Options

Fight Anti-arab Racism

13»

Comments

• Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    Actually I can deny that. The problem with that thinking as I see it is your constant exposure to our society that has brought you to an inner comfort that it is somehow logical.

No. My point said nothing about our society other than a sideways nod that it is more logical than theirs. The very fact that you now have to play the moral equivalence card basically proves my point.
    I'd list the things our society does that defy logic and common sence, but it would only sound like America bashing and if you took the time to think about it you could write a really long book

I'd certainly agree that many things America does as a society "defy logic and common sense". What does that have to do with Muslim society?
    We have bombed the shit out of Iraq. It is not a stretch to think they consider us an enemy. they are not killing each other - they are killing those they see as helping us destroy them.

It is not a stretch to think they consider us an enemy. They do consider us an enemy (at least many of them, that is). They considered us an enemy before we "bombed the shit out of Iraq". They considered us an enemy before we "occupied their lands". They will continue to consider us an enemy for a very long time.

Furthermore, they are killing each other. As a matter of fact, they are often killing themselves.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    truroute wrote:
    Insurgents should quit hiding in said houses w/ kids.

this can go on all day man.

It sure can: Americans should stop invading foreign countries and creating insurgents.
  • Options
    The very fact that you now have to play the moral equivalence card basically proves my point.

They considered us an enemy before we "bombed the shit out of Iraq". They considered us an enemy before we "occupied their lands". They will continue to consider us an enemy for a very long time.

As for your first point. I don't believe that anyone should have to apologise for applying moral equivalency in whatever context.

As for your second point. Why do you think that 'they' considered you an enemy before you "bombed the shit out of Iraq"? Or do you believe that they had no reason, or cause, to regard you as an enemy?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    As for your first point. I don't believe that anyone should have to apologise for applying moral equvalency in whatever context.

They do when they're trying to equate two things that are not morally equal.
    As for your second point. Why do you think that 'they' considered you an enemy before you "bombed the shit out of Iraq"? Or do you believe that they had no reason, or cause, to regard you as an enemy?

They had much reason to regard me as an enemy. I am a threat to the control they have over their people.
  • Options
    They had much reason to regard me as an enemy. I am a threat to the control they have over their people.

Are we talking about ordinary Iraqi's or about Iraqi religious and/or political leaders?
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932

You cannot deny that Muslim societies are dominated by illogical, backwards thinking to a degree much greater than nearly any place on Earth. And it isn't because we (or anyone else) has been patrolling their streets with tanks.

Oh, but I can.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    Oh, but I can.

How?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Are we talking about ordinary Iraqi's or about Iraqi religious and/or political leaders?

The latter.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    How?

There are plenty of Muslim societies that are not dominated by illogical, backwards thinking...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    They do when they're trying to equate two things that are not morally equal.

So the majority of Arabs don't hate the American Goverment for it's 100% support of Israel, or of it's long-term economic warfare in the Middle East? They simply hate all Americans because they see you as a threat to the control that their leaders have/had over them? Interesting, although somewhat wrong.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So the majority of Arabs don't hate the American Goverment for it's 100% support of Israel, or of it's long-term economic warfare in the Middle East?

Umm...where did I say that? Certainly Arabs are not pleased with America's support for Israel. But many Arabs despised The West long before Israel even existed. And certainly many Arabs are not pleased with America's "long-term economic warfare" in the Middle East. But many Arabs despised The West long before that "warfare" even began.
    They simply hate all Americans because they see you as a threat to the control that their leaders have/had over them? Interesting, although somewhat wrong.

Many arab societies are built primarily upon foundations of faith and fear. The bulldozers of faith and fear are logic and hope, respectively. And The West, as a whole, has traditionally valued logic over faith and hope over fear. Furthermore, many Arab cultures held those values as well in their recent pasts. And the departure from them is the primary cause of their misery. Our meddling and mistakes are secondary.
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    There are plenty of Muslim societies that are not dominated by illogical, backwards thinking...

There are plenty of Muslims that are not dominated by illogical, backwards thinking. There are are few Muslim societies not dominated by illogical, backwards thinking.
  • Options
    truroute wrote:
    There ya go! You got me figured out bud. 9/11 solidified my opinion of muslims. Man you're good.

moron.
    Moron? I was merely fulfilling your request to list anything good that Islam had produced. And contrary to your belief, not all Muslims are "arabs".

'Borat' solidified MY opinion of Americans as ignorant, uneducated, inbred facists.

^Your ideology, with a twist!
  • Options
    Umm...where did I say that? Certainly Arabs are not pleased with America's support for Israel. But many Arabs despised The West long before Israel even existed. And certainly many Arabs are not pleased with America's "long-term economic warfare" in the Middle East. But many Arabs despised The West long before that "warfare" even began.

Many arab societies are built primarily upon foundations of faith and fear. The bulldozers of faith and fear are logic and hope, respectively. And The West, as a whole, has traditionally valued logic over faith and hope over fear. Furthermore, many Arab cultures held those values as well in their recent pasts. And the departure from them is the primary cause of their misery. Our meddling and mistakes are secondary.

Where do you get this skewered understanding of Arabs from? A christmas cracker?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where do you get this skewered understanding of Arabs from? A christmas cracker?

That's an excellent counterpoint. Interesting that your rebuttals to statements about Arab societies centered around the qualitiies of American society and, when that failed, me personally. Perhaps you could now make fun of my mother, or maybe call my sister a whore.
  • Options
    Perhaps you could now make fun of my mother, or maybe call my sister a whore.

Perhaps I could. But I won't degenerate that low. Although if I happened to be of Arab origin then In light of your racist crap today, I probably would.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    No. My point said nothing about our society other than a sideways nod that it is more logical than theirs. The very fact that you now have to play the moral equivalence card basically proves my point.

Granted you didn say our society.. you said all others.. I thought that included us. It was you that chose to compare them with everyone else - and rate them worse... I guess Moral equivalence is bad, but moral inequality is good?

hmmm they didn't like us before we invaded them... wonder if they thought we were the kind of people that would bomb them one day.
  • Options
    But many Arabs despised The West long before Israel even existed....many Arabs despised The West long before that "warfare" even began.

I'm not going to descend into personal insults here, but I am convinced that you are simply making stuff up as you go along, with absolutely no reference to the facts. It is blatantly obvious that you know nothing about Arab culture or history yet you have concocted this one-eyed racist fantasy. You talk about Arab culture being based on faith and fear and the opposite being hope and logic. You have no knowledge of Arab scientific achievements, philosophy, or history.
    Do yourself a favour and pick up a history book or two. Perhaps you could begin with 'Orientalism' by Edward Said: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orientalism-Western-Conceptions-Penguin-Classics/dp/0141187425/sr=1-1/qid=1163792536/ref=sr_1_1/026-8449191-6268465?ie=UTF8&s=books
  • Options
    Moron? I was merely fulfilling your request to list anything good that Islam had produced. And contrary to your belief, not all Muslims are "arabs".

'Borat' solidified MY opinion of Americans as ignorant, uneducated, inbred facists.

^Your ideology, with a twist!
    fuck you.what the fuck do you know.I jus saw ure My Space.Ur not even old enough to drink!!!
    I’d thank my lucky stars,
    to be livin here today.
    ‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
    and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
    where at least I know I’m free.
    And I wont forget the men who died,
    who gave that right to me.
  • Options
    Dino283 wrote:
    fuck you.what the fuck do you know.I jus saw ure My Space.Ur not even old enough to drink!!!

The return of Dino!! We missed you today man!! Always a guaranteed laugh!! :D
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm not going to descend into personal insults here, but I am convinced that you are simply making stuff up as you go along, with absolutely no reference to the facts. It is blatantly obvious that you know nothing about Arab culture or history yet you have concocted this one-eyed racist fantasy. You talk about Arab culture being based on faith and fear and the opposite being hope and logic. You have no knowledge of Arab scientific achievements, philosophy, or history.

I know much of Arab scientific achievements and philosophy. My points revolve around the fact that those achievements are in the past. So I'll repeat:

"And The West, as a whole, has traditionally valued logic over faith and hope over fear. Furthermore, many Arab cultures held those values as well in their recent pasts. And the departure from them is the primary cause of their misery. Our meddling and mistakes are secondary."
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    Granted you didn say our society.. you said all others.. I thought that included us. It was you that chose to compare them with everyone else - and rate them worse... I guess Moral equivalence is bad, but moral inequality is good?

Moral inequality is good when two moralities are unequal. Moral equivalence is good when two moralities are equal.
    hmmm they didn't like us before we invaded them... wonder if they thought we were the kind of people that would bomb them one day.

Ah, so now they're all-seeing? Well then you might as well stop advocating for us to stop bombing them since, if that were in the cards, they probably would be nice to us, huh?
  • Options
    Dino283 wrote:
    Why, thanks for taking to the time to find my myspace. Do you have one? Or do they not have digital cameras in Mobile? Old enough to drink? I certainly am.

Kudos for the 'fuck you' though. That was courageous.