Options

If you're racist and you know it, VOTE McCAIN

2»

Comments

• Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    RainDog wrote:
    Obama is running as the Democratic candidate for president. As the black vote tends to go Democratic by huge margins no matter who's at the top of the ticket, I'm not so sure they're just voting for him because he's black.

As I said before, it's a way of side-stepping the issue, because people, including McCain supporters, want to make it seem like the numbers of race-based voters (including whites voting against Obama and blacks voting for McCain), will "balance themselves out"; these vote tallies would likely be close enough that it'll make the entire race-based electorate meaningless. That's complete BS. The electorate in the 2004 race was 77% white voters, and I don't believe that number has dropped below 75 for any presidential race in recent memory. So even if Obama brings out this groundswell of black voters, it'll still mean that about 72% of the electorate will be white voters. And if 12% of that section of the electorate decides who to vote for President for based on race (as they publicly admitted in the Democratic primaries), then it's hard to see anyway Obama could win this. Saying racial votes for McCain and racial votes for Obama will cancel each other out is a nice way of avoiding the issue, but it's just not true.
  • Options
    catch22 wrote:
    you mean the way the republicans are playing the victim card by refusing to allow their VP to do interviews because the big bad media is being too mean to their delicate female candidate? they've been screaming sexism every chance they get :rolleyes:

of course mccain supporters aren't going to talk about race being an issue. nobody wants to seem racist.

i don't think it's that big a deal, but it is a legitimate concern and the fact that it is uncomfortable for a lot of people to admit or consider doesn't mean racism doesn't exist.

Do you think sexism exists?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    i was just talking to my wife about this. IF, and i think it's a big if at this point, but IF mcsame pulls this one off it will be because obama is black.

Could be. Unfortunately we'll never know because there is no way to prove anything. It could also be that the dems have no idea how to run an effective national campaign. They should have had a slam dunk w/ Gore as the encumbant running against a dimwit. They should have had a slam dunk w/ Kerry running against that same dimwit who didn't have a great approval rating and had already screwed things up. Just a reminder, both of these guys were white. So just because the dems should have a slam dunk with a candidate doesn't mean it will happen. They are phenomenal at taking a lead in to the final stretch and losing it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    digster wrote:
    Well, to your claim that Obama is the primary racist here,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODaxZSz3Awg

This video alone illustrates the downright ignorance and backward-ass stupidity of some of the american public. The kind of ignorance and stupidity the Repubs want and cater to.

That video turned my stomach and made me feel ill.

And I'm not even an Obama supporter.
  • Options
    i was just talking to my wife about this. IF, and i think it's a big if at this point, but IF mcsame pulls this one off it will be because obama is black.

I think the fact that he likes to steal all kinds of $ from people that work and give it to those that don't will play a bigger part.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    i for one believe that the republicans will again scam this election and get MCNASTY & SHEDEVIL elected no way does OBAMA win the ELECTION ...that's my take on it ......independent here
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....