Options

Radical Christian Fundamentalism

AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Diocese: Priest spent $1.4 million on tony lifestyle

CNN) -- One person was killed and five others were wounded, three critically, in a shooting at the Jewish Federation in downtown Seattle, Washington, police said.

Police have detained a Pakistani suspect, said a law enforcement official.

Authorities do not believe the suspect was affiliated with any radical political or religious group, said FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge David Gomez.

"We believe, at this point, it's just a lone individual acting out some kind of antagonism toward this particular organization," he said.

The FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force is helping with the investigation because the attack involved a religious organization, police said.

Several witnesses told The Associated Press they saw a man shoot a woman on a sidewalk near the building.

One witness on the first floor of the building told the AP she heard shots and crashing sounds on the second floor.

Five victims, all women, were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center, according to a media line at the hospital. Three victims required surgery for injuries to the knee, groin, abdomen or arm. The hospital listed them in critical condition.

The other two injured women were in satisfactory condition, according to Harborview Medical Center. The hospital said one of the two women is five months pregnant.

While responding Friday afternoon to reports of shots fired being fired at the center, police received a call from a man identifying himself as the gunman who said he was holding people hostage, Assistant Police Chief Jim Pugel said. An officer "was able to talk him out" of the building, he said.

The suspect "was confronted by officers and peacefully gave up," said Assistant Police Chief Nick Metz.

A vehicle belonging to the suspect was found nearby, and bomb and explosives technicians examined it "to make sure it's safe," Metz said.

Police do not suspect there were other gunmen, but they are investigating whether accomplices were involved, Metz said. More than 10 people were thought to be in the building at the time of the shootings.

Seattle police issued a bulletin Thursday asking officers to closely monitor synagogues and Jewish organizations, Metz said.

The Anti-Defamation League has been warning Jewish institutions to make sure they have ample security because of the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, said Robert Jacobs, Pacific Northwest regional director for the league.

If an institution cannot provide adequate security, it might be better for Jews "not to congregate in one location that might be an obvious site," he said.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Uhh...what does this have to do with Christians?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    know1 wrote:

Maybe he was just trying to draw attention, because apparantly we have an "ANTI-CHRISTIAN/ISREAL/AMERICA and PRO MUSLIM" vibe going on on this board.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    know1 wrote:

Thats the trouble with cut n paste jobs, sometimes you mix em up?> I dont get the title either. What gives?
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    know1 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Abuskedti wrote:

Police have detained a Pakistani suspect, said a law enforcement official.

Authorities do not believe the suspect was affiliated with any radical political or religious group, said FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge David Gomez.

"We believe, at this point, it's just a lone individual acting out some kind of antagonism toward this particular organization," he said.

These two points directly from the article. Absolutely shameless title, Abu. You deserve any and all ripping you get for this
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    My guess, is for fear of censorship, shell get none.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    These two points directly from the article. Absolutely shameless title, Abu. You deserve any and all ripping you get for this

well.. its the same kind of association that has our entire country labeling radical Islamic fundamentalists - empowering us to murder Iraqis
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Abuskedti wrote:
    well.. its the same kind of association that has our entire country labeling radical Islamic fundamentalists - empowering us to murder Iraqis
    Bullshit.

"Radical" Christian "fundamentalists" who espouse any type of violence against anyone are roundly called out among Christian circles in public and on message boards for disgracing the very faith they claim to uphold.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Bullshit.

"Radical" Christian "fundamentalists" who espouse any type of violence against anyone are roundly called out among Christian circles in public and on message boards for disgracing the very faith they claim to uphold.

:)

We call middle easterners

Insurgents
    Terrorists
    Radical fundamentalists

then we kill them

for actions taken by their criminals

well Christians have criminals..

same should apply..

for all crimes committed by Christians - I suppose they should be linked and labeled say as Radical Christian Fundamentalists
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Bullshit.

well said.....using the example of Christians blowing up abortion clinics. As far as i can recall, i never saw another Christian jumping and celebrating in the streets for destroying the clinic.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

Insurgents
    Terrorists
    Radical fundamentalists

then we kill them

same should apply..

for all crimes committed by Christians - I suppose they should be linked and labeled say as Radical Christian Fundamentalists

cuts both ways....
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

Insurgents
    Terrorists
    Radical fundamentalists

then we kill them

If you do that, and promote it as you do by starting a topic, then you're guilty of perpetuating that which you claim to be against (besides trying to advance a very transparent agenda against Christians). I know quite a few Arabs, and I have never called them any of the above.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    If you do that, and promote it as you do by starting a topic, then you're guilty of perpetuating that which you claim to be against (besides trying to advance a very transparent agenda against Christians). I know quite a few Arabs, and I have never called them any of the above.

I have nothing against Christians..

People are so transparantly racist. They can't see the obvious, unless you slap them in the face with it.

one of the things many dumb ass white americans have in common and among the very few they hold dear is their religion.

So slap!

its not their religion that makes them ignorant.. that is another of their choices.
  • Options
    Yeah, generalizing all Americans of a particular skin tone doesn't reflect anything about what you're trying to espouse at all. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Yeah, generalizing all Americans of a particular skin tone doesn't reflect anything about what you're trying to espouse at all. :rolleyes:

I have no power to hurt the horrible people that support what we are doing.

Only hope to lift the blinders so they can stop themselves.
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Abuskedti wrote:
    People are so transparantly racist.
    Abuskedti wrote:
    one of the things many dumb ass white americans

I guess it's okay to be racist as long as you're talking about "dumb ass white americans".

How convenient.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    I wonder what the outrage on this board would be like if I used the phrase "dumb ass black Americans" in one of my posts.

It's amazing how people like Abu can make these comments, and since he's talking about white people, all of you who consider yourselves "tolerant and progressive" don't call him out on it.

I want him to apologize for his racist remarks.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    I wonder what the outrage on this board would be like if I used the phrase "dumb ass black Americans" in one of my posts.

It's amazing how people like Abu can make these comments, and since he's talking about white people, all of you who consider yourselves "tolerant and progressive" don't call him out on it.

Christian leaders molest children... and accept those that molest children - what will this bring?

these christians?
  • Options
    George Bush, the Christian, the leader of the United States of America killing Iraqis in his God's name.
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:) I am not sorry about anything.
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

Christian leaders molest children... and accept those that molest children - what will this bring?

these christians?
    Yes, the Christian faith accepts child molestors. Just as it accepts alcoholics, rapists, murderers, prostitutes, adulterers, and (insert sin here). Why? Because it accepts people like that who repent, because we are ALL sinners.

And those "Christian" (please note use of quotation marks) leaders you speak of? Remember how I said certain segments of the Christian population get called out by true Christians? Yeah, that.

It's painfully obvious that you're trying to antagonize and stir the pot. To those who are tempted to post a visceral response to Abuskedti, I say only the following: it's not worth it getting worked up over such bile.
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    :) I am not sorry about anything.

So are you willing to admit that you made a racist remark?
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    hailhailkc wrote:

So do I, especially because many of his earlier posts suggest that he's much smarter than that.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Just out of curiosity, do threads where people make racist remarks about non-whites ever get locked?
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

Man, are you ever full of shit!! LMFAO
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

Insurgents
    Terrorists
    Radical fundamentalists

then we kill them

same should apply..

ROTFL! Stop! My sides hurt!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    This thread is the definition of hate. The thread starter took an article that had absolutely nothing to do with Christianity and twisted it to fit his agenda (hatred) against Christianity. How are we supposed to take these folks seriously when they post something like this?
  • Options
    . How are we supposed to take these folks seriously when they post something like this?

I don't.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    How quickly so many people perpetually fall endlessly into a fascist state of mind.

Think about thinking. Your brain observes, and judges something, an action takes place, and the thought or process is concluded.

Everyone is born into facism, and many don't even realize it in how they percieve things all around them. We bring our children up as facists. We work for facists. Facism is everywhere.

Now you got the meddling self proclaimed "do gooder" housewives bored out of their lousy nits that try to run everone elses lives in the neighborhood around them. They can't come to grips that their lives didn't turn out like a cheezy romance novel or soap opera, so they get all angry and hateful. There's so many levels of this blinding ignorance it's insane. Much of the ignorance in society needs to be peeled away like layers of an onion for them before they will ever have any hope of really understsanding on their own.

So many people believe they are right - no matter what. They will start lying, bending the truth, avoiding the facts, or helpful evidence etc...all to maintain whatever idea or belief they are trying to preserve. Even if they are harmless! What gets me is that it's all extremely transparent,and they don't even realize it.