Options

Ahmadinejad?

2»

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    shiraz wrote:
    The ones who were fired at northern Israel were originally made in Russia, but I guess it is more convenient to say "not true" instead of actually checking things up like I did.

thank you, that was all i was asking :)
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    El_Kabong wrote:

You don't ask. You allege false facts and hope that someone doesn't call you on the bullshit, which Shiraz just did.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    El_Kabong wrote:

I wrote the same thing before, El_Kabong.

Most of those missiles were in fact improved Katyusha's (=Russian weapond which was sold to Iran & Syria) in all kind of levels. For example, "Fajar3" = 240 millimeter "Katyusha" rocket, who can reach up till 43 kilometer located target. Most of them contain metal bullets to increase their rang of damage & injury.

"Zilzal" is an Iranian missile, who can reach up till 130 kilometer distance. Those missiles were shot down before hitting their target in Israel.

Btw, "Tow" is an anti-tanks missile, not the kind of thing you can use against long distance civilian targets, but as usual you prefer inventing the facts than use the real ones.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:

Most of those missiles were in fact improved Katyusha's (=Russian weapond which was sold to Iran & Syria) in all kind of levels. For example, "Fajar3" = 240 millimeter "Katyusha" rocket, who can reach up till 43 kilometer located target. Most of them contain metal bullets to increase their rang of damage & injury.

"Zilzal" is an Iranian missile, who can reach up till 130 kilometer distance. Those missiles were shot down before hitting their target in Israel.

Btw, "Tow" is an anti-tanks missile, not the kind of thing you can use against long distance civilian targets, but as usual you prefer inventing the facts than use the real ones.

you're funny
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    You don't ask. You allege false facts and hope that someone doesn't call you on the bullshit, which Shiraz just did.

uhhh...wha? i asked if any of the thousands of missiles israel sold to iran were used in this recent war...i mistook her reply for saying israel never sold anything to iran, only the russians did and they only ever received russian missiles.

so, what is false about what i said? it is a fact that israel was the middle man for us when we sold thousands of missiles to iran
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    jsand wrote:
    Read: It's only the west that's to blame.

A fine example of reading for your preferred outcome. We continue to want revenge - we all suffer.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    so, what is false about what i said? it is a fact that israel was the middle man for us when we sold thousands of missiles to iran

Lets see now:
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i wonder how many of those missiles of iran's that 'rained down on israel'were part of the thousands of missiles israel sold iran for us in the 80's?
    shiraz wrote:
    None, actually. We're talking about modern missiles originally made in Russia, which were sold to Iran. Even the old rockets ("katyusha") were originally made in Russia, and got upgraded in Iran & Syria.
    El_Kabong wrote:
    not true...thousands of TOW missiles were sold to iran as well as other US made missiles
    shiraz wrote:
    The ones who were fired at northern Israel were originally made in Russia, but I guess it is more convenient to say "not true" instead of actually checking things up like I did.

FYI, Russia is still making huge weapond-deals with Iran, which is why they were so involved in the latest mid east crisis.
    El_Kabong wrote:
    thank you, that was all i was asking
    shiraz wrote:

El_Kabong wrote:
    you're funny

Maybe, but at least I don't make any false statments and *then* claim I didn't.

*=edit
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Lets see now:

Maybe, but at least I don't make any false statments and they claim I didn't.

can you translate that for me?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Abuskedti wrote:
    Well, I don't think my speculation on that specifically has any value. However, it makes no sence to ignore the leader of any nation, least of all one that we consider dangerous.

I find Ahmadinejad's public statements to be well thought out, credible and encouraging. He seems to be using the nuclear issue to work his way up to what he sees as equality on the national stage. The Israel issue is just propoganda. The Israel situation is a nightmare - and its foolish to judge his comments about its creation or its distruction. There are very valid reasons for them to believe there are people living on their land.

He offers to debate - he offers to negotiate. And like children, we refuse to talk.

All we are doing is setting the stage for confrontation - tests - and war. Like america Iran has done bad things. This is not a reason act like children. If they have something to say - lets hear it. If we can negotiate small things - then lets do it. We may learn something - and if nothing else we get the small things. Talking is not a sign of weakness with good people - with confident people - with trust worthy people. Talking is only a sign of weakness for the weak and for liars.

Oh, OK ... A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed.
    :)
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Are you Iranian? What's with the "our vow" stuff? Why are you such an apologist for terrorist? Why do you hate the people of Israel so much? You always talk like you side with with the Iranians.

