Options

My work computer can't pass the cookies test!?!?

Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
edited March 2008 in The Porch
What can I do? I am pretty limited to the system settings I can adjust here, but anyone have any suggestions? I used to be able to log-in no problem! I bought my E. Rutherford tix at work in 2006, but apparently something has changed, either on my end or the sites.

Any help at all, please!

- Dan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    From your Internet Explorer browser, go to Tools -> Internet Options. Click "Privacy" and change the setting to Accept All Cookies.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    jcckjcjcckjc Posts: 91
    Tools - Internet Options - Privacy. Move it to low and it should work.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    What can I do? I am pretty limited to the system settings I can adjust here, but anyone have any suggestions? I used to be able to log-in no problem! I bought my E. Rutherford tix at work in 2006, but apparently something has changed, either on my end or the sites.

Any help at all, please!

- Dan

Go to the tools setting on your browser and set it to allow cookies.

If you're using Mozilla go to tools, options then privacy and set it to allow cookies.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BUSH-lager wrote:

Any help at all, please!

- Dan

toolbar drop down...

tools... internet options... privacy... lower the security to :low" or "enable all cookies"

that will work... if you still have issues let me know and i can give you a call to help
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 383
    I was having that problem, regardless of settings, and it turned out that i had no problem if I went to pearljam.com, but couldn't make it work on tenclub.net. Give that a try maybe. Got that from someone on here.
  • Options
    What is 'privacy'? I go to tools, internet options, but I don't see a privacy tab or button? I would think if I couldn't access/change it, it would just be "greyed out" but I don't see it at all.

I am using IE, btw.

Thanks to everyone for your help. :)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    definitely log in from pearljam.com instead. i am on windows xp managed and dont have priveleges for privacy setting but another person from this forum gave me this valuable advise for the Ed solo shows and it worked.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    BUSH-LEAUGER- are you trying for tix today? If you are really in a bind and trust me you can PM and I will buy them for you with your info. I'm not going to steal your info or anthing, but if you are stuck, I will help you. For a fellow Long Islander anytime.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Join the club.

I can access the good sections from work but with the security settings they have here....I cannot purchase anything. Sucks but that's the way it is.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    BUSH-LEAUGER- are you trying for tix today? If you are really in a bind and trust me you can PM and I will buy them for you with your info. I'm not going to steal your info or anthing, but if you are stuck, I will help you. For a fellow Long Islander anytime.

Thank you so much, but I am trying for tomorrow and Wednesday. Pearl Jam fans are the best!

I took a previous posters advice and logged in directly from pearljam.com and it seems to work. I can access the West Palm Beach tix.

I'm really confused though, how was I unable to get in before? Isn't it all pearljam.com?
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    No problem. Yeah I am trying tommorrow and wed, and thursday. Hopefully it goes as smooth as it did for the 5 people trying for tix today but it wont and the site will crash.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    wedgewedge Posts: 81
    office systems are often managed via proxies/firewalls/routers. If your browser is company-installed you may be prevented from using it for some personal activites. You may need to contact your IT administrator for assistance and/or policy clarification.

In some instances using a third party application such as Firefox can be helpful. http://www.getfirefox.com
  • Options
    definitely log in from pearljam.com instead. i am on windows xp managed and dont have priveleges for privacy setting but another person from this forum gave me this valuable advise for the Ed solo shows and it worked.

This is what worked. I just realized that under http://www.tenclub.net I could not log-in however from http://www.pearljam.com I could. The sites appear to be exactly the same, not sure what the difference is?

Anyways, thank you all for your helpful ideas! You just saved me 2 vacation days from work, lol. :D

- Dan
  • Options
    dwrocks1dwrocks1 Posts: 23
    good luck, and it still looks as though there are tixs left. I had this problem with the vic tixs. Just go to privacy in tools and allow all.