Options

Over 33% of Adults still think Saddam personally involved in 9/11

FredFlintstoneFredFlintstone Posts: 193
edited September 2007 in A Moving Train
http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

"Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?"

33% of All Adults, 40% Republicans, and 27% Dems.
Who are these morons?? I wonder where these idiots got that idea? A little willful conflation perhaps?

2003 State of the Union: GWB
"Before September the 11th, many in the world believed that Saddam Hussein could be contained."

Meet the Press (9/14/03) , Dick Cheney said:

If we’re successful in Iraq, we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.

These clever statement made the intention clear. Link Iraq to 9/11 while providing reagan's old "plausable deniability". Criminals.
"Sean Hannity knows there is no greater threat to America today than Bill Clinton 15 years ago"- Stephen Colbert
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    jesus that is so sad.
  • Options
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    JamMastaE wrote:
    33% of people in this country are idiots.

oh come on now!

it's gotta be higher than that :)
  • Options
    The media is a war on people's minds.

How else does one explain this being reality?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    same idiots who believe in jesus
    same idiots who would still vote for bush even if he decapitated a negro infant on live tv then spiked the limp headless body before going into a white mans end zone dance
    idiots idiots idiots
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    They all watch FOXNews.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    it doesn"t help to have soldiers who have lost both legs going on commercials saying that iraq attacked us on 9/11. nothing like spreading the wrong info to shape public opinion. fucking interest groups....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20733211/
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    The media is a war on people's minds.

How else does one explain this being reality?

True so true, you know War Made Easy. This administration I must say are brilliant at this world of spin. Kinda like the Nazi Party over Germany.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    And probably the same percentage of people think that it was a government conspiracy. That doesn't leave alot of sane people in America.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options

"Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?"

33% of All Adults, 40% Republicans, and 27% Dems.
    Who are these morons?? I wonder where these idiots got that idea? A little willful conflation perhaps?

2003 State of the Union: GWB
    "Before September the 11th, many in the world believed that Saddam Hussein could be contained."

Meet the Press (9/14/03) , Dick Cheney said:

If we’re successful in Iraq, we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.

These clever statement made the intention clear. Link Iraq to 9/11 while providing reagan's old "plausable deniability". Criminals.

it could be dick satan...or maybe because of hillary

"He (Saddam Hussein) has given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members..." Oct. 10, 2002
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    Austicman wrote:
    And probably the same percentage of people think that it was a government conspiracy. That doesn't leave alot of sane people in America.

*raises hand*

I know that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, and I also don't believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy. It was a failure of our government's communication, but I don't believe it was a conspiracy.

So, um.......do I win something?
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Bu2 wrote:
    *raises hand*

I know that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, and I also don't believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy. It was a failure of our government's communication, but I don't believe it was a conspiracy.

Yes, you win the "eyes wide open" award, free from brainwashing by Fox News or YouTube.

I'd like to think there is a solid core of us somewhere in the middle between the lunatic fringe on either side.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Bu2 wrote:
    *raises hand*

you win the prize of living in reality. apparently, it's not a popular place these days, so welcome :)
  • Options
    Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    jeffbr wrote:
    Yes, you win the "eyes wide open" award, free from brainwashing by Fox News or YouTube.

I'd like to think there is a solid core of us somewhere in the middle between the lunatic fringe on either side.

*clutches the little gold statuette of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman*

I just won the "Eyes Wide Open" award!!! Yippee!!!!

Kidding aside, I would really like to get my hands on that 33%....and yank their blindfolds off.

(PS: I know, I know, it was Eyes Wide Shut....)
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    Bu2 wrote:
    *clutches the little gold statuette of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman*

I just won the "Eyes Wide Open" award!!! Yippee!!!!

Kidding aside, I would really like to get my hands on that 33%....and yank their blindfolds off.

(PS: I know, I know, it was Eyes Wide Shut....)

I'm not going to go through the whole page...that's the job of the original poster...

there is no way that in an unbiased question that 33% of people believe that. period. i'd like to see the actual question and offered responses.
  • Options
    I'm not going to go through the whole page...that's the job of the original poster...

there is no way that in an unbiased question that 33% of people believe that. period. i'd like to see the actual question and offered responses.

I wanted to believe that, too. But unfortunately, even with an abysmally low approval rating, a quarter of the people think Bush is doing a good job. It isn't a stretch to think that all of them, plus a few other morons would answer in the affirmative.

