Options

Ban all carry on luggage???

2»

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Spartancus wrote:
    Can you believe some cowards are suggesting this?

Read this story, the replies, and my reply below (I couldn't get one to go through on the site)...

http://dailynightly.msnbc.com/2006/08/a_whole_new_way.html#below-fold

Banning all carry-ons is absurd. Unless the airlines can pony up better food, drinks, snacks, baby formula, diapers, wipes, and some decent form of entertainment besides the air travel shopping guides and crappy tv shows, then this isn't going to happen. Of course, if it did happen and the airlines made those provisions accessible to us, we'd pay for it out the nose, and air travel would take a "nose dive" and the air travel industry would further suffer financially.
    I'm for it... less time to frisk the sonsabitches.
    Solution... travel with less. You don't have to bring your whole closet when you travel. You can stash the crap in your carry on in the room vacated by the 3 extra pair of shoes and the 4 jackets and sweaters you've packed. And do you really need to take that Gameboy and DVD player on vacation?
    Travel light... if you need it... buy that sweatshirt you were going to buy, anyway and wear it.
    And you know what I did on my 3 week vacation in Europe? I packed my dirty laundry in a box and shipped it back to my house so I'd have more room in my little suitcase for shit I bought over there. I also had the store ship some of my purchases to my home... my neighbor was picking up the mail... no big deal.
    This is what we get for 6 decades of treating the Arabs like third class 'Stupid towel head, camel jockey, sand coons'... I'm not justifying blowing up planes and shit, but this is the bed our grandparents and parents have made for us and we have to learn how to sleep in it. Welcome to Israel's world... have a nice flight.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    the unseen wrote:
    the bomb that blew up the plane over scottland in the 80's was concealled in checked baggage.....

if someone wants to get a bomb on board bad enough they will think of a way to do it.

banning carry ons,liquids and electronic equipment for more than a day or so plays into the fears the fuckheads want us to have.....and means they have won a small battle even if the plane wasnt blown up.

agreed.

much of it i think of it as a 'band-aid' maneuver, to make it look like 'something' is being done, when in reality....you canNOT fully protect, no matter what.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ...this to me is indeed bad news.
    If I can't take a bottle of water with me on a plain anymore, I can't fly anymore. ...

o.k., o.k., I might be a bit weird, but I need a lot to drink and I need it when I need it... so no water instantly to get means no way!

...this whole security thing makes life more difficult I think...

..and impossible for me to fly (without hand laguage... no book, no music, no Spiegel, no tissues and cream, no water!!!!!! - means: not to make!)
    It seems we loose all coolness.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    hippiemom wrote:
    Screw it ... if that's the way it's going to be, I won't fly. Ban all carry-ons? Are they insane? Have you ever had your luggage take a trip that you weren't on, and not get it back for three days? I have, and I don't even fly that often. I always take a change of clothes and whatever personal items I need to get me through one day in case my luggage doesn't materialize. Some people need medications, special foods, baby formula, there's a huge list. And just for simple convenience sake, who in their right mind would get on a six-hour flight without a book, a laptop, an iPod, something to keep themselves amused? The clouds are only fun to look at for a few minutes.

There are places I'd like to fly to, but if it means being treated like a common criminal and forced to spend 6-10 hours on a plane doing nothing but reading the in-flight catalog, then the hell with it.

Figures ... just when I get over my fear of flying, they make flying intolerable.

They need to quit wasting time treating obvious "non-terrorists" like possible criminals, and begin racial profiling. Its not like its THAT hard to judge that book by its cover.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i belive so ....it´s getting wired ....