Options

I died, I died and you just walked by..........

2»

Comments

• Options
    Everyone in the usa who isn't a WMA and tries, gets benefits.

And what do you mean no middle ground? You under the impression there's only homeless people and uber-wealthy people here?

Despite what you hear, the middle class is alive and well here in the usa.

:)

I never said anything about no middle ground?
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    I never said anything about no middle ground?

I don't believe I was quoting you. I could be mistaken.

Happy Valentines Day!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    I don't believe I was quoting you. I could be mistaken.

Happy Valentines Day!
    Guess I did quote you. Sorry, another guy made a comment about the lack of distance between homeless and rich in the US.

My bad.

Have a good one!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    No. I don't believe in giving them money directly. Money in MOST of their hands, equals a dollar spent on booze.

I can't tell you how many times I have walked by a homeless person, who when they asked if I had any spare change, I answered, " no, but I run a business and would be glad to have you come work for some money to help you out", only to be told to go fuck myself.

Everyone creates their own reality, whether you regret that people like him exist, you still have to face why they exist. Its usually as much their choice as it is anyone elses fault.

But the image has cause discussion. Mission accomplished. :p

One time i gave a homeless guy a 5 cause i was at a parking ticket machine and it ended up giving me three 5's for change, and the guy helped me out with it cause it was a weird machine. So i asked him if he'd like one of the 5s. Of course he agreed - and of course we were right beside a liquor store and i knew that's where he'd head right afterwards... but for some reason it didnt really bother me.

I knew i'd just spend it at the starbucks down the street if i had kept it, and i guess i figured i'd at least make the dude have a happy moment and i could live without my 13 minutes of caffinated bliss.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    very NYC.....and sure, evenflow.
    thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I like those pics and I like the discussion. But I'm puzzled as to why anyone would think that a man with a below knee amputation and a prosthesis is either disabled or incapable of holding a job. Once he strapped his leg back on he would walk the street next to you and you could never tell unless you stood on this foot in a stiletto. He could ski down a slope next to you and you couldn't tell as all.
    My impression is that he was tying a shoelace.
    I was surprised by the beggars in Vancouver in winter, I guess they find it realaievely warm in winter there too. It is such a rare thing to see it in Australia, not totally unknown, but very uncommon.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Options
    I like those pics and I like the discussion. But I'm puzzled as to why anyone would think that a man with a below knee amputation and a prosthesis is either disabled or incapable of holding a job. Once he strapped his leg back on he would walk the street next to you and you could never tell unless you stood on this foot in a stiletto. He could ski down a slope next to you and you couldn't tell as all.
    My impression is that he was tying a shoelace.
    I was surprised by the beggars in Vancouver in winter, I guess they find it realaievely warm in winter there too. It is such a rare thing to see it in Australia, not totally unknown, but very uncommon.

because liberals always think everyone less well off than them is a victim. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    what do you care if he spends the dollar on booze? i mean whatever gets him through the day, im sure he doesnt want to be in the situation he's in
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    what do you care if he spends the dollar on booze? i mean whatever gets him through the day, im sure he doesnt want to be in the situation he's in

I could 100% care less. Im simply against financing it. Thats MY booze money. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    because liberals always think everyone less well off than them is a victim. ;)

ahhhhhhh....stereotypes. ain't life grand? :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ahhhhhhh....stereotypes. ain't life grand? :p

Quiet you!! You're one of "them"!!! :p
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad