Options

Over 33% of Adults still think Saddam personally involved in 9/11

2»

Comments

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    g under p wrote:
    Yes we have a ton of issues and problems here in this country but the problem is this administration can't profit from those problems. Our administration doesn't care about whether the average citizen can get ahead or has health insurance, etc. A whole region down in the Gulf is ignored and relegated to obscurity are they being helped really.

They're putting back in the SAME levy system which is just waiting to be destroyed again. Why not instead show the world how WE take of our own by building creating something state of the art system like they've done in Scandinavian countries to keep back the North Sea. Why can't we do that cause they don't care and the money isn't there, it's flying over Baghdad on billion $$$ cash pallets only to disappear. Their corruption is sickening.

I've said as long as there's oil left in Iraq or Iran we will NEVER EVER leave Iraq. In Saudi Arabia we don't have to worry about we already have them in our back pockets.

Peace and let the voices be heard this Saturday. StayHuman
    amazing how you make all this up as you go along. yea, stay human buddy
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    jlew24asu wrote:
    amazing how you make all this up as you go along. yea, stay human buddy

Don't anything about being buddies however I will stay human.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    g under p wrote:
    Yes we have a ton of issues and problems here in this country but the problem is this administration can't profit from those problems. Our administration doesn't care about whether the average citizen can get ahead or has health insurance, etc. A whole region down in the Gulf is ignored and relegated to obscurity are they being helped really.
    you honestly believe this? have you followed every piece of legislation that has been presented, passed and rejected? this is simply just a made up paragraph coming from your hateful head.
    g under p wrote:
    They're putting back in the SAME levy system which is just waiting to be destroyed again. Why not instead show the world how WE take of our own by building creating something state of the art system like they've done in Scandinavian countries to keep back the North Sea. Why can't we do that cause they don't care and the money isn't there, it's flying over Baghdad on billion $$$ cash pallets only to disappear. Their corruption is sickening.
    again, this is a costs benefit analysis that has been done. the city is too low to build for a cat 5 hurricane. bush is the one who wants the build it strong enough. congress doesnt. which is also confusing why you blame "the administration" when congress is ultimately the one who decides where money is spent.
    g under p wrote:
    I've said as long as there's oil left in Iraq or Iran we will NEVER EVER leave Iraq. In Saudi Arabia we don't have to worry about we already have them in our back pockets.
    you've said it all along huh? you are starting to sound like roland. of course we will never leave Iraq. same reason we have never leave germany, korea, or the balkins. do we get oil from those countries? no, but somehow we are still there.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    you honestly believe this? have you followed every piece of legislation that has been presented, passed and rejected? this is simply just a made up paragraph coming from your hateful head.

again, this is a costs benefit analysis that has been done. the city is too low to build for a cat 5 hurricane. bush is the one who wants the build it strong enough. congress doesnt. which is also confusing why you blame "the administration" when congress is ultimately the one who decides where money is spent.

you've said it all along huh? you are starting to sound like roland. of course we will never leave Iraq. same reason we have never leave germany, korea, or the balkins. do we get oil from those countries? no, but somehow we are still there.

it's refreshing whenever i find one of your posts on here buddy. thanks.
    Raleigh 1992 - Raleigh 2003 - Charlotte 2003 - Asheville 2004 - Lollapolooza 2007
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    And probably the same percentage of people think that it was a government conspiracy. That doesn't leave alot of sane people in America.

it was an inside job!!!

don't insinuate that you're insane if you believe anything other than the "official" story.

the "official" story is insane!!
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Yes, you win the "eyes wide open" award, free from brainwashing by Fox News or YouTube.

I'd like to think there is a solid core of us somewhere in the middle between the lunatic fringe on either side.

if you believe 9-11 happened because of incompetence,you are the lunatic!
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

"Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?"

33% of All Adults, 40% Republicans, and 27% Dems.
    Who are these morons?? I wonder where these idiots got that idea? A little willful conflation perhaps?

2003 State of the Union: GWB
    "Before September the 11th, many in the world believed that Saddam Hussein could be contained."

Meet the Press (9/14/03) , Dick Cheney said:

If we’re successful in Iraq, we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.

These clever statement made the intention clear. Link Iraq to 9/11 while providing reagan's old "plausable deniability". Criminals.
    Lots of sheep that follow what they're told..and don't question authority

...hell look at all the people that believe at one point the world was flooded and all of gods creatures got into a boat...I mean please.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    JamMastaE wrote:
    it was an inside job!!!

don't insinuate that you're insane if you believe anything other than the "official" story.

I'm pretty left..and totally distrust big brother...but feel our administration is to utterly incompetent to pull off 9/11 and in no way believe they had anything to do with it.....now show me some proof.....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    I'm pretty left..and totally distrust big brother...but feel our administration is to utterly incompetent to pull off 9/11 and in no way believe they had anything to do with it.....now show me some proof.....

this is a point ive been trying to make - everyone believes the administration and bush in particular are so incredibly dumb yet smart enough to pull off the most elaborate inside job in the history of the world and dupe 300 million people in to believing it? Gimme a break
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Are these 33% the same ones that comprise President Bush's approval rating?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Bu2 wrote:
    *raises hand*

I know that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, and I also don't believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy. It was a failure of our government's communication, but I don't believe it was a conspiracy.

So, um.......do I win something?
    If you win something, you have to share it with me, because that's pretty much what I believe too :)
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    hippiemom wrote:
    If you win something, you have to share it with me, because that's pretty much what I believe too :)

Stanley Kubrick statue with a blindfold on it....or maybe it was a Nicole Kidman statue with her high heel placed firmly in Tom Cruise's eye socket....I can't really tell, but it looks great on my book shelf!!
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    JamMastaE wrote:
    it was an inside job!!!

There's two senarios that the government could have inplicated in 9/11.

1. They heard of the plot and in their arrogance thought they could never pull it off so did nothing about.
    2. The more sinister version that they knew about the plot and decided to let it happen so that they could do what they have done since the attacks.

I don't believe the "official" story and never have but some of the senarios being put forward ARE PURE INSANITY.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

"Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?"

33% of All Adults, 40% Republicans, and 27% Dems.
    Who are these morons?? I wonder where these idiots got that idea? A little willful conflation perhaps?

2003 State of the Union: GWB
    "Before September the 11th, many in the world believed that Saddam Hussein could be contained."

Meet the Press (9/14/03) , Dick Cheney said:

If we’re successful in Iraq, we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.

These clever statement made the intention clear. Link Iraq to 9/11 while providing reagan's old "plausable deniability". Criminals.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID={524F0261-37CB-40C1-8291-014E1940EC27}

This visit went well - very well. Saddam's intelligence service in essence cut a check directly to Zawahiri, for $300,000. American officials learned of this payout by "a senior member" of Iraqi intelligence. An administration official later told Stephen Hayes that the payout is so credible as to be undisputed: "It's a lock," the official said. U.S. News and World Report broke the story, and to date no one has ever come forward to question the reality of this payment. But what did the good terrorist doctor do with Saddam's cash?
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    There's two senarios that the government could have inplicated in 9/11.

1. They heard of the plot and in their arrogance thought they could never pull it off so did nothing about.
    2. The more sinister version that they knew about the plot and decided to let it happen so that they could do what they have done since the attacks.

I don't believe the "official" story and never have but some of the senarios being put forward ARE PURE INSANITY.

let's say you're right. what would the solution have been? clinton allowed attacks for 8 years so we all knew there'd be more. bush also told us before the election that we were going into iraq if saddam didn't allow inspections. so let's say they knew airplanes were going to be used to attack buildings. the only clear option would be to start shooting down commercial airliners. when do we start shooting? in 1998 when a clear theat was made; or just every day until all muslims were dead?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    let's say you're right. what would the solution have been? clinton allowed attacks for 8 years so we all knew there'd be more. bush also told us before the election that we were going into iraq if saddam didn't allow inspections. so let's say they knew airplanes were going to be used to attack buildings. the only clear option would be to start shooting down commercial airliners. when do we start shooting? in 1998 when a clear theat was made; or just every day until all muslims were dead?

the only clear option would be to impose some sort of competant security. if you know where the threat is coming from then as much as i hate to say this, you target those from that ethnic background. you go through their background with a fine tooth comb. you explain to EVERYONE that because of where the threat is coming from EVERYONE is a suspect. unfortunately when backgrounds are clear of any suspicious activity you have a major problem. but what you don't do is brush the threat off as impossible to carry out and then bitch and moan about it and then start covering your arse and passing the buck. you do everything in your power as a government to protect your people and foreign citizens who are visiting your country. this is your responsibility as a government.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    the only clear option would be to impose some sort of competant security. if you know where the threat is coming from then as much as i hate to say this, you target those from that ethnic background. you go through their background with a fine tooth comb. you explain to EVERYONE that because of where the threat is coming from EVERYONE is a suspect. unfortunately when backgrounds are clear of any suspicious activity you have a major problem. but what you don't do is brush the threat off as impossible to carry out and then bitch and moan about it and then start covering your arse and passing the buck. you do everything in your power as a government to protect your people and foreign citizens who are visiting your country. this is your responsibility as a government.

I agree with Cate, here.
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323

It's about good police work not military action. I went to New York in August 2001 and none of my bags were checked I was not searched and at the final checkpoint the customs officer mearly peeked into my duty free bag to see I wasn't bringing in to much alcohol and smokes into the country.Seriously I got off the plane, collected my bags, had my passport stamped and walked right through. Likewise it was the same returning home. Coming back into Australia still pre 9/11 Aussies customs had sniffer dog partolling up and down the queues, my bag was x-rayed and I was pulled aside and asked to open it because they're was something suspiscious in it. It turned out to be a baseball and that was re x-rayed to make sure there was nothing suss about it.

I can imagine getting into the States is a bit different now but that how it was 1 month before 9/11.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    It's about good police work not military action. I went to New York in August 2001 and none of my bags were checked I was not searched and at the final checkpoint the customs officer mearly peeked into my duty free bag to see I wasn't bringing in to much alcohol and smokes into the country.Seriously I got off the plane, collected my bags, had my passport stamped and walked right through. Likewise it was the same returning home. Coming back into Australia still pre 9/11 Aussies customs had sniffer dog partolling up and down the queues, my bag was x-rayed and I was pulled aside and asked to open it because they're was something suspiscious in it. It turned out to be a baseball and that was re x-rayed to make sure there was nothing suss about it.

I can imagine getting into the States is a bit different now but that how it was 1 month before 9/11.

i agree; but how do you decide where to draw the line? people bitch about the security measures we have now; but they wouldn't have helped on 9/11. the hijackers could have pulled it off with plastic picnic knives. in fact; it could have been pulled off with a couple cups of hot coffee. scalding coffee to the face will stop anyone.
    flight 93 showed us what would have stopped 9/11. citizen involvement. when you look at the other flights; how many people ALLOWED a few to take over the plane and crash it; killing many more? here's a link to an article you won't like; but it addresses the social obligation people have to eachother.
    http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/public/83.cfm
    we expect the police to babysit and be there if we become a victim of a crime. it doesn't work that way. police are rarely present at the commission of a crime. the police are called afterwards.
    if someone wants to commit a crime; the authorities cannot stop them. in fact; our legal system is designed to act after the crime. if someone in washington heard that an attack with airplanes would happen within the next month; there is nothing they can do. if you think there is; please tell me. we can't start shooting down commercial airliners. we can't strip search every passenger because anything can be used as a weapon; and background checks for passengers are useless too.
    i've asked this question over and over yet not one person can answer. WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE TO PREVENT 9/11?
  • Options

i'm with you cate; but people have rights. if you flew into N Y you'd think it was rediculous to get to the airport 8 hours early so you can be subjected to searches and background checks which would have to include religious affiliations.
    when people accept their social obligation to protect their fellow man; crime will go away. not before.
  • Options
    rldriver2 wrote:
    it's refreshing whenever i find one of your posts on here buddy. thanks.

hehe jlew has two accounts...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Are these 33% the same ones that comprise President Bush's approval rating?

Bush compromises his own approval rating. He does it to himself.

Stop supporting an idiot regime.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    i'm with you cate; but people have rights. if you flew into N Y you'd think it was rediculous to get to the airport 8 hours early so you can be subjected to searches and background checks which would have to include religious affiliations.
    when people accept their social obligation to protect their fellow man; crime will go away. not before.

and everyone has a right to feel safe whilst travelling.

and yes i am prepared to arrive at the airport at whatever hour is designated in order to clear security. and trust me i am not a patient person. but if it means the difference between me arriving at my destination and having my plane flown into a field somewhere, i know i will swallow the time spent cooling my heels that most people consider inconvenient in order to be safe.

but you know you've got to be seriuos about security. you don't do a half arsed job. in recent times ive been dusted for explosives twice, had my nail files confiscated, had my boots checked and my carry on luggage randomly searched whilst flying interstate. i consider it amusing simply because i know i'm not a security risk. but on the other hand my ex was able to carry items considered weapons onto the same interstate airline within days of me flying.
    inconsisitent security is not security at all.

when i speak of background checks i don't mean doing those at point of departure, that would be a tad ridiculous and possibly impossible. they should be taken care of well before the flight, like say when people apply for visas or what have you. and then keep tabs on them while they're in your country.

anway i realise i'm an idealist and governments tend to be more reactionary than anything else.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:

was it one of those exploding baseballs? :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    was it one of those exploding baseballs? :D:p

I think the baseball was wearing a terrorist bandanna. Dead give away every time.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    I think the baseball was wearing a terrorist bandanna. Dead give away every time.

not to mention all those stitches from getting down and dirty in who knows what. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say