheap shot just what happened. Music is no excuse for lack of logical thinking in this regard..

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    .....in the next 6 months and that its going to appear we are on the wrong side?"

WTF is he talking about? talk about scare tactics that the Right is accussed of using...he needs to expalin himself...anyone got a clue?

NOTE: both McCain and Obama have been briefed in the White House recently on "dangers" that could be looming if/when they become elected

they were briefed for domestic issues that may occur 6 months from now.
  • Options
    prytojprytoj Posts: 536
    jimlives wrote:
    they were briefed for domestic issues that may occur 6 months from now.

"mark my words....it will not be SIX MONTHS"

"Remember, I said it standing here, if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re going to have an international crisis, a GENERATED crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

there's no way a guy like Biden would relay information like that from a briefing with the president.

The implication is clear. The agressors of the world see Obama as weak. They will try to take advantage.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    prytoj wrote:

"Remember, I said it standing here, if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re going to have an international crisis, a GENERATED crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

there's no way a guy like Biden would relay information like that from a briefing with the president.

The implication is clear. The agressors of the world see Obama as weak. They will try to take advantage.

Is this why you consider him unacceptable?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    know1 wrote:
    Is Joe Biden still alive?

Yea alive and kicking... kicking McCain/Palin's ass that is. I'm not sure if McCain is alive though. I saw him on TV during the debates the other night and I wasn't sure if he was alive or not. Check it out:

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mccainlj7.jpg
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    so now that we know what Biden was referring to how come they dont get blasted for fear tactics like the right does all the time?

double standard?
  • Options
    prytoj wrote:

Sounds like you're implication is based on fear and not fact.
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    "The problems will always be there and there's going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now. So I think what the President has to start to do is to start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and convince the world that America is solid, that America is going to move forward, we are going to fix our economic problems, we're going to meet out overseas obligations."

Colin Powell thinks somethings going to happen also.
  • Options
    Im not going to worry about this.

That's why they made that color chart..... So we'll know when we need to be scared:D
    the Minions
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    so now that we know what Biden was referring to how come they dont get blasted for fear tactics like the right does all the time?

double standard?

Even if Biden WAS warning of some kind of attack, which there's no evidence he was, it's no comparison to the right showing pictures from 9/11 at the Republican national convention, implying that's what could happen if we don't elect a Republican. It's no comparison to people calling Obama a terrorist, implying we are going to have a terrorist in the White House if he gets elected. It's no comparison to McCain surrogates praying to God at McCain rallies that Obama not be elected, implying that God is and should be on McCain's side.

Again, nowhere in Biden's speech did he mention anything like that. His strongest word was "crisis" and "test". It's an ASSUMPTION that it could be about an attack. Probably because the right does such a good job of scaring people, every time someone says "crisis" people start saying there's an imminent attack.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:

double standard?

People that fail to scrutinize politicians and blindly exude partisanship towards them are rather foolish. I've seen a lot of it lately.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    Even if Biden WAS warning of some kind of attack, which there's no evidence he was, it's no comparison to the right showing pictures from 9/11 at the Republican national convention, implying that's what could happen if we don't elect a Republican. It's no comparison to people calling Obama a terrorist, implying we are going to have a terrorist in the White House if he gets elected. It's no comparison to McCain surrogates praying to God at McCain rallies that Obama not be elected, implying that God is and should be on McCain's side.

Again, nowhere in Biden's speech did he mention anything like that. His strongest word was "crisis" and "test". It's an ASSUMPTION that it could be about an attack. Probably because the right does such a good job of scaring people, every time someone says "crisis" people start saying there's an imminent attack.

Complete financial meltdown with some northcom local intervention, or a terrorist attack. The term "crisis" and being "tested" in today's climate could mean little else.

In a nutshell he's setting people up for some bad times ahead either way.

Nothing like spreading a little fear on the road ahead.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Complete financial meltdown with some northcom local intervention, or a terrorist attack. The term "crisis" and being "tested" in today's climate could mean little else.

In a nutshell he's setting people up for some bad times ahead either way.

Nothing like spreading a little fear on the road ahead.

Well, I really don't see how it's spreading fear, I just don't. To say he could be tested, that there could be a crisis, that's vague. Not specific. People are so on edge about everything these days. The minute someone says "crisis" they think terrorism or somehow people dying. Biden was saying crisis could happen, which is totally true. We're already having a "financial meltdown". Crisis could mean a lot of different things. A hurricane could hit and kill 3 times as many people as Katrina. An earthquake could kill tens of thousands at any time. Who knows? It's not all about terrorsim and money though.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    We have a standing army as of a few weeks ago. A job ad on my local county commerce site was looking for p/t "citizen soldiers" and "military policemen", both positions required no experience.

Now tell me what's up. All signs lead to martial law taking place.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Jeanwah wrote:
    We have a standing army as of a few weeks ago. A job ad on my local county commerce site was looking for p/t "citizen soldiers" and "military policemen", both positions required no experience.

Now tell me what's up. All signs lead to martial law taking place.
    this could be a preemptive...a response by the gov't to the actions of the population as a result of the elections.

If obama wins, the rednecks go crazy. If mcnads wins, the left could riot. they may be planning for such a reaction.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Commy wrote:
    this could be a preemptive...a response by the gov't to the actions of the population as a result of the elections.

If obama wins, the rednecks go crazy. If mcnads wins, the left could riot. they may be planning for such a reaction.

from sources of mine in the military (friends) its if Obama loses that they would be deployed more so than if Obama wins

they dont want what happened in New Orleans during Katrina to happen all over, a reason to riot using race as a reason why Obama losing the election (which he wont, unfortunately)