Options

CNN.com to replay 9/11 attacks coverage

MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
(Just a heads up for anyone who may of missed the events and/or the billion replays of it for the past 5 years)

50 minutes ago
NEW YORK - CNN will mark the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks by replaying on the Internet the cable network's coverage of that day's events.

Viewers can watch how events unfolded starting at 8:30 a.m., minutes before the first reports of an airplane hitting the World Trade Center. The feed will run in real time, as the network showed it five years ago, until midnight.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060825/ap_on_hi_te/attacks_cnn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Call me crazy, but I don't know anyone who wants to re-live that. I'm kinda glad I don't have cable.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Unnecessary and, I feel, a bit of sensationalism. Let it rest.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Call me crazy, but I don't know anyone who wants to re-live that. I'm kinda glad I don't have cable.

I agree. I will not be watching. I live in the same state where it happened, saw it enough times, visited the site, mourned for the victims at that time. 5 years later I plan to live my day that day as any other day, do my work, and stay away from all forms of TV/radio newsmedia. Living normally is how you stand up to what happened.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Sad really, just trying to make money off a horrible day, but thats TV NEWS today.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    JaneNY wrote:
    I agree. I will not be watching. I live in the same state where it happened, saw it enough times, visited the site, mourned for the victims at that time. 5 years later I plan to live my day that day as any other day, do my work, and stay away from all forms of TV/radio newsmedia. Living normally is how you stand up to what happened.
    thats excatly what im doing.im not gonna read my newspaper that whole week.sadly enough its my b-day and i turn 21 this year.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I can't wait for the annual "where were you?" accounts. It doesn't get tiresome or anything.
    hate was just a legend
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    C4Lukin wrote:
    I'm actually interested in this because I missed the first hour. The first tower had just collapsed when I got the call. It isn't about reliving it, but it is historical.

That's a really interesting point you make.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Nm
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    5 year anniversary .. 5 year blocks ???? 5 ..10.....15 ....20
    I think that 4 year blocks would be more appropo
    the four year anniversary last year was more symbolic....for me
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Maybe it will jog some people's memories as to one of the reasons why we're at war.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Maybe it will jog some people's memories as to one of the reasons why we're at war.

Yeah maybe it will rekindle my memory on how Iraq attacked America that day.......
  • Options
    Yeah maybe it will rekindle my memory on how Iraq attacked America that day.......

Saddam was in his underground bunker overseeing the whole deal. When will people accept this as fact?
    hate was just a legend
  • Options
    Saddam was in his underground bunker overseeing the whole deal. When will people accept this as fact?

YEah his master command center located in a spider hole.....
  • Options
    Given2FlyGiven2Fly Seattle Posts: 168
    Jeanwah wrote:

It's not on TV .. having cable doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Given2Fly wrote:
    It's not on TV .. having cable doesn't matter.

Coverage will be on just about every medium that day...Not to mention the movies too.
    hailhailkc wrote:

Yeah, it'll remind us that we didn't go and capture Osama binForgotten and instead started a war with Iraq.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Jeanwah wrote:

Yeah, it'll remind us that we didn't go and capture Osama binForgotten and instead started a war with Iraq.

so if its not on the news its not happening? this is what is wrong with alot of people

as far a replaying this on tv, im against it, but maybe it will remind people what we are fighting for right now and trying to prevent from happening again
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    It will also remind us that there is no difference between terrorism and war in the eyes of an innocent victim.

We all experience the same feeling of loss and love when someone we love is take away from us. That is the only religion that matters. The rest of it is horseshit that we use as justification to kill eachother over and over again.

So, on with the propaganda. The idiots need their idols. Fear is the only God that matters in America.
  • Options

Or maybe it will rekindle your memory on how Bush declared that this is a war on terrorism, and those that support terrorism.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    enharmonic wrote:
    It will also remind us that there is no difference between terrorism and war in the eyes of an innocent victim.

We all experience the same feeling of loss and love when someone we love is take away from us. That is the only religion that matters. The rest of it is horseshit that we use as justification to kill eachother over and over again.

So, on with the propaganda. The idiots need their idols. Fear is the only God that matters in America.

i just went to see oliver stone's wtc. its a good movie, but it just pissed me off in the end when i thought about how this horrific act was used as an excuse and a lie to invade iraq. what the fuck ever happened to going after osama and the motherfuckers that were behind 9/11? they aren't in iraq, but the oil is.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Or maybe it will rekindle your memory on how Bush declared that this is a war on terrorism, and those that support terrorism.

What about North Korea, Saudi Arabia, etc....
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242

LOL - good one
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    LOL - good one

Why was that a good one? I've never met anyone, or spoken with anyone who believes that Iraq attacked America on 9/11. As usual, liberals act like conservatives have been saying that all along, when we never have.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    hailhailkc wrote:

Maybe Bush should watch so he can get to the fighting terrorism instead of fucking things up.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    What about North Korea, Saudi Arabia, etc....

Go after them too. It would be nice to see a bigger committment from other countries though. Like Canada, France, etc...
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    RVM86RVM86 Posts: 76
    Well that is quite suprising. I'm glad they are. We need to be reminded of what terrorist really want to accomplish here in America. It is a shame that we are so sheltered from the brutal reality of the world.
    War In Iraq? Do It In My Name.
  • Options
    RVM86 wrote:
    It is a shame that we are so sheltered from the brutal reality of the world.

You can blame that on the media and the gov't that contols our media. Our gov't won't even allow the covered caskets of those who died in Iraq to be seen on tv, let alone personal stories of those who perished also. It's a sick way of making us believe that if we don't see the tragedy, the reality of it isn't there.
  • Options
    Will1659Will1659 Posts: 51
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Why was that a good one? I've never met anyone, or spoken with anyone who believes that Iraq attacked America on 9/11. As usual, liberals act like conservatives have been saying that all along, when we never have.
    I'm willing to give you personally the benefit of the doubt here. But Bush/Cheney have implied that connection innumerable times, and there is some depressing percentage of Americans polled who believe Saddam was behind 9/11. Liberal or conservative I don't know, but there are a lot of really stupid people out there.
  • Options
    Will1659 wrote:
    I'm willing to give you personally the benefit of the doubt here. But Bush/Cheney have implied that connection innumerable times, and there is some depressing percentage of Americans polled who believe Saddam was behind 9/11. Liberal or conservative I don't know, but there are a lot of really stupid people out there.

They definitely alluded to a connection and were certainly less than honest about what they knew at the time. Rumsfield himself was trying to create the scenario on the afternoon of the 11th. Now they are all "we never claimed that!!111!!". In hindsight it seems like they didn't really care about any backlash, they just wanted to get in there by any means necessary.

That may be a bit cynical but their lying and dishonesty continue to mount. I feel sorry for Bush having to defend it when he's just the salesman not the architect.
    hate was just a legend
  • Options
    Hey why don't we make a movie and profit off of 9/11 too!
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    RVM86 wrote:
    Well that is quite suprising. I'm glad they are. We need to be reminded of what terrorist really want to accomplish here in America. It is a shame that we are so sheltered from the brutal reality of the world.

Let them also show some footage of all the atrocities in Iraq, show the caskets of all the soldiers that died, show the effect of cluster bombs... War is ugly but they're trying really hard to hide that from the people. As you said it's a damn shame that we are so sheltered from the brutal reality that is war.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední