Options

Radical Christian Fundamentalism

2»

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    How quickly so many people perpetually fall endlessly into a fascist state of mind.

Think about thinking. Your brain observes, and judges something, an action takes place, and the thought or process is concluded.

Everyone is born into facism, and many don't even realize it in how they percieve things all around them. We bring our children up as facists. We work for facists. Facism is everywhere.

Now you got the meddling self proclaimed "do gooder" housewives bored out of their lousy nits that try to run everone elses lives in the neighborhood around them. They can't come to grips that their lives didn't turn out like a cheezy romance novel or soap opera, so they get all angry and hateful. There's so many levels of this blinding ignorance it's insane. Much of the ignorance in society needs to be peeled away like layers of an onion, before they will ever have any hope of really understsanding.

So many people believe they are right - no matter what. They will start lying, bending the truth, avoiding the facts or helpful evidence etc...all to maintain whatever idea or belief they are trying to preserve. Even if they are harmless! What gets me is that it's all extremely transparent,and they don't even realize it.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
    :)
    My brain must be clouded by too much fascism.
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    How quickly so many people perpetually fall endlessly into a fascist state of mind.

Think about thinking. Your brain observes, and judges something, an action takes place, and the thought or process is concluded.

Everyone is born into facism, and many don't even realize it in how they percieve things all around them. We bring our children up as facists. We work for facists. Facism is everywhere.

Now you got the meddling self proclaimed "do gooder" housewives bored out of their lousy nits that try to run everone elses lives in the neighborhood around them. They can't come to grips that their lives didn't turn out like a cheezy romance novel or soap opera, so they get all angry and hateful. There's so many levels of this blinding ignorance it's insane. Much of the ignorance in society needs to be peeled away like layers of an onion for them before they will ever have any hope of really understsanding on their own.

So many people believe they are right - no matter what. They will start lying, bending the truth, avoiding the facts, or helpful evidence etc...all to maintain whatever idea or belief they are trying to preserve. Even if they are harmless! What gets me is that it's all extremely transparent,and they don't even realize it.
    Fascism

1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
    2. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Do elaborate, please.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
    My brain must be clouded by too much fascism.

Perhaps. Ultimately, above all else, you will dictate what is "right" for yourself in your own mind. How often you "pause" to evaluate the process effectively is greatly affected by your social circumstances, health & genetics, family, education, professional status, etc...

Not a lot of big corporation retail workers, and average joe publics, are going to be grasping at this level of ideology of self anytime soon if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Perhaps. Ultimately, above all else, you will dictate what is "right" for yourself in your own mind. How often you "pause" to evaluate the process effectively is greatly affected by your social circumstances, health & genetics, family, education, professional status, etc...

Not a lot of big corporation retail workers, and average joe publics, are going to be grasping at this level of ideology of self anytime soon if you know what I mean.

Ok, this sounds more Buber-ish than anything, but I'm officially curious.......all the above relates to actual fascism how?
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    all the above relates to actual fascism how?

Indeed ... I mean, I can see how some people's thought processes might be more or less condusive to living in a fascist state. But the link here isn't clear to me.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Do elaborate, please.

Dictatorial control. The mindset of a dictator. Control over another for whatever reason. From day to day life all the way up to those in power.

We do it all the time, we are enveloped by it. Do "this" or else philosophy. Always get what you want...stop at nothing. Winning is everything, and second place is the first place loser.
  • Options
    Indeed ... I mean, I can see how some people's thought processes might be more or less condusive to living in a fascist state. But the link here isn't clear to me.

We all think like fascists all the time at varying degrees and levels. fascist: "A reactionary or dictatorial person". We all react and dictate our beliefs on everything all around us all the time. What makes one person right one right over the other?
  • Options
    We all think like fascists all the time at varying degrees and levels. fascist: "A reactionary or dictatorial person". We all react and dictate our beliefs on everything all around us all the time. What makes one person right one right over the other?

OK, I guess I can concede that. My question to you is, what's wrong with this state of affairs? How could we have a society at all, in the absence of people dictating their beliefs? Obviously too much dictation can and does occur. But some degree of social influence is necessary, or we don't have the basic social contract that is a society. Maybe some would view no society as a good thing? Not I.
  • Options
    Dictatorial control. The mindset of a dictator. Control over another for whatever reason. From day to day life all the way up to those in power.

We do it all the time, we are enveloped by it. Do "this" or else philosophy. Always get what you want...stop at nothing. Winning is everything, and second place is the first place loser.
    That sounds like the claims of someone who has issues with authority. Authority is part of accountability in most all cultures in our world today. Without such accountability, civilization would be reduced to a state of anarchy. Authority is not MEANT to act with unreasonable demands upon a society or an individual.
  • Options
    OK, I guess I can concede that. My question to you is, what's wrong with this state of affairs? How could we have a society at all, in the absence of people dictating their beliefs? Obviously too much dictation can and does occur. But some degree of social influence is necessary, or we don't have the basic social contract that is a society. Maybe some would view no society as a good thing? Not I.

I know. I often look at how savage the animal realm is, and I wonder if there really can be any other way. This whole race, religion, and perpetual scramble for dominance, and how it affects all our lives, it's really getting out of hand.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    That sounds like the claims of someone who has issues with authority. Authority is part of accountability in most all cultures in our world today. Without such accountability, civilization would be reduced to a state of anarchy. Authority is not MEANT to act with unreasonable demands upon a society or an individual.

So would you then attempt to exert your percieved authority over my observations to claim that I have issues? That's one part of my original point.

I am analyzing the actions of the world at large today and comparing them to how we are hardwired to think and react towards others from birth.
  • Options
    So would you then attempt to exert your percieved authority over my observations to claim that I have issues? That's one part of my original point.
    Did I say I was attempting to exert my perceived authority over your observations? :confused: It was merely my interpretation of what you have claimed. How you choose to respond to/interpret what I have said is entirely your prerogative. I know--that's thoroughly un-fascist of me. Sorry to bust your bubble.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    This thread is the definition of hate. The thread starter took an article that had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity and twisted it to fit his agenda (hatred) against Christianity. How are we supposed to take these folks seriously when they post something like this?

but that is exactly my point. I have no hate. Just trying to demonstrate exactly what we are doing to Islam.

How is it you understand this to be hate? I call some Christian's actions Radical Christian Fundamentalism. And you understand that as a racist hateful comment

yet everyone routinely do the same to the actions of bad people of Islamic faith - and that is ok.

We have demonized the people of the middle east and associated them with the actions of their bad people. when there are equally the same amount of bad people of the Christian faith -

My point is only to demonstrate how we wrongly and hatefully label the good people of the Middle East.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Abuskedti wrote:

but that is exactly my point. I have no hate. Just trying to demonstrate exactly what we are doing to Islam.

How is it you understand this to be hate? I call some Christian's actions Radical Christian Fundamentalism. And you understand that as a racist hateful comment

yet everyone routinely do the same to the actions of bad people of Islamic faith - and that is ok.

We have demonized the people of the middle east and associated them with the actions of their bad people. when there are equally the same amount of bad people of the Christian faith -

My point is only to demonstrate how we wrongly and hatefully label the good people of the Middle East.

THis is a typical liberal response. WHen everyone around the world is fighting against radical islam they like to blame christians..yes its the christians fault. lol. Ahh i cant wait for Frist to be pres in 08
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    We have demonized the people of the middle east and associated them with the actions of their bad people.
    And yet, mysteriously, both from the media and on the message boards, you see people go to great pains to clarify that the statements they are making about militant radical Islamic fundamentalists are not reflective of a general feeling about Muslims.

If you ask me, the ones who make noise about "profiling" or whatever are the ones who keep personifying the very thing they claim to speak out against.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    dkst0426 wrote:
    And yet, mysteriously, both from the media and on the message boards, you see people go to great pains to clarify that the statements they are making about militant radical Islamic fundamentalists are not reflective of a general feeling about Muslims.

If you ask me, the ones who make noise about "profiling" or whatever are the ones who keep personifying the very thing they claim to speak out against.

I noticed that too.. first they establish the hateful connection to justify the deaths of the day..

Then much like Jerry Seinfeld saying - "Not that there is anything wrong with that"