Options

Too fat to die

2»

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Making his pencil disappear is what got the fat rapist in trouble to begin with ...
    :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    He's animal. Not human. I'm sorry for the harm this does to his family. But I am not sorry for him.

Fair enough.

Though I've never really understood the distinction between 'human' and 'animal'-its an artificial one. Not trying to play semantics here BTW, I just don't think that the illusion this divison creates, is any help in understanding why people behave like this guy did.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'm not by any means trying to distract from the horrible crime this guy committed but it is really easy to make statements like the above-be baddass if you like- (especially those of dunkman) when you don't know the guy or his family. No doubt someone will fire back the predictable retort about the father/mother of the murdered girl and how they must feel-fair enough.
    But however we try and ignore it this guy is still human, though we may not like to accpet that. Anything does not go.

i take that as a compliment. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i take that as a compliment. :)

By all means do :)
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I'm not by any means trying to distract from the horrible crime this guy committed but it is really easy to make statements like the above-be baddass if you like- (especially those of dunkman) when you don't know the guy or his family. No doubt someone will fire back the predictable retort about the father/mother of the murdered girl and how they must feel-fair enough.
    But however we try and ignore it this guy is still human, though we may not like to accpet that. Anything does not go.

How could you possibly have any compassion for a man that raped and murdered women?

It has nothing to do with being "baddass".....Most people don't see rapist as humans. They have made a decision to ruin or end the life of a women and they deserve what is coming to them.

He didn't rob a liquor store.....

He raped and killed women!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Kill him anyway. He raped and murdered people. Fuck if he suffers.
    The moment you use the death penalty as retribution rather than as a deterrent to others/a way to prevent the offender from ever re-offending, it becomes hypocritical to the point of worthlessness.

The death penalty should not exist but if does, it must be as quick and painless as possible.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    The death penalty should not exist but if does, it must be as quick and painless as possible.
    I see what you are saying, but murder is murder. Quick and painless doesn't even come into it.
    All lethal injection does, is make the murder look a bit more prettier and not quite as gross as picking up a body shot to pieces with blood and guts everywhere or a corpse with it's head cut off after hanging.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    stickfig13 wrote:
    How could you possibly have any compassion for a man that raped and murdered women?

It has nothing to do with being "baddass".....Most people don't see rapist as humans. They have made a decision to ruin or end the life of a women and they deserve what is coming to them.

He didn't rob a liquor store.....

He raped and killed women!
    The raping of women is not seen as a huge crime by many people. It is sickening.
    We all talk about how people are being needlessly slaughtered in Iraq for the sake of oil. But no one ever talks about the Taliban brutally raping women in Afghanistan or the women being raped in Rwanda.
    No one seems to give a shit.
    It makes me sick.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    I see what you are saying, but murder is murder. Quick and painless doesn't even come into it.
    All lethal injection does, is make the murder look a bit more prettier and not quite as gross as picking up a body shot to pieces with blood and guts everywhere or a corpse with it's head cut off after hanging.
    Oh I agree, and I think the killing of anyone as a punishment for killing is the most bizarre thing ever, I can't get my head around it. I just mean that this guy has a point. For all his crimes, it would be hypocritical to kill him, knowing that it would cause him agonising pain. How can the judicial system distance themselves from criminal acts and take some sort of a moral high ground if they are then ambivalent about, or indeed in favour of, the pain and suffering of another person, regardless of their crimes?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Oh I agree, and I think the killing of anyone as a punishment for killing is the most bizarre thing ever, I can't get my head around it. I just mean that this guy has a point. For all his crimes, it would be hypocritical to kill him, knowing that it would cause him agonising pain. How can the judicial system distance themselves from criminal acts and take some sort of a moral high ground if they are then ambivalent about, or indeed in favour of, the pain and suffering of another person, regardless of their crimes?
    We are on the same page my friend.