Options

Vedder Painting

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great job it's even better than the pj drawing I paid 100 for!
    I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay. we're all just visiting, breaking like waves! - E.V.

"Heaven is not a place you go when you die
    it's that moment you touch her and you actually feel alive."- The Spill Canvas
  • Options
    WES wrote:
    thank you for all the complements, it makes the process so much more worthwhile.....a few people have mentioned getting it made into prints...how would i go about doing such a thing?...it sounds like an interesting way to make some money to help pay off school, while keeping the origional...

Ultimately, i would like nothing more than for Ed to see the painting, however that seems far less than attainable...

Thanks again...

look up painters such as grimshaw. Find out where they do prints through. then, send an email, or a link to them. seriously, I would buy that. I have several james dean / monroe / etc drawing....something like this in black and white/charcol would be awsome as well....I mostly collect charcols/b&w
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    I have opted out of the whole print making process, simply because the pictures I used as reference to paint the peice were not my own, but rather that of professional photographers...I feel copyright infringement may be an issue with it all...
  • Options
    WES wrote:
    I have opted out of the whole print making process, simply because the pictures I used as reference to paint the peice were not my own, but rather that of professional photographers...I feel copyright infringement may be an issue with it all...

You're ok with copyright because it's a painting :)

If you'd taken a photo of the original photo and tried to pass it off as your own, then you could get done for breach of copyright. In the same way you can paint an exact copy of a famous painting by a famous artist and legally sell it if you sign it with your name .. it's only fraud if you try to pass it off as the original.

You could always double protect yourself by crediting the photographers in any publicity, something along the lines of.. "an original painting inspired by the photos of (whoever)" ... I'm sure the photographers would be proud you've done such a good job of "interpreting" their work ;)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    WESWES Posts: 168
    You're ok with copyright because it's a painting :)

If you'd taken a photo of the original photo and tried to pass it off as your own, then you could get done for breach of copyright. In the same way you can paint an exact copy of a famous painting by a famous artist and legally sell it if you sign it with your name .. it's only fraud if you try to pass it off as the original.

You could always double protect yourself by crediting the photographers in any publicity, something along the lines of.. "an original painting inspired by the photos of (whoever)" ... I'm sure the photographers would be proud you've done such a good job of "interpreting" their work ;)

Thanks for the info....I was always wondering why so many people were always allowed to reproduce famous paintings...