Options

Russian scientist predicts global COOLING!

2»

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    seanw1010 wrote:
    fuck you and your naiveity. if there was a god(whic i dont belive there is, and im 13,) then why woul all this shit be happening right now

relax, young'un...perhaps if you google "sarcasm", you may understand....

by the way, the last time I was told to fuck off by a 13 year old, I was working in a program for adjudicated teens many moons ago...

thanks for the laugh...:)
  • Options
    seanw1010 wrote:
    fuck you and your naiveity

Isn't this the reason this train was shutdown just a few days ago???? CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    A bunch of my stoned friends came to the conclusion that if there is some intermittent cooling through the global warming we should all be okay as it will cancel each other out and nothing at all but attitudes, opinions and age will change. So take that to bed tonight knowing that you will be safe for years to come.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    If I could repeat the remarks I'd like to i'd be banned for 2 days again.

So i'll say it lightly.

The starter of this thread is an extremely biased and uneducated person (uneducated on the issue i mean).

Either that or a strait-up Stephen Colbertish parody...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options

So i'll say it lightly.

The starter of this thread is an extremely biased and uneducated person (uneducated on the issue i mean).

Why do you dare say that about me?? I didn't write the article, just posting what a scientist reported! Maybe you can vent to him, not ME.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Why do you dare say that about me?? I didn't write the article, just posting what a scientist reported! Maybe you can vent to him, not ME.

Thank you!
    You've been posting every one of these right winged sensationlist anti-global warming threads on the forum for the last month or so it seems. So YOU are bringing these issues to hand without ever actually backing up claims against the global warming science.

But anyway, i've decided you're a parody :p

"Make our day"
  • Options
    geez, i'm guessing that science has evolved since the 70s.

Science can be wrong before it gets it right...that is a fact proven time and again in history. So, if you can't be open to the concept that mainstream science could be outwitted by future science then I guess we are always right in the present tense.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    Ok, WHICH IS IT?????????

Russian scientist predicts global cooling
    MOSCOW, Aug. 25 (UPI) -- A Russian scientist predicts a period of global cooling in coming decades, followed by a warmer interval.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov expects a repeat of the period known as the Little Ice Age. During the 16th century, the Baltic Sea froze so hard that hotels were built on the ice for people crossing the sea in coaches.

The Little Ice Age is believed to have contributed to the end of the Norse colony in Greenland, which was founded during an interval of much warmer weather.

Abdusamatov and his colleagues at the Russian Academy of Sciences astronomical observatory said the prediction is based on measurement of solar emissions, Novosti reported. They expect the cooling to begin within a few years and to reach its peak between 2055 and 2060.

"The Kyoto initiatives to save the planet from the greenhouse effect should be put off until better times," he said. "The global temperature maximum has been reached on Earth, and Earth's global temperature will decline to a climatic minimum even without the Kyoto protocol."

I think he's wrong, the mini ice ages come when the earth's orbit is far less round and more oval around the sun, which is about a 100,000 yr occurance, we are in the rounder orbit of the sun at the moment...but then the sun can explode tomorrow, who knows?
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    I think he's wrong, the mini ice ages come when the earth's orbit is far less round and more oval around the sun, which is about a 100,000 yr occurance, we are in the rounder orbit of the sun at the moment...but then the sun can explode tomorrow, who knows?
    You're right about the ice age thing.

it's once every 100,000 years for about 10,000 years, yeah?

"Make our day"
  • Options
    You've been posting every one of these right winged sensationlist anti-global warming threads on the forum for the last month or so it seems. So YOU are bringing these issues to hand without ever actually backing up claims against the global warming science.

But anyway, i've decided you're a parody :p

I had absolutely no idea that a russian scientist was part of a right wing sensation. Cmon, no need for attacking me.
    Remember, this place IS for discussion. There are countless posts on warming, so, ppl should be able to post data that shows global cooling right? We can discuss this right??
  • Options
    countless posts on warming due to countless data suggesting it is fact, no doubt.

and then there's your lonely little russian scientist, and your lonely little thread....

my goodness, guess I'll have to find more data and statements from other scientists out there and make more threads.

thanks for the idea!!
  • Options
    countless posts on warming due to countless data suggesting it is fact, no doubt.

and then there's your lonely little russian scientist, and your lonely little thread....
    do a search.. I bet this dude's put up at least 5 or 6 completely foundless articles far worse than this. :rolleyes:

"Make our day"
  • Options
    You're right about the ice age thing.

it's once every 100,000 years for about 10,000 years, yeah?

not necessarily, the earth has a 100,000 yr orbit cycle, that changes from somewhat round to a warped oval around the sun, in the oval part, earth's orbit is 300,000 million miles longer and the time away from the sun is further which leads to ice ages. This is an accepted theory at the moment.

Other causes of mini ice ages are huge volcanic eruptions that blanket the earth's atmosphere for several months, that's enough to send a mini mini ice age of a few hundred years.

I'm sure there are other large factors, or many smaller factors that can lead to the same thing.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    relax, young'un...perhaps if you google "sarcasm", you may understand....

by the way, the last time I was told to fuck off by a 13 year old, I was working in a program for adjudicated teens many moons ago...

thanks for the laugh...:)
    \

Isnt there an age limit round here? There's so many other limits, I'd think age of participants an obvious one.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options

So i'll say it lightly.

He didnt make up the links provided. He didnt say pollution is good. He didnt say anything biased or uneducated. Perhaps you are the uneducated one, or simply afraid to look at actual facts or view points other than your own. If this thread bothers you enough to make you think and feel things that would get you banned from here, then perhaps you should spend more time in the AET area. Or simply ignore his threads and him. Referring to another thread around here, ignorance is bliss. Go be happy.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad