Options

There goes the Neighborhood

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Don't have a link yet, but syria now fully and officially supports Hezbollah in it's fight against Israel! Which, of course, Iran supports syria.

Here we go!! Hang on folks!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DMITCH8080DMITCH8080 Posts: 18
    Where did you hear this? News? Internet?
  • Options
    DMITCH8080 wrote:
    Where did you hear this? News? Internet?

I was flippin thru channels and caught it briefly. It was on one of the cable channels. Searching the wires now, but haven't found it. when i heard it bout 20 minutes ago it said, "this just in"...

I was in the other room, so still checking.
  • Options
    Ok, just caught it. not surprising, i heard the infamous fox news alert. (they do a fox news alert everytime someone takes a dump) It reads:

Syria says it will come to defense of Lebanon and Hezbollah!!!!

HERE WE GO!
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Yeah, I saw that too. It's a worldwide suicide.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Is it me or does it seem like Israel may be the terrorists here....?
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    It's on.... for real.... really this time...

For those of us in our mid-late 20s, we've watched this simmer our whole lives - and it's about to boil over like never before...
  • Options
    NakedClown wrote:
    It's on.... for real.... really this time...

For those of us in our mid-late 20s, we've watched this simmer our whole lives - and it's about to boil over like never before...
    Goddamn warmonging countries. I've never wished more that Israel wasn't the 51st state....
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Maybe now this middle east problem will be solved once and for all. All out war= one side must win. And my money is on the allies. Im neither glad nor happy about war, despite what you all may think, but if its gonna happen (and it was bound to), at least there's the knowledge that Israel can most likely win all on their own. And if need be, they have allies. Once a certain line is crossed, they CANT afford to go in half assed, it'll have to be all or none.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Maybe now this middle east problem will be solved once and for all. All out war= one side must win. And my money is on the allies. Im neither glad nor happy about war, despite what you all may think, but if its gonna happen (and it was bound to), at least there's the knowledge that Israel can most likely win all on their own. And if need be, they have allies. Once a certain line is crossed, they CANT afford to go in half assed, it'll have to be all or none.

on their own? Israel is using US gunships in their war. US tanks, US guns, US bullets, US armor, US jets, US surveillance, US satellites, US support.

Most definetly not on their own.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1990/BCE.htm
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    on their own? Israel is using US gunships in their war. US tanks, US guns, US bullets, US armor, US jets, US surveillance, US satellites, US support.

Exactly...this is yet another american war in the middle-east. I want my government back.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:

I meant could. Also said they have allies. ;)

This conflict sucks. Totally agree on that. But I have to say that the other parties involved were just asking for war, and sometimes, as they say, be careful what you wish for. :(
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I hope the US stays the fuck out.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options

This conflict sucks. Totally agree on that. But I have to say that the other parties involved were just asking for war, and sometimes, as they say, be careful what you wish for. :(

Could? Could what? stand up on their own? Their wouldn't be an Israel without the United States...that should be obvious.

Asking for war? When hundreds of your people -and to the palestinians who have a strong sense of community and togetherness, unlike here in the United States-to lose ONE of their own is profound. They are going to try and get them back. And its not one, its hundreds of their people sitting in Israeli jails, women and CHILDREN.

Hezbollah was trying to get them back....so Israel started a war.
  • Options

Of course they were. The aim of terrorism is almost always to provoke overreaction.
  • Options
    Of course they were. The aim of terrorism is almost always to provoke overreaction.

Or reaction. Depending on your viewpoint I guess. This one was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back. No pun of any kind intended.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Terrrorism IS a reaction.
  • Options
    Exactly...this is yet another american war in the middle-east. I want my government back.

son of a bitch..... I knew it was only a short matter of time before OUR govt did this.

