2»

Comments

• Options
    "nothing maybe"

wow!
  • Options
    Comment?

Je Ne comprende pas...

Really, I don't spit on anybody. Well, apart from those who hold the bomb over reason, force over love, or a gun over understanding.

Is that such a crime? Is that radical? Why? In the 21st century, maybe being completely anti-war, death, destruction is a really radical concept.

I have never preached force or violence as a solution to anything. Peace can be obtained by alot of means, but none of those involve war, bombs, talk of "victory", or "allies" in what was, and has been spouted by our leaders, a vain reference to the victory of WW2.

Am I so radical in believing that those who uphold the law of war and profit over humanity and equality are, simply, wrong?

No, not saying you're wrong, saying you sound like a "left wing jsand", that's all...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    If you're coming from the (official USUKISRAEL) position that Israel is merely defending itself, then there is no point trying to discuss the point.

And you expcet someone to debate you when you start off with your cute USUKISRAEL tag? Many here can't take you serious! Just another one of your double standard types of post
  • Options
    "nothing maybe"

wow!

If Israel stop to attack foreign country, yes at some point they won't have to defend themselves anymore, they must act to achieve peace, not more hate towards them... defending is ok, attacking is not. Israel are just playing into Hezbollah games right now, and they're losing at it... just my opinion of course...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    nothing maybe???? Open your eyes, they're not DEFENDING themselves anymore, they're ATTACKING a foreign nation, because of a group of terrorist they can't even stop, one month and nothing is achieve other than the destruction of a large part of Lebanon and a huge load of innocents CIVILLIANS terrorized (if not killed or injured) by this war, yes, on both side of the border, time this stupidity stop...

You can't avoid killing innocent people when fighting against an army of terrorists, surounding themselves with civillians all the time.
    The thing is, no one can win in this battle against terrorism, but in order to live, people still try.
    I'm not saying every Israeli move is justified, certainley not. but if they'll just sit there and do nothing while the terrorists are bombing them, they'll all be killed in a week. and that's a fact. so they have nothing else to do. they could've made different desicions, and believe me I am pissed off about the killing in Lebannon as much as you are, but it's just not right to portray Israel as a country full of people who walk around feeling proude of killing innocent people. because we're not.
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    no a wrote:
    You can't avoid killing innocent people when fighting against an army of terrorists, surounding themselves with civillians all the time.
    The thing is, no one can win in this battle against terrorism, but in order to live, people still try.
    I'm not saying every Israeli move is justified, certainley not. but if they'll just sit there and do nothing while the terrorists are bombing them, they'll all be killed in a week. and that's a fact. so they have nothing else to do. they could've made different desicions, and believe me I am pissed off about the killing in Lebannon as much as you are, but it's just not right to portray Israel as a country full of people who walk around feeling proude of killing innocent people. because we're not.

Fair enough... but just one thing, Hezbollah wouldn't be firing thousands of rockets in Israel if there were no war, and i don't believe that Israel or any other country (i mean none have succeed in the past) to stop terrorism with military interventions, imagine if an army would enter England and start firing into arabs neighbourhood cause they suspect terrorist for hiding there, there would be an outcry and it would spread more hate. Instead they choose the police way, and it has once more succeeded (if they're indeed guilty). Israel and USA solution to fight terrorism (as the french in the past) won't work.

Ireland and Catalans terror groups were disarmed and disband after NEGOCIATIONS and compromised...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    no a wrote:

and how they hell will Israel be killed in a week...that is absurd....compare the damage done by both groups...not even comparable....and that includes loss of life and destruction.....you also cannot avoid killing civilians by making the choice to put theirlive ahead of your lives (ie. soldier vs civilian)....Israel could have been much more effective if they choose not to take the "shock and awe" approach...which by the way failed to do anything productive..hell it has increased tensions...once again good job....
  • Options
    "compare the damage done by both groups"

why? why should the damage be comparable? its a war, the point is to win. you all say you want peace, but then you bitch when one side tries to win the war. do you just want the war to continue forvever? or are you just mad because you side with the terrorists and they are losing.
  • Options
    "compare the damage done by both groups"

why? why should the damage be comparable? its a war, the point is to win. you all say you want peace, but then you bitch when one side tries to win the war. do you just want the war to continue forvever? or are you just mad because you side with the terrorists and they are losing.

ok ok siding with the terrorist... go on...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    Fair enough... but just one thing, Hezbollah wouldn't be firing thousands of rockets in Israel if there were no war, and i don't believe that Israel or any other country (i mean none have succeed in the past) to stop terrorism with military interventions, imagine if an army would enter England and start firing into arabs neighbourhood cause they suspect terrorist for hiding there, there would be an outcry and it would spread more hate. Instead they choose the police way, and it has once more succeeded (if they're indeed guilty). Israel and USA solution to fight terrorism (as the french in the past) won't work.

Ireland and Catalans terror groups were disarmed and disband after NEGOCIATIONS and compromised...

