Options

Vedder Painting

WESWES Posts: 168
edited September 2005 in The Art Wall
Linked is a painting i recently completed. Over 100 hours invested in it spanning a lengthy 8 monthes...

36"x42"
acrylic on canvas

http://photobucket.com/albums/y83/Weskrpan/?action=view&current=scan_5918162537_1.jpg

hope you enjoy,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    This is a painting? oh my god, it's awesome!! how much are you selling it for?
  • Options
    I so wish I could paint like that!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I met my boufriend in a bar when we both freaked oput when "Do the Evolution" started playing on the juke box. A few months later we were quite drunk, listened to Pearl Jam "Vitalogy" and nine months later, we had the most beautiful baby girl you could imagine. Thick black hair and bleu eyes. If that aint art I don't know.
    Point being: if "Do the Evolution" didn't play that night, I wouldn't have met the guy, and we wouldn't have had this beautifull eight month old baby!
    It's my life....Rock 'n Roll
  • Options
    WES wrote:
    Linked is a painting i recently completed. Over 100 hours invested in it spanning a lengthy 8 monthes...

36"x42"
    acrylic on canvas

http://photobucket.com/albums/y83/Weskrpan/?action=view&current=scan_5918162537_1.jpg

hope you enjoy,

what the hell is that? that is awesome and so well done! you are a genius man, the resemblence is magnificent!
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    This is a painting? oh my god, it's awesome!! how much are you selling it for?

haven't really thought about selling it ...however, if the price is right and its worth my time then I will strongly consider...
  • Options
    WES wrote:
    haven't really thought about selling it ...however, if the price is right and its worth my time then I will strongly consider...

how big is it?
  • Options
    that is unbelievable. i bow to you!!!!!
    I am the end of all your dreams...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pacifier wrote:
    how big is it?

are you asking about the painting or something else ;)

it says the size on his first post....look up
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    are you asking about the painting or something else ;)

it says the size on his first post....look up

woops. missed that, sorry... now I just have to convert it to centimeters..hmm
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    woops. missed that, sorry... now I just have to convert it to centimeters..hmm

wow. I thought it would have to be bigger than that. It looks so cool. If I had the money I would love to buy it, but I would imagine the price would be out of my range. Plus I would need my boyfriends permission (considering it is really his money) but he is a huge pj fan as well
  • Options
    wow! absolutely stunning! well done! :D:D:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    That is breathtaking! Way to freaking go!!!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Wow, that is incredible! Good job WES!
  • Options
    One of the best i've ever seen...great!!
    it's easy to confuse a great design with life's ripercussions

i'd rather die than give you control
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    holy fucking wow!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    holy fucking wow!

HA! I second that. :D

*jaw on floor*

That is amazing WES!! GREAT job!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    seriously, put it to print. Sell coppies
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    seriously, put it to print. Sell coppies

That's a really good idea, it seems like there are a lot of people interested. I think I could afford a copy. The original would be so cool to have though.
  • Options
    neikie wrote:
    I met my boufriend in a bar when we both freaked oput when "Do the Evolution" started playing on the juke box. A few months later we were quite drunk, listened to Pearl Jam "Vitalogy" and nine months later, we had the most beautiful baby girl you could imagine. Thick black hair and bleu eyes. If that aint art I don't know.
    Point being: if "Do the Evolution" didn't play that night, I wouldn't have met the guy, and we wouldn't have had this beautifull eight month old baby!

That's an awesome story.
    I met my husband because of PJ as well and we have been together ever since.
    We have been married for almost 3 years now and we had a beautiful son on June 11th 2004 :)
  • Options
    HOT TAMALE wrote:
    That's an awesome story.
    I met my husband because of PJ as well and we have been together ever since.
    We have been married for almost 3 years now and we had a beautiful son on June 11th 2004 :)

It's an interesting topic. Instead of continuing it here I have created a "Married because of Pearl Jam" thread in the All Encompassing Trip section. If you would like to contribute, that would be cool.
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    That's a really good idea, it seems like there are a lot of people interested. I think I could afford a copy. The original would be so cool to have though.

I think it would sell, pj fan or not, its great art
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Wow. I'm no artist at all. I even suck at drawing stick people. That my friend, was hard to believe it was a painting at first. Especially the one in the bottom lef. But that's REALLY REALLY good. I need one of those to hand up on my wall! Damn it, now I want to buy one of those really really really really really REALLY badly.
    7/10/06
  • Options
    thank you for all the complements, it makes the process so much more worthwhile.....a few people have mentioned getting it made into prints...how would i go about doing such a thing?...it sounds like an interesting way to make some money to help pay off school, while keeping the origional...

Ultimately, i would like nothing more than for Ed to see the painting, however that seems far less than attainable...

Thanks again...
  • Options
    WES wrote:
    thank you for all the complements, it makes the process so much more worthwhile.....a few people have mentioned getting it made into prints...how would i go about doing such a thing?...it sounds like an interesting way to make some money to help pay off school, while keeping the origional...

Ultimately, i would like nothing more than for Ed to see the painting, however that seems far less than attainable...

Thanks again...

If you're going to make prints, then I need one. And if you wanted to send one to Ed, you could send it to them through fan mail I'm sure!
    7/10/06
  • Options
    WES wrote:

Thanks again...

why not check up printing companies that do banners/posters on the internet or in the phone book and ask around a little. I don't know that a paper poster would do it justice though, maybe a material one, those silk kinda ones? Probably expensive though.
  • Options
    Man..if the picture were bigger, I'd just save it and print it out, and hang it up on my wall...I think that smooth, laminated, sort of paper would be nice for this sorta stuff.
    7/10/06
  • Options
    twin2twin2 Posts: 894
    I would love to have a copy as well. It's very, very good.
  • Options
    that is awesome! reeks of passion and talent........nicely done! I think Ed would be honored! Boy, PJ has some awesome fans!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    MoshMosh Posts: 10
    A little too passionate for me, actually.
  • Options
    That's a brilliant brilliant painting! Especially the bottom left .. spot on.

I don't know where you live but here in the Uk printing can be expensive if you want prints that look as good as the original, prices and quality vary drastically ... Alot of printers don't do quality prints that large, and it'd be a shame to get such an excellent painting done badly.

It's definitely worth looking into though ... You can get phone numbers off the internet like Pacifier suggests, or look in the phonebook ring round a few local printers .. even if they don't do what you want, they should know a printer in your area who does and who can give you advice on how to go about it.

Good luck :)
    ♥ ♪ ♪