Options

Top 100 Albums of the 1990's

13»

Comments

• Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    guns n roses' use your illusion doesn't deserve to be on the list (both of them). they were pretty weak. no pearl jam or nine inch nails is heartbreaking, but im happy that radiohead and weezer were on there.
    Don't forget a rapper named Raekwon made it onto that list.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    why are these not on the list?

superunknown - sg
    dirt - aic
    ten, vitalogy, no code, yield - pj
    jagged little pill - alanis morisette
    blood sugar sex magik - rhcp
    black album - metallica
    rage against the machine, evil empire - ratm
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    Jackieboy wrote:
    Yes. Fuck you! Pavement are cool and I'd say that only AIC and Pearl Jam (from the list you made) have made songs that are aesthetically appealing in the way pavement are. Oasis and U2 are about the worst shit ever existed and it does not matter that they have influenced many commercial rock bands. Those predecessors suck as well! (wouldn't be surprised if you hailed Nickleback though)

Pavement is not a bad band i own an album but were talking influential. Oasis is not the greatest band ever nor is U2 but there is no doubt that they have been extremely influential to music. And please please please whatever you do don't put my name and Nicklecrap in the same sentence again. Im sure if you llok through my posts there are a few Nicklecrap bashes in there. I think they are the biggest pieces of crap to ever take the stage. But if you can honestly even try to say that U2 is on the same level as nickelback then you have serious issues when it comes to music. Say what you will about Bono and his politics but U2 is a great band that has made some amazing albums.
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Options
    I think the point is that if Aphex Fucking Twin is on the list, maybe pearl jam should be there too.

I mean really,
    Richard D James is possibly to techno what Ten was to "Grunge", that is to say, oversold, overhyped, overblown.

Come on.

You have to admit this list is pretty snotty.
    And at least as narrow-minded in its "hipness" as PJ fans are in their voracity for all things PJ.

I wouldn't want Ten anywhere near that list. No Code or Yield could definetly be on there though. :)
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    I never put to much thought about these list, everyone should enjoy what they enjoy!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)