Options

CNN.com to replay 9/11 attacks coverage

2»

Comments

• Options
    What's the big deal. You can see it on the internet anytime you want.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    What's the big deal. You can see it on the internet anytime you want.

I was actually thinking the same... they show it plenty of times on tv as well.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    C4Lukin wrote:
    I'm actually interested in this because I missed the first hour. The first tower had just collapsed when I got the call. It isn't about reliving it, but it is historical.

I can see your point on calling it historical because it affected all of us in our own way and we all have our own stories from that day. I dont know about watching it though, I dont know what your day was like. To each his own I guess. But personally I wish the media would do what a couple of people said before and leave it alone. So many things good and bad have happened worldwide after that terrible day.
    Support the Troops
    Go Cubs!
  • Options
    I can't wait for the annual "where were you?" accounts. It doesn't get tiresome or anything.

very good point, then MTV with their specials on how Ja Rule felt. Cause as we all know the entire world cares how much one rich artist in America feels.
    Support the Troops
    Go Cubs!
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Will1659 wrote:
    I'm willing to give you personally the benefit of the doubt here. But Bush/Cheney have implied that connection innumerable times, and there is some depressing percentage of Americans polled who believe Saddam was behind 9/11. Liberal or conservative I don't know, but there are a lot of really stupid people out there.

They implied connections with terrorism and Saddam Hussein. They NEVER implied that Saddam Hussein attacked America on 9/11. There's a big difference. But yes, there are a lot of stupid people out there, I will give you that. And thank you for givin me the benefit of the doubt, I appreciate that. Seriously.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    ....maybe sometime should be spent going after the real culprit.....once again want to profess how much the American war on terror has been a failure....and there are better alternatives to combat terrorism than the Republican blow 'em up game...but some here see violence as necessary.....but I will not again eloaborate on my method to combat terror as everytime I get called out to discuss it no one cares...
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    If we spent 200 billion dollars on developing alternate energy sources to oil, and education in our public schools, we'd really be doing something.

Understand, that we are fighting for a finite supply of an exhaustable resource. No matter how many people will kill under the guise of terrorism or liberation, that shit is going to run out. Maybe not in our lifetimes...or even our children's lifetimes if we all mke it that far as a species...but I'd say within 200 years at current consumption, there will be no more oil.

This does not take into account the industrialization of China, or other Asian nations...which will only add to the burden placed on the resource.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    enharmonic wrote:
    If we spent 200 billion dollars on developing alternate energy sources to oil, and education in our public schools, we'd really be doing something.

Understand, that we are fighting for a finite supply of an exhaustable resource. No matter how many people will kill under the guise of terrorism or liberation, that shit is going to run out. Maybe not in our lifetimes...or even our children's lifetimes if we all mke it that far as a species...but I'd say within 200 years at current consumption, there will be no more oil.

This does not take into account the industrialization of China, or other Asian nations...which will only add to the burden placed on the resource.

You're right, we're not taking care of the real problem. About a month ago, watching our gas prices rise a significant amount finally made me realize that we will run out of it one day. Like you said, maybe not in our lifetime, but one day it will be gone. ESPECIALLY w/ the eruption of China's and India's industrialization. So, all we can do, since our world leaders aren't focusing on what's really at hand, is voice our opinions and act locally.

I woke up from a dream the other night, that the movie theatre I dreamed I was in, got bombed. And I was suddenly in the war zone. Last thing I remember from my dream was that it was me versus the animals pining for berries in the woods. It just really put my world into perspective, made me realize how the big picture is being so seriously overlooked, and our world really is in trouble.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    MrBrian wrote:
    (Just a heads up for anyone who may of missed the events and/or the billion replays of it for the past 5 years)

50 minutes ago
    NEW YORK - CNN will mark the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks by replaying on the Internet the cable network's coverage of that day's events.

Viewers can watch how events unfolded starting at 8:30 a.m., minutes before the first reports of an airplane hitting the World Trade Center. The feed will run in real time, as the network showed it five years ago, until midnight.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060825/ap_on_hi_te/attacks_cnn

If they were to tell the public that they have rebuilt the towers, I wonder how many fools would think this is happening again? ha ha ha ha

Boy oh boy. Some countries and the need to feel like they have been hard done by and making sure it just dosen't go away.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I am with the people who have no real desire to watch this again.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    If they were to tell the public that they have rebuilt the towers, I wonder how many fools would think this is happening again? ha ha ha ha

Boy oh boy. Some countries and the need to feel like they have been hard done by and making sure it just dosen't go away.

That's not really that funny, just so you know. I don't see you making jokes about Isreali bombs killing people in Lebanon ... Its not funny from the other side, either.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    That's not really that funny, just so you know. I don't see you making jokes about Isreali bombs killing people in Lebanon ... Its not funny from the other side, either.

The joke is on the people who they could fool over and over and over without them raising an eyebrow.

As for joking about killing. I like everybody with an opinion will pick a side and roll with it.

Next time in Toronto look me up. Your eyes will bug out of your head the way I joke about death to every nationality. Don't think I pick that many sides. When it keeps being put in your face. It becomes not worth the memory that somebody else carries.

As reiterated so many times during the whopping 30+ day war or lack of that we witnessed just a week or so ago. I love everybody, I just like my kind a little better. If that makes no sense to you. I am just echoing what I read over and over and over again.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    The joke is on the people who they could fool over and over and over without them raising an eyebrow.

As for joking about killing. I like everybody with an opinion will pick a side and roll with it.

Next time in Toronto look me up. Your eyes will bug out of your head the way I joke about death to every nationality. Don't think I pick that many sides. When it keeps being put in your face. It becomes not worth the memory that somebody else carries.

As reiterated so many times during the whopping 30+ day war or lack of that we witnessed just a week or so ago. I love everybody, I just like my kind a little better. If that makes no sense to you. I am just echoing what I read over and over and over again.

Oh, I will look you up ... I actually suspect that we will get along quite well. I don't know ... The 9-11 thing is still a bit too fresh in my mind, believe it or not. Probably by next year I will be able to watch footage, appreciate the jokes, etc.
    Curious as to what you mean by "my kind" ... Not that I have a problem with what you said, in fact, your honesty was refreshing. Just curious as to who you identify with ...