You're mixing things up (or maybe I can't understand what you're saying).
    the situation in England is very different from the one in Lebannon. as far as I can remember, Hezbollah fired rockets to populated areas in north Israel before the war even started. It wasn't as bad as now, but it didn't begin because of the IDF bombing and invading Lebannon, it just got worse.
    You try to negotiate with Hezbollah about disarming, never they will agree to this kind of proposition, because this would concieder as weakness (in their mind).
    I agree with you completely about not USA or Israel being able to stop terrorism with military interventions.
    Just to remind you, this war started because of the kidnapping of the soldiers by the Hezbollah, and I do support an initial response to these kind of actions. believe me, assuming someone from your close family would've been kidnapped you'd want the government to act out about it in order to bring them back home. If they wouldn't do that, it would encourage the terrorists to keep on doing this shit they do, and that's just not acceptable.
    Now, the Israeli government (and army) did and still are doing stupid things, taking wrong and unnecessary actions and hurting innocent people, but you just can't compare this situation to the one in England. There the terrorists are living inside the country. In Lebannon, they had a ruling that said Hezbollah was to be taken out of the Israeli border with Lebannon. this didn't happen and they were just sitting there for five years or so and building an army. this is not the same situation, and again, I hope I understood your comparison correctly, because it would be a shame to find out I wrote this for nothing. :-)
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    some would say that the thousands of lebanese prisoners captured during the 18 year illegal occupation had something to do with the kidnapping of the 2 soldiers ... we can all pinpoint that act as the so called trigger for this war ...
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Hi Darkstar...

I found a record store locally that within the past 30 days has had Live on 2 Legs, Binaural and Yield on vinyl...

sweetness.

fuck off! was it Rock of Ages?

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    This thread is bad, peoples have been killed, there's no need to explain or justify all these killings and to find theory about how they were not really killed, it's wrong to kill someone, whatever justifications you're giving... show some fucking respect...

how is the thread bad? i'm not quite following your statements. anyway, i felt it was important to post this information because there were embarrasingly obvious attempts to manipulate world reactions to the unsufferable situation.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    polaris wrote:
    some would say that the thousands of lebanese prisoners captured during the 18 year illegal occupation had something to do with the kidnapping of the 2 soldiers ... we can all pinpoint that act as the so called trigger for this war ...

And some would say you should really start reading/stop ignoring the things you don't like to hear about:

3-4 lebanese prisoners, all of them got a fair trail. There are a few threads with their names and actions over this board.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    and how they hell will Israel be killed in a week...that is absurd....compare the damage done by both groups...not even comparable....and that includes loss of life and destruction.....you also cannot avoid killing civilians by making the choice to put theirlive ahead of your lives (ie. soldier vs civilian)....Israel could have been much more effective if they choose not to take the "shock and awe" approach...which by the way failed to do anything productive..hell it has increased tensions...once again good job....

So we'll be killled in a few months, is that make it better? The point is, we WILL get killed no matter what, do you know why? It is called ideology, so when someone truly believes Isreal, Its people and supporters are evil, they'll keep on with their attempts to hurt us. You have the terror attacks upon Israeli favorite locations in Egypt, (whome we have peace with) as an example of what I was trying to explain.

IDF is Israel's official army, Israel is surrounded by old and new enemies - we have every right and above all, every logic to have a powerfull well-equipped army.
  • Options
    Some of you are on team A. Some of you are on team B. I'm on team C. My teams says forget the other two teams, they're both wrong. My team wants to stop the violence that's falling out of the air from both Hezzballoh and Israel. Fuck being liberal. Fuck being conservative. You know what? Fuck being Democratic, Fuck being Republican. Fuck every political party title. And fuck trying to use this fucking war to rub it in one another's fucking face. Let's just fucking end it so nobody else gets fucking hurt.
  • Options
    tagtag Posts: 3
    I think its been said before, fucking love, is the answer
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Some of you are on team A. Some of you are on team B. I'm on team C. My teams says forget the other two teams, they're both wrong. My team wants to stop the violence that's falling out of the air from both Hezzballoh and Israel. Fuck being liberal. Fuck being conservative. You know what? Fuck being Democratic, Fuck being Republican. Fuck every political party title. And fuck trying to use this fucking war to rub it in one another's fucking face. Let's just fucking end it so nobody else gets fucking hurt.

Fuck yoga, Fuck Pilates, Fuck, Radarkontrolle!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Fuck yoga, Fuck Pilates, Fuck, Radarkontrolle!
    Heh? Man, I am constantly confused.
  • Options
    Heh? Man, I am constantly confused.

The first thing you need to know is that everything you know is wrong.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The first thing you need to know is that everything you know is wrong.
    Why is that?
  • Options
    Why is that?

Because:

I was driving on the freeway in the fast lane
    With a rabid wolverine in my underwear
    When suddenly a guy behind me in the back seat
    Popped right up and cupped his hands across my eyes

I guessed, "Is it Uncle Frank or Cousin Louie?"
    "Is it Bob or Joe or Walter?"
    "Could it be Bill or Jim or Ed or Bernie or Steve?"
    I probably would have kept on guessing
    But about that time we crashed into the truck

And as I'm laying bleeding there on the asphalt
    Finally I recognize the face of my hibachi dealer
    Who takes off his prosthetic lips and tells me

Everything you know is wrong
    Black is white, up is down and short is long
    And everything you thought was just so
    Important doesn't matter
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    fuck off! was it Rock of Ages?

ds

Nah, it wasnt rock of ages- they have virtually no vinyl nowadays... Ill gladly let you know the name of it after i locate No Code...

Live on 2 legs was pretty cheap- Binaural was pricey- because he went and checked ebay to see how much its selling for, but both are in great shape.
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    Of course, but I guess you missed the typical looney left responses like...

A)but but, hezbollah rockets are not accurate unlike israels bombs...
    B)It doesn't matter hezbollah hides behinds civilians, Israel is wrong!

Why do you support Israel's actions?