Options

save humanity and end the American empire

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    "If the U.S. empire succeeds in establishing its dominance, there will be no future for humanity.
    So am I a "freedom hater" if I honestly agree with this statement? I mean, global warming alone backs it up, not to mention the many, many people dying each day due to U.S. supported violence.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    me actually neither... :(

and I agree and would like to do this correction:
    it is not only the super rich but also the average middle class that holds on to the privileges of rich countries.

And it is not only the US even though they are the strongest and most influencal and indeed the leader,
    also here the population is apathetic and numb. We are more interested in Angelina and Bratt as in the many death in Libanon.
    Young girls see Paris Hilton as the one to follow, an idol instead of thinking that Nelson Mandela did a great job.

you know what I mean? The values and habits that occupy us over the media and that we have inhaled those days make us feel happy in our apathetic behavour.

...dunno what needs to happen that people wake up and scream.
    maybe nothing anymore, maybe the final collapse... we will see.

for the rest I just don't know either any way out of this crazy world...

:(

Being a german how do you find US occupation to be?

I know your media is somewhat controlled by the US and after the Holocaust germans aren't very nationalistic, not raising the flag, etc..

Do you think if the US and Russia had left germany to it's own devices after WW2 that things would be different? Or do you think the US and Soviet occupations are a good thing?

Tchüss
    Ahnimus
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Being a german how do you find US occupation to be?

I know your media is somewhat controlled by the US and after the Holocaust germans aren't very nationalistic, not raising the flag, etc..

Do you think if the US and Russia had left germany to it's own devices after WW2 that things would be different? Or do you think the US and Soviet occupations are a good thing?

Tchüss
    Ahnimus

mhmm, interesting questions and statements, as always :)

well, I guess our media is not anymore controlled by the US or our government.
    Germany is very focused on an objective and independent media so any propaganda can't appear anymore... we learned our lessons due to propaganda, so our media tries to inform us on wide range and I am very happy with our press, some of it actually...

...and you are right, we are not used to patriotic behavour. It was funny to see Germans waving a flag during the soccer world cup and of course a big discussion came up if this newly born patriotic behavour is of any danger or doing us good.

And about the occupation.
    Back then it was the best thing ever happened to us that the US and their allies took care of us, helped us to rebuild the country again and support us in creating a working economic system.

But in retrospective I guess it was all of a higher plan.
    I mean Germany was for sooo long in the middle of the cold war and when I grew up I learned that a bomb could easily hit us, actually every day,
    in case the Soviet vs. US conflict would escalate.
    Furthermore, it was tough to be seperated by a wall for so long and it is even a bigger task to find eachother now, east and west.

So, it did us good back then, but I guess now, that Germany was for quite a while a playing ball of the big heads (Soviet and US), a strategic point so to say.

But nevertheless, due to the freedom and the democratic system, we learned a lot and developed as a free country and as a free spirit.
    Life is good here and we enjoy our privileges. By now we just go with the US,
    not matter of humanity or anything else. We now too want to have this whole system staying alive...

so to sum up:
    I will be always thankful to the US, so will be my dad and my granny.
    But that is not a reason anymore to support the aggressive, imperialistic behavour of the US that is shown extremely recently.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.