The source of the poll:

CBS News/New York Times Poll. Sept. 4-8, 2007. N=1,035 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3 (for all adults).

The question:

The results:

Yes No Unsure
    % % %
    ALL adults 33 58 9
    Republicans 40 51 9
    Democrats 27 63 10
    Independents 32 60 8

So even almost 1/3 of Dems believe it! Goddam.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    I wanted to believe that, too. But unfortunately, even with an abysmally low approval rating, a quarter of the people think Bush is doing a good job. It isn't a stretch to think that all of them, plus a few other morons would answer in the affirmative.

The source of the poll:

CBS News/New York Times Poll. Sept. 4-8, 2007. N=1,035 adults nationwide. MoE ± 3 (for all adults).

The question:

The results:

Yes No Unsure
    % % %
    ALL adults 33 58 9
    Republicans 40 51 9
    Democrats 27 63 10
    Independents 32 60 8

Ain't that some shit. I wonder out of that percentage thinks or believes we should still occupy Iraq and continue with permanent military bases???

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jeffbr wrote:

The source of the poll:

The question:

The results:

Yes No Unsure
    % % %
    ALL adults 33 58 9
    Republicans 40 51 9
    Democrats 27 63 10
    Independents 32 60 8

As an American, and secondarily as a political scientist, and as a staunch conservative...i find that disturbing. I really do. But as a conservative i'll just say...our public education is kick ass...isn't it?
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Ain't that some shit. I wonder out of that percentage thinks or believes we should still occupy Iraq and continue with permanent military bases???

Peace

Fortunately that number keeps shrinking. Unfortunately, it is still around 40% somehow:

"Do you think the United States should keep its military forces in Iraq until civil order is restored there, even if that means continued U.S. military casualties; or do you think the United States should withdraw its military forces from Iraq in order to avoid further U.S. military casualties, even if that means civil order is not restored there?"

KeepForces WithdrawForces Unsure
    % % %
    7/18-21/07 39 59 3
    4/12-15/07 42 56 2
    2/22-25/07 42 56 2
    1/16-19/07 46 52 3
    12/7-11/06 48 48 4
    10/30 - 11/2/05 52 44 4
    8/25-28/05 54 44 2
    6/23-26/05 58 41 2
    12/16-19/04 58 39 3
    6/17-20/04 57 42 1
    5/20-23/04 58 40 2
    4/15-18/04 66 33 1
    11/12-16/03 62 34 4
    10/26-29/03 58 38 3
    9/10-13/03 65 32 3
    8/20-24/03 69 27 4
    7/9-10/03 72 26 2

It is much easier to read the poll results from the link provided in the first post. Some of the questions/answer are eye opening and a bit depressing.

• Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Fortunately that number keeps shrinking. Unfortunately, it is still around 40% somehow:

"Do you think the United States should keep its military forces in Iraq until civil order is restored there, even if that means continued U.S. military casualties; or do you think the United States should withdraw its military forces from Iraq in order to avoid further U.S. military casualties, even if that means civil order is not restored there?"

% % %
    7/18-21/07 39 59 3
    4/12-15/07 42 56 2
    2/22-25/07 42 56 2
    1/16-19/07 46 52 3
    12/7-11/06 48 48 4
    10/30 - 11/2/05 52 44 4
    8/25-28/05 54 44 2
    6/23-26/05 58 41 2
    12/16-19/04 58 39 3
    6/17-20/04 57 42 1
    5/20-23/04 58 40 2
    4/15-18/04 66 33 1
    11/12-16/03 62 34 4
    10/26-29/03 58 38 3
    9/10-13/03 65 32 3
    8/20-24/03 69 27 4
    7/9-10/03 72 26 2

It is much easier to read the poll results from the link provided in the first post. Some of the questions/answer are eye opening and a bit depressing.

To tell you the truth, it breaks my heart that the answer to this question isn't in the affirmative 100% not sure why you think commitment is "disturbing."
  • Options
    To tell you the truth, it breaks my heart that the answer to this question isn't in the affirmative 100% not sure why you think commitment is "disturbing."

Commitment for commitment sake is disturbing. That's what leads to gambling problems. A wise investor and business person knows you don't chase bad money with good. When you realize you've made a bad investment or a bad bet you cut your losses by not continuing to throw money at it. This is the same situation.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Commitment for commitment sake is disturbing. That's what leads to gambling problems. A wise investor and business person knows you don't chase bad money with good. When you realize you've made a bad investment or a bad bet you cut your losses by not continuing to throw money at it. This is the same situation.

no...it's about right and wrong....period.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:

% % %
    7/18-21/07 39 59 3
    4/12-15/07 42 56 2
    2/22-25/07 42 56 2
    1/16-19/07 46 52 3
    12/7-11/06 48 48 4
    10/30 - 11/2/05 52 44 4
    8/25-28/05 54 44 2
    6/23-26/05 58 41 2
    12/16-19/04 58 39 3
    6/17-20/04 57 42 1
    5/20-23/04 58 40 2
    4/15-18/04 66 33 1
    11/12-16/03 62 34 4
    10/26-29/03 58 38 3
    9/10-13/03 65 32 3
    8/20-24/03 69 27 4
    7/9-10/03 72 26 2

When the US occupied this country of Iraq we disrupted civil order with an array of disorder and corruption.

Ever notice the threat that if we leave the country will be open to take over by countries like Iran? All done to to keep the US safely tucked away in Iraq. Fear has worked very well for this administration.

Peace

• Options
    no...it's about right and wrong....period.

Agreed. The right thing to do is stop accumulating casualties by attempting to force democracy on an unaccepting, unwilling populace. They aren't willing to help themselves. I'm not willing to put our people in harms way to force them to.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Agreed. The right thing to do is stop accumulating casualties by attempting to force democracy on an unaccepting, unwilling populace. They aren't willing to help themselves. I'm not willing to put our people in harms way to force them to.

you haven't considered the consequences of your plan. will you accept genocide? do you think that's acceptable? will you accept Iran's aggressiveness? pollitics aside...don't let it cloud your reality. THINK man :D
  • Options
    you haven't considered the consequences of your plan. will you accept genocide? do you think that's acceptable? will you accept Iran's aggressiveness? pollitics aside...don't let it cloud your reality. THINK man :D

yes, i accept those things. the problems of the middle east are their problems. they're as happy killing each other as they are us. let them work on each other. ill worry about them once they learn how to play nice with each other.
  • Options
    yes, i accept those things. the problems of the middle east are their problems. they're as happy killing each other as they are us. let them work on each other. ill worry about them once they learn how to play nice with each other.

The occupation influence is invisible to you?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    The occupation influence is invisible to you?

What does this mean?

I agree with soulsinging. The entire middle east is so fucked up it is time to let them go for it. Hash it out. Kill each other. When someone wins they can call us and we'll trade. Death is going to happen over there anyway. It might as well happen without us. Why is it our problem? It was going on long before we got there. It will continue long after we're gone. We might as well cut our losses.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    What does this mean?

I agree with soulsinging. The entire middle east is so fucked up it is time to let them go for it. Hash it out. Kill each other. When someone wins they can call us and we'll trade. Death is going to happen over there anyway. It might as well happen without us. Why is it our problem? It was going on long before we got there. It will continue long after we're gone. We might as well cut our losses.

he likes to speak in cryptic riddles rather than actually making points. it feeds his ego... his favorite tactic. he gets to ask a question nobody understands and feel like he's smarter than all the rest of us becos nobody knows what the fuck his gibberish is supposed to be saying.

that's my point though... it's none of our damn business. let's get the fuck out and stop meddling in the middle east. it's brought us nothing but bad. we've got our own problems to deal with.
  • Options
    he likes to speak in cryptic riddles rather than actually making points. it feeds his ego... his favorite tactic. he gets to ask a question nobody understands and feel like he's smarter than all the rest of us becos nobody knows what the fuck his gibberish is supposed to be saying.

that's my point though... it's none of our damn business. let's get the fuck out and stop meddling in the middle east. it's brought us nothing but bad. we've got our own problems to deal with.

Yes we have a ton of issues and problems here in this country but the problem is this administration can't profit from those problems. Our administration doesn't care about whether the average citizen can get ahead or has health insurance, etc. A whole region down in the Gulf is ignored and relegated to obscurity are they being helped really.

They're putting back in the SAME levy system which is just waiting to be destroyed again. Why not instead show the world how WE take of our own by building creating something state of the art system like they've done in Scandinavian countries to keep back the North Sea. Why can't we do that cause they don't care and the money isn't there, it's flying over Baghdad on billion $$$ cash pallets only to disappear. Their corruption is sickening.

I've said as long as there's oil left in Iraq or Iran we will NEVER EVER leave Iraq. In Saudi Arabia we don't have to worry about we already have them in our back pockets.

Peace and let the voices be heard this Saturday. StayHuman