Options

How bad will it get?

Comments

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    F that, i'm saving my money and learning french....the second shit starts going downhill i'm moving to europe. i love my country but i'm sure as hell ain't gonna sit around and wait for bedlam and starvation either

What makes you think Europe will be any better off?
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Nope. It will not happen. The economy will come back in a few months, it just takes some healing first.

I think we'll be looking at 35-40% unemployment levels when the collapse finally runs its course.

This economic downturn is so fundamentally different from any before it that it really makes it hard to say that things will just work themselves after a few months.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

The more you worry, the worse it will be.

The less you worry, the brighter your future will be.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Fear is the path to the dark side...
  • Options
    Man Who Predicted 1987 Stock Market Crash Predicts Food Riots, Tax Rebellion, and Revolution in America by 2012

Video

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

“We’re going to see the end of the retail Christmas….we’re going to see a fundamental shift take place….putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree,” said Celente, adding that the situation would be “worse than the great depression”.

“America’s going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for,” said Celente, noting that people’s refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

Celente, who successfully predicted the 1997 Asian Currency Crisis, the subprime mortgage collapse and the massive devaluation of the U.S. dollar, told UPI in November last year that the following year would be known as “The Panic of 2008,” adding that “giants (would) tumble to their deaths,” which is exactly what we have witnessed with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, Bear Stearns and others. He also said that the dollar would eventually be devalued by as much as 90 per cent.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

The prospect of revolution was a concept echoed by a British Ministry of Defence report last year, which predicted that within 30 years, the growing gap between the super rich and the middle class, along with an urban underclass threatening social order would mean, “The world’s middle classes might unite, using access to knowledge, resources and skills to shape transnational processes in their own class interest,” and that, “The middle classes could become a revolutionary class.”

In a separate recent interview, Celente went further on the subject of revolution in America.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

“The first thing to do is organize with tax revolts. That’s going to be the big one because people can’t afford to pay more school tax, property tax, any kind of tax. You’re going to start seeing those kinds of protests start to develop.”

“It’s going to be very bleak. Very sad. And there is going to be a lot of homeless, the likes of which we have never seen before. Tent cities are already sprouting up around the country and we’re going to see many more.”

“We’re going to start seeing huge areas of vacant real estate and squatters living in them as well. It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to. It’s going to come as a shock and with it, there’s going to be a lot of crime. And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs – over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension.”

The George Washington blog has compiled a list of quotes attesting to Celente’s accuracy as a trend forecaster.

“When CNN wants to know about the Top Trends, we ask Gerald Celente.”
    — CNN Headline News

“A network of 25 experts whose range of specialties would rival many university faculties.”
    — The Economist

“Gerald Celente has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right.”
    — USA Today

“There’s not a better trend forecaster than Gerald Celente. The man knows what he’s talking about.”
    - CNBC

“Those who take their predictions seriously … consider the Trends Research Institute.”
    — The Wall Street Journal

“Gerald Celente is always ahead of the curve on trends and uncannily on the mark … he’s one of the most accurate forecasters around.”
    — The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“Mr. Celente tracks the world’s social, economic and business trends for corporate clients.”
    — The New York Times

“Mr. Celente is a very intelligent guy. We are able to learn about trends from an authority.”
    — 48 Hours, CBS News

“Gerald Celente has a solid track record. He has predicted everything from the 1987 stock market crash and the demise of the Soviet Union to green marketing and corporate downsizing.”
    — The Detroit News

“Gerald Celente forecast the 1987 stock market crash, ‘green marketing,’ and the boom in gourmet coffees.”
    — Chicago Tribune

“The Trends Research Institute is the Standard and Poors of Popular Culture.”
    — The Los Angeles Times

“If Nostradamus were alive today, he’d have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente.”
    — New York Post

So there you have it - hardly a nutjob conspiracy theorist blowhard now is he? The price of not heeding his warnings will be far greater than the cost of preparing for the future now. Storable food and gold are two good places to make a start.

Gerald Celente is being interviewed today by Mr. Alex Jones.
    you can listen to it live and in repeat at infowars.com ... and you can find it for torrent download off the forum page here after the episode finishes live broadcast (later tonight for this one) ...

so there you go.

enjoy the "fearmongering".
    ;)

ALEX IS GETTING CELENTE ON RIGHT NOW -- 5PM EASTERN -- YOU CAN LISTEN RIGHT NOW LIVE.
    HOUR LONG INTERVIEW!
    He isn't on yet.
    AJ just said, "go ahead and get Celente on the phone."
    Just fyi.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    WOW.
    This Celente guy (look up one post) is ON THE FUCKING MONEY!

He is talking the same shit everyone else "crazy" is talking, and he is doing it with style.

He is talking gold to $2000, "after the manipulations we're seeing now" ... and goes on to talk about massive market manipulations keeping prices where they are ...

and says that after that, and in februrary after a shitty christmas, we will start to REALLY understand the severity of this crisis.

"Bank holidays", and inability to withdraw your money in full. A NEW GOLD CONFISCATION!
    WTF.

He says this is to be worse than the great depression.

He also has alluded to their being some possibilities for avoiding such a fate, but i have yet to hear him expound on the notion.

Hmm.

Oh. And he is DEAD SERIOUS about REVOLT and REVOLUTION.
    He is saying tax and food revolts and riots. Mass revolution in the streets.
    New third party AGAINST THE CENTRAL BANKERS.
    He said that SPECIFICALY.

THIS GUY IS AWESOME.

PS. He says "he has been following" Alex "for years." and that "I admire your courage in a time when so many are afraid to do anything but toe the party line."
  • Options
    That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and
    snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
    Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world
    serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs. Feed
    it off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength, the Ladder
    start to clatter with fear fight down height. Wire
    in a fire, representing seven games, and a government
    for hire at a combat site. Left of west and coming in
    a hurry with the furys breathing down your neck. Team
    by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.
    Look at that low playing. Fine, then. Uh oh,
    overflow, population, common food, but it'll do to Save
    yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs,
    listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and
    the revered and the right, right. You vitriolic,
    patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty
    psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign
    towers. Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself
    churn. Lock it in, uniforming, book burning, blood
    letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
    Light a candle, light a motive. Step down, step down.
    Watch your heel crush, crushed, uh-oh, this means no
    fear cavalier. Renegade steer clear! A tournament,
    tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions,
    offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental
    drift divide. Mountains sit in a line, Leonard
    Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester
    Bangs. Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You
    symbiotic, patriotic, slam bug net, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel
    fine...fine...
  • Options
    offigooffigo Posts: 81
    "He also has alluded to their being some possibilities for avoiding such a fate, but i have yet to hear him expound on the notion.

Hmm."

It would be nice to know that part. Everytime I turn around people are having gold parties, where you bring your gold to sell. I thought it kinda strange.
    "Really don't mind if you sit this one out.

My words but a whisper -- your deafness a SHOUT.
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think."
  • Options
    i have posted this a few times. i have the solution to this problem. all our the governments of the world have to do is listen to Flannel Shirt. i am not shitting you.

goverment backed debt CONSOLIDATION loans/programs/whatever you want to call them. EVERYONE QUALIFIES.

the banks get paid (they are anyway, so it had might as well benefit the people), people will be out of unaffordable debt (longer repayment terms equals afforadable payments), credit scores will rise again, banks will start lending again because people can afford it now and they will have the cash, and the governments will get their money back in interest.

its as simple as that. it really is. sure, its a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR "bailout", but its a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR bailout that solves the peoples problems and the banks problems.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    F that, i'm saving my money and learning french....the second shit starts going downhill i'm moving to europe. i love my country but i'm sure as hell ain't gonna sit around and wait for bedlam and starvation either
    WE WE , Chiqui! I agree with you sister! However, after researching moving to Canada when shit hits the fan, you have to prove that you were unable to get a job in your own country before they will hire you. Its a huge ordeal. Good to see there are some folks out there not acting like herded cattle following the masses, who can actually see this coming and plan ahead. Im tired of people asking me what I'm smokin, is there another conspiracy theory developing in my head..HELL NO! I'm smoking the good green until I can no longer afford it in this economy. Wake up people, America is about to get their CHANGE!!! But wait...I have another idea,,why doesn't the Gov't give ea American a million dollars?!?!?! That way the economy is stimulated, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than any bailout!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    WE WE , Chiqui! I agree with you sister! However, after researching moving to Canada when shit hits the fan, you have to prove that you were unable to get a job in your own country before they will hire you. Its a huge ordeal. Good to see there are some folks out there not acting like herded cattle following the masses, who can actually see this coming and plan ahead. Im tired of people asking me what I'm smokin, is there another conspiracy theory developing in my head..HELL NO! I'm smoking the good green until I can no longer afford it in this economy. Wake up people, America is about to get their CHANGE!!! But wait...I have another idea,,why doesn't the Gov't give ea American a million dollars?!?!?! That way the economy is stimulated, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than any bailout!

Because a million dollars to each us citzen is about 300 Trillion dollars.

Doom and gloom isn't the way to go- I'll be tossing more back into the market very soon.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    And Little Green Men Are Going To Impregnate Our Women...
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    Because a million dollars to each us citzen is about 300 Trillion dollars.

Doom and gloom isn't the way to go- I'll be tossing more back into the market very soon.
    if the govt gave every american a million dollars, a base model Hyunai Accent would cost $75,000, every home would cost more than million, a 27" flat screen TV would cost $40,000. a loaf of bread would be 40 bucks, a pack of gum would be 20 dollars, etc...

my plan is different.
  • Options
    if the govt gave every american a million dollars, a base model Hyunai Accent would cost $75,000, every home would cost more than million, a 27" flat screen TV would cost $40,000. a loaf of bread would be 40 bucks, a pack of gum would be 20 dollars, etc...

my plan is different.
    You are absolutely right! Do tell your plan! I need some intelligent guidance for my future.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 825
    Yahamita...I second smoking the good green. In fact, I firmly believe that is the solution to a lot of society's problems, and no, this is not some 'stoner' talking...I haven't smoked in months unfortunately.

If we decriminlize cannabis, allow people to grow their own supply and smoke it freely in their homes, and start harvesting hemp, the world will be on the road to recovery...

a) It will free up the judicial system a bit so police can concentrate more on protecting us from the thieves, violent criminals, and those selling dangerous street drugs to those under 18 (the new legal smoking and drinking age). Besides the immediate financial benefits, the world will also be a much safer place.

b) We can self medicate more, instead of relying on Dr. Joe and his pill popping prescriptions (some of which are placebos anyways). Of course, alcohol/Rx/hard drug related fatalities will decrease exponentially.

c) Most importantly, since the 'drug' stigma will be lifted, lawmakers will finally be able to convince themselves that hemp can be grown to fuel the Earth (it would take 6% of the US's land mass to grow enough for us to get off foreign oil). Along with providing fuel, we could replace the very damaging cotton crops with hemp to help make our clothes and our paper products...which will also save millions of trees. Last note...the seeds and oil derived from then can contribute to a healthy diet for our livestock and for ourselves!

a + b + c = Nirvana on Earth :)

*** And I didn't even plan for this to be the topic of my 420th post! *** :)
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Yahamita...I second smoking the good green. In fact, I firmly believe that is the solution to a lot of society's problems, and no, this is not some 'stoner' talking...I haven't smoked in months unfortunately.

If we decriminlize cannabis, allow people to grow their own supply and smoke it freely in their homes, and start harvesting hemp, the world will be on the road to recovery...

a) It will free up the judicial system a bit so police can concentrate more on protecting us from the thieves, violent criminals, and those selling dangerous street drugs to those under 18 (the new legal smoking and drinking age). Besides the immediate financial benefits, the world will also be a much safer place.

b) We can self medicate more, instead of relying on Dr. Joe and his pill popping prescriptions (some of which are placebos anyways). Of course, alcohol/Rx/hard drug related fatalities will decrease exponentially.

c) Most importantly, since the 'drug' stigma will be lifted, lawmakers will finally be able to convince themselves that hemp can be grown to fuel the Earth (it would take 6% of the US's land mass to grow enough for us to get off foreign oil). Along with providing fuel, we could replace the very damaging cotton crops with hemp to help make our clothes and our paper products...which will also save millions of trees. Last note...the seeds and oil derived from then can contribute to a healthy diet for our livestock and for ourselves!

nice 420th post :)

edit: holy.....didn't see the last line of your post when I replied. I swear I thought I noticed without help. ya ya, I know....smoke another :rolleyes: :o
  • Options

Aaaahhhhh...the enlightened one! Thanks for sharing your intelligent thoughts! Happy 420!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    You are absolutely right! Do tell your plan! I need some intelligent guidance for my future.
    I am no economist, and I dont pretend to be intelligent, but I think this will work.

goverment backed debt CONSOLIDATION loans/programs/whatever you want to call them. EVERYONE QUALIFIES. Bailout the people. in doing so, you bailout the banks as well.

i am asked when I bring this up "what happens to the people who already went bankrupt"....answer... those who recently filed for bankruptcy could have it reversed.

friends ask me what happens when people dont pay these loans. answer, garnish their wages. its the fucking government and I am pretty confident they will get their money. besides, this would be a second chance for millions, so if a few hundo thousand fuck it up and get into this predicament again, shame on them and they suffer the consequences. i would also favor a policy or stipulation to the loan that you cannot exceed a certain debt to income ratio thought up by someone much smarter than i during the loan.
  • Options
    I am no economist, and I dont pretend to be intelligent, but I think this will work.

goverment backed debt CONSOLIDATION loans/programs/whatever you want to call them. EVERYONE QUALIFIES. Bailout the people. in doing so, you bailout the banks as well.

i am asked when I bring this up "what happens to the people who already went bankrupt"....answer... those who recently filed for bankruptcy could have it reversed.

friends ask me what happens when people dont pay these loans. answer, garnish their wages. its the fucking government and I am pretty confident they will get their money. besides, this would be a second chance for millions, so if a few hundo thousand fuck it up and get into this predicament again, shame on them and they suffer the consequences. i would also favor a policy or stipulation to the loan that you cannot exceed a certain debt to income ratio thought up by someone much smarter than i during the loan.
    The sad part is, the gov't would never go for this. They need things to fail so they can add new laws and set the stage for marshall law. Brilliant idea by the way!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I'm locked and loaded! Human spirit my ass!!

Bring it on mother fuckers!

;)
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    The sad part is, the gov't would never go for this. They need things to fail so they can add new laws and set the stage for marshall law. Brilliant idea by the way!

Marshall law? Does that require peope to go shopping at bargain department stores? I think you might be referring to martial law.
  • Options

much smarter than i during the loan.

I think that's a great idea. However, my problem is with how a lot of these people who bought houses beyond their means ended up renting them out and charging skyrocketing rental rates to pay the mortgages.

Over the last several years, renters got squeezed by all the greediness.

In other words, these people who bought these homes are a bunch of sick greedy fucks who deserve to lose those homes, get thrown out on the street, and suffer from malnutrition for at least several months.

Then they'll know why it's wrong to disregard morals and common sense for the sake of being able to tell people that they own a home.

If the government institutes some kind of rent control so that greedy homeowners can't take advantage of people, then I'm all for bailing them out.

Meanwhile, I'd rather see them all thrown out on the street so that the market deflates back to where it used to be. In fact, that is happening as we speak.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    I think that's a great idea. However, my problem is with how a lot of these people who bought houses beyond their means ended up renting them out and charging skyrocketing rental rates to pay the mortgages.

Over the last several years, renters got squeezed by all the greediness.

In other words, these people who bought these homes are a bunch of sick greedy fucks who deserve to lose those homes, get thrown out on the street, and suffer from malnutrition for at least several months.

Then they'll know why it's wrong to disregard morals and common sense for the sake of being able to tell people that they own a home.

If the government institutes some kind of rent control so that greedy homeowners can't take advantage of people, then I'm all for bailing them out.

Meanwhile, I'd rather see them all thrown out on the street so that the market deflates back to where it used to be. In fact, that is happening as we speak.

That's a pretty rigid position to take...I don't think it's fair to begrudge people for investing in real estate. It is as legit an investment as anything else.

The banks caused a run on real estate by making it easier to get a mortgage...most of the 'greedy fucks' you are talking about were normal middle class people with some money to invest, looking for a good return. They saw the real estate reports, watched Flip This House too many times, and didn't have the foresight to see that many markets were overheated and unsustainable...
    sure most forms of investment are gambles and you need to be aware of the risk...but in this case, the dealers are changing the rules as they go...since they had the keys to the vault, they are just as responsible as the uninformed....wishing malnutrition and homelessness on people for getting caught up in a trend is a bit much.
    Do you speak of the dot com losers with such venom?
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Marshall law? Does that require peope to go shopping at bargain department stores? I think you might be referring to martial law.

no no ...it's real http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Law

in fact I like this version muuuch better :D
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    That's a pretty rigid position to take...I don't think it's fair to begrudge people for investing in real estate. It is as legit an investment as anything else.

The banks caused a run on real estate by making it easier to get a mortgage...most of the 'greedy fucks' you are talking about were normal middle class people with some money to invest, looking for a good return. They saw the real estate reports, watched Flip This House too many times, and didn't have the foresight to see that many markets were overheated and unsustainable...
    sure most forms of investment are gambles and you need to be aware of the risk...but in this case, the dealers are changing the rules as they go...since they had the keys to the vault, they are just as responsible as the uninformed....wishing malnutrition and homelessness on people for getting caught up in a trend is a bit much.
    Do you speak of the dot com losers with such venom?

Of course you conveniently leave out the part where many of these 'normal middle class people' purposely ran up rents, leaving millions of families to feed their children with less money because shows like "flip this house" are so persuasive.

Is it any coincidence that you left that part of the story out of your giant euphemism? I don't think it is a coincidence. You know just as well I that such actions are inexcusable greed, and warrant no comparison to the dot com investors.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Of course you conveniently leave out the part where many of these 'normal middle class people' purposely ran up rents, leaving millions of families to feed their children with less money because shows like "flip this house" are so persuasive.

Is it any coincidence that you left that part of the story out of your giant euphemism? I don't think it is a coincidence. You know just as well I that such actions are inexcusable greed, and warrant no comparison to the dot com investors.

With all due respect,
    i don't think someone trying to flip a house is "purposely" running up rents!
    They are TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT,
    SAME AS ANYONE ELSE IN THIS DAMN WORLD.

The only implicit blame i see here is with banks that set up this system for their own benefit and bail out. They knew EXACTLY what could happen, and they didn't give a fuck if it did, because they knew they designed the system SPECIFICALY to BAIL THEM OUT.

It was THEIR system which provided excess liquidity to begin with ... it was THEIR men (the Federal Reserve) which implemented the rates which begot massive inflation and malinvestment in real estate, and further, it was THEIR OWN GODDAMN UNDERWRITING DEPARTMENTS that lent out all the money to "bad loans".

I don't give two shits what dumb fuck flipped a house, or bought more than they could afford. THEY didn't rig the system with dynamite, they didn't even help design the system. In fact, HAD THE PEOPLE KNOWN WHO PROPOSED THE FEDERAL RESERVE in the first place, THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE APPROVED IT.

They were violently opposed to "the money trust". They hated The Rockefeller family with a vengeance. Seriously, go read history, they were the most hated family in America. People of THEIR ILK are what caused this mess.
    And THEY are the ones trying to maintain and STRENGTHEN their control in this -- as many are rightly saying -- HIGHLY PREDICTABLE event.

Of COURSE they knew it was coming.
    It was THEIR system which caused it.
    Why do you think gold went to $800\oz LAST year?
    Because they have been "prepared" for this since at least that time!
    :cool:
  • Options
    sponger wrote:

well, I'm basing this on my local market, and my experience in it. I can tell you that if these people were as average as myself, it they were buying in that inflated market, chances are those gouging rental rates were only enough to cover the mortgage.
    Now, if we're talking slumlords, owners of massive apartment blocks....you might have a case here...but the people that bought a house in hopes of having someone else pay the mortgage while the asset grew yearly are not the only guilty party, and don't deserve to suffer anymore than the people that lent them the money....whom you conveniently left out of your giant euphemism
  • Options
    well, I'm basing this on my local market, and my experience in it. I can tell you that if these people were as average as myself, it they were buying in that inflated market, chances are those gouging rental rates were only enough to cover the mortgage.
    Now, if we're talking slumlords, owners of massive apartment blocks....you might have a case here...but the people that bought a house in hopes of having someone else pay the mortgage while the asset grew yearly are not the only guilty party, and don't deserve to suffer anymore than the people that lent them the money....whom you conveniently left out of your giant euphemism

I didn't say banks were any less responsible. But, people who knowingly over-extended themselves with the intention of offsetting those costs by squeezing others are shitbags of the worst kind. If you cannot see that, then it's apparent as to why.
  • Options
    With all due respect,
    i don't think someone trying to flip a house is "purposely" running up rents!
    They are TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT,
    SAME AS ANYONE ELSE IN THIS DAMN WORLD.

All I can tell you is that I personally knew someone other than myself who could've participated in the fuck-fest of buying and selling with renters being fucked in the ass, and who refrained from doing so because she saw the whole state of things as "obscene" in her words.

With myself included, that's two people in this world who understood the act of purchasing a house as one that should never be centered around the concept of profit margins at the expense of others.

The only reasons people should be buying houses is for the tax deduction, the freedom of home ownership, and the eventuality of not making a monthly payment to put a roof over one's head.

Houses are not like cars where you can just dump it and go get another, or ride a bike or take the bus instead. They are places where people live, and as our population increases, those places are becoming far and fewer in between.

When we start making the market of places where people live into a profit scheme, we all become sick, disgusting, worthless sacks of shit who are essentially doing whatever we can to decrease the standard of living for those around us so we can profit.

And that's also why I think Home Owner's Associations should be illegal. They compromise the second reason in my list of reasons for home ownership, which is the freedom of home ownership.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    great quote :)
    He always seemed (edited tense :( ) to try to portray his interpretation of what's to come in a positive light.

here comes the heavy....real change...yes we can
    ;)

I better get my ass aligned.

wow, what deja vu, eh kyle?

lol
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way