You know, I seriously think I am done with this place. After the shutdown, things got sane and rational for a short while. I had some great debates with people like Cosmo ... Now, the bad stuff is creeping back in. I've got some theories as to why, but there's no point in sharing them.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    can you translate that for me?

Oh please, you know what I ment. Even if those "Tow" missiles were, in fact, sold to Iran by Israel in the 80's, they have nothing to do with "how many of those missiles of iran's rained down on israel". You just assumed they have = false fact.
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    Your too funneh.

What are these watch lists that you like to threaten people with?

Is it a "Lover of Peace and Humanity" watch list?

Is it a "Hater of the right to wage war and be American" watch list?
    Haven't you been banned yet? Geez....Why am I not surprised to see you on the " I love Iranian President" Board...
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    Its propaganda on our part. Israel occupies their land.. a very old conflict that we all know about and shared by virtually the entire middle east. Just another excuse to be ignorant - another excuse for us to kill at will. A free pass for us to ignore their attempts for peace. An excuse for us to kill Iraqis - an excuse for us to kill Lebanese - an excuse for us to kill Iranians.

We word it more to your liking - so our vow to wipe the Middle East off the map is peaceful.
    According to the the United Nations it's Israel's land. As for the entire Middle East....well isn't that a little subjective considering the entire Middle East is Muslim? No one is looking for an excuse to kill innocent people. However when you have some midget former hostage taker (Ahmadnejian) threatening to wipe Israel off the map and is presently arming people with the weapons to do it what do youy expect Israel to do? Sorry the jews just won't walk into the gas chambers for you this time. So enough about who is innocent here. Hezbollah started this shit and Israel finished it. Quit crying.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    Are you israeli? Whats with the "Our Israeli" allies crap? Why are you such an apologist for state wielded terrorism, for the ghettoisation of Gaza and the West Bank, for the slow withering death meted out to the Palestinians, a death supported, aided and abetted by our governments? Why do you hate the Arab peoples so much, the Palestinains? the Iranians?

You always talk like you side with the Israelis.

Uno Question, por favor.

How many nations has Ahmadinejad invaded?
    this is exactly what im talking about. this guy was a ring leader who held american hostages in Iran and you defend him. he threatens the United States almost daily. israel and the united states have the right to defend themselves either jointly or unilaterally as does any nation on earth. this is not a discussion on Iraq which is another story altogether. That was a piss poor operation on piss poor initelligence and we fucked it up. we invaded the wrong country and we agree on that. we should have invaded iran who is still the biggest threat to regional peace in that area. they have been since 1979 or did you miss that part of history?

Abu and Stain are clearly Palestinian sympathizers. That is fine. That is their right to say that and make their racist allegations about Israel time and again. But as Americans we have the right to respond and call a spade a spade.

You both sound like your living in the wrong country. If you hate us so much move to Tehran. Unless of course you already have a place there....
  • Options
    Are you israeli? Whats with the "Our Israeli" allies crap? Why are you such an apologist for state wielded terrorism, for the ghettoisation of Gaza and the West Bank, for the slow withering death meted out to the Palestinians, a death supported, aided and abetted by our governments? Why do you hate the Arab peoples so much, the Palestinains? the Iranians?

You always talk like you side with the Israelis.

Uno Question, por favor.

How many nations has Ahmadinejad invaded?
    Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persians. Quit speaking out of your lower extremities if you dont know what your talking about
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    no.. thats just your narrow way of looking at things. I only call for our working with them with a goal of peaceful coexisting and understanding.

not your preferred way of naming them, judging them, ignoring them and bombing them

you kill and make more enemies and more worldwide tension

Never once did I apologize, or even address their actions. It is only the wests actions I am talking about. But you hear what you want to here - which is why people like you expect war is inevidable
    Stop posting your illiterate crap here.
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i wonder how many of those missiles of iran's that 'rained down on israel' were part of the thousands of missiles israel sold iran for us in the 80's?
    We dont make Katyushas...Thats a Russian product
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    None, actually. We're talking about modern missiles originally made in Russia, which were sold to Iran. Even the old rockets ("katyusha") were originally made in Russia, and got upgraded in Iran & Syria.

FYI, Russia is still making huge weapond-deals with Iran, which is why they were so involved in the latest mid east crisis.
    on these morons who think we sell iranians katyushas and that iranians are arabs. cmon, these guys have never looked at a newspaper that wasn't written in Dubai.