mother fuck!
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    If a war starts the US will most definately get involved and there will be screaming and crying to no end. If the US does not get involved and lets the two sides kill each other off there will be the same people saying, "How can the US let this happen". Think what you want of George Bush and his government but he has faced (and seemingly will face another) a number of dilemmas during his nearly 6 years in office. Regardless of what happens in the middle east the United States will be blamed for it by the rest of the world and by its own citizens. Don't think for a minute that there wouldn't have been the same amount of backlash and criticism of Bush if he had decided not to go into Iraq and Afghanastan. The criticism would have taken the form of "why aren't we defending our country". War is a terrible thing, but we don't live in a perfect world and sometimes it has to happen. So think for a while about both sides of a decision before we start pinning the problems in the middle east on the US and on George Bush.
    PS. I'm a Canadian, I'm curious as to what our government's reaction will be.
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    pjrvm wrote:
    If a war starts the US will most definately get involved and there will be screaming and crying to no end. If the US does not get involved and lets the two sides kill each other off there will be the same people saying, "How can the US let this happen". Think what you want of George Bush and his government but he has faced (and seemingly will face another) a number of dilemmas during his nearly 6 years in office. Regardless of what happens in the middle east the United States will be blamed for it by the rest of the world and by its own citizens. Don't think for a minute that there wouldn't have been the same amount of backlash and criticism of Bush if he had decided not to go into Iraq and Afghanastan. The criticism would have taken the form of "why aren't we defending our country". War is a terrible thing, but we don't live in a perfect world and sometimes it has to happen. So think for a while about both sides of a decision before we start pinning the problems in the middle east on the US and on George Bush.

This is a great post.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    Terrrorism IS a reaction.

yeah, wanting to exist tends to elicit reactions
  • Options
    pejamrlpejamrl Posts: 35
    Commy wrote:
    Could? Could what? stand up on their own? Their wouldn't be an Israel without the United States...that should be obvious.

Asking for war? When hundreds of your people -and to the palestinians who have a strong sense of community and togetherness, unlike here in the United States-to lose ONE of their own is profound. They are going to try and get them back. And its not one, its hundreds of their people sitting in Israeli jails, women and CHILDREN.

Hezbollah was trying to get them back....so Israel started a war.

Exactly, I mean how many people supporting Israel know that the escalation of violence started with Israel. When Israeli soldiers abducted two civilians from Gaza, a doctor and his brother. The location and fate of these two men are unknown. Then came the response which everyone here knows about quite well, Oh by the way the previous event happened on June 24th the next day an Israeli soldier was abducted, Corporal Gilad Shalit and then the military response by Israel.
    Mansfield Sept 16,98'
    Aug 29,30 00'
    Jul 2,3,11 03'
    Boston Sep 28,29 04'
    Borgata Sep 30 05'
    Hartford May 13 06'
    Boston May 24,25 06'
    Mansfield June 28, 30 08'
    Vedder solo tour Aug 1 08'
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    I hope the US stays the fuck out.

LOL!!!! Now, thats a good one!!!
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    pjrvm wrote:

Great post, just one question though. What would the backlash have been to not invading Iraq? I understand the propoganda released by the US suggesting that Sadam and Iraq posed a direct threat to the US, all of which has been later scaled down (I'm trying to be diplomatic here). Seriously, I think Sadam is a horrible excuse for a human, but I am not sure that most folks would have been upset if we didn't invade.

Afghanistan is a totally different subject, I completely agree with you on that.

I hope this makes sense, going on 24 hours with no sleep here.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    There was someone on the news channel saying that the U.S. is reduced to sitting on the sideline... I think that's where we should be.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    Great post, just one question though. What would the backlash have been to not invading Iraq? I understand the propoganda released by the US suggesting that Sadam and Iraq posed a direct threat to the US, all of which has been later scaled down (I'm trying to be diplomatic here). Seriously, I think Sadam is a horrible excuse for a human, but I am not sure that most folks would have been upset if we didn't invade.

Afghanistan is a totally different subject, I completely agree with you on that.

I hope this makes sense, going on 24 hours with no sleep here.

I don't mean to be a prick (well I am, AND i've also been sleep deprived) but I'm not sure what you're getting at with your post. If you hate W and think he lied, there are plenty of threads for that, threads that have yet to actually document any lies.

To me, this thread is about differences between people that live in a theoretical world where we can all hold hands and dance around camp fires together and people that understand that power corrupts, and that we are in a dangerous time.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    war.......what is it good for?

There goes the Neighborhood is a good joe walsh album.
  • Options
    There was someone on the news channel saying that the U.S. is reduced to sitting on the sideline... I think that's where we should be.

I will predict this! If this continues and syria AND Iran become involved (even tho most know iran is funding hezbollah) then the U.S. has no choice but to get involved and WILL.
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    war.......what is it good for?

existence.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    To me, this thread is about differences between people that live in a theoretical world where we can all hold hands and dance around camp fires together and people that understand that power corrupts, and that we are in a dangerous time.

See and here I thought this thread was about a current issue in which we can discuss and express our different opinions. I didn't realize that there was a right and a wrong opinion to have.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul