Anyone Else Think Everyone Here is Crazy?

2»

Comments

• hobbes wrote:
    this place (like any message board) is a great source of entertainment for me. people here ARE crazy. i pop in every now and then to check out what crazy threads people have started (my personal favorites involve people naming their children/pets after members of the band). not to mention the amount of money people will spend to see pearl jam. if i had the disposable income to do it i would consider it (in some circumstances)..maybe i'm just jealous. but still. damn funny.

it's kind of like hanging out at wal-mart. it puts things in perspective.

LOVE this post.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Settle down lol.
    Have a drink or something.
    Surely your life, being so much more important and interesting, can find something else to contribute here.
    You do know you are adding to the mess, right? lol

Never did i say that my life is more important or interesting. Comments like that only show that I am striking a nerve with people guilty of acting like little children.
    Follow the ageless tide.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    SERKOCH wrote:
    Never did i say that my life is more important or interesting. Comments like that only show that I am striking a nerve with people guilty of acting like little children.
    Well, asking people if they have lives is a bit of a loaded comment.
    Look, I could not care less.
    You are just making yourself look silly is all.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Yes, I'm fucking insane...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,227
    this thread is very ironic.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Yeah, we're crazy. Crazy about PEARL JAM hahaha!

People are just trying to make plans that's all. Not everyone can just drop life and head out on the road when shows are announced. Some people have to line up work replacements, put in for vacation time, maybe even arrange a babysitter.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    SERKOCH wrote:
    Shit... it drives me nuts how so many people on this board spend so much time speculating about wether or not there are going to be more shows than Bonnaroo. Give it a break! I like seeing them play live as much as the next guy on this board but the persistant guessing and gossiping and hoping and bitching just needs to end. I never post on this board... and I just had to take a minute of my day to get this out there. Don't you all have lives?

Go ahead.... bring on the barrage.

Just be happy that you have good music to listen to... and be happy if a show is announced. You all know at some point.... there will be another tour. Just give it a rest.

Well i think thats a little unfair... to say the least...

Very passionate peeps on here... cant blame them...
    If theres anything to be passionate about..music is a pretty good choice

I will however, agree that SOMETIMES... (mostly when people are dissing "Rival" ,"help, help" and "evacuation") i find there to be some crazy kooks.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    SERKOCH wrote:
    It's like papparazzi... like endless shit on ET or the Insider. Especially going into talking about how they saw a band member out on the street with their family.... it's a fine line in my opinion. It's like stalker central in here.

How could you not notice one of the band members out on the street, be fucking stoked and brag to your buds who have the same taste in music?

Is it our fault pearl jam was on tv, put out great music, and have notable faces? Hell no its not... people who aren't looking for that kind of attention become insurance sales men and shit....I agree there is a fine line but i think for the most part (not considering wackos and stalkers) we are pretty respectful towards the memebers and pearl jam as a whole
  • It's a Pearl Jam message board you tool.

For you to not recognize the difference between insanity and people coming together to discuss something that they love is insane in and of itself. You're the one that's sick to even suggest that there's something wrong with most of the people on here, my friend.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,265
    The guesses about Bonnarrrrroooo (sp?) add a little spice, add more threads, maybe a little conversation. If people didn't post, would you have posted in response to their posting? Look, now we get to meet you. :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    SERKOCH wrote:
    Shit... it drives me nuts how so many people on this board spend so much time speculating about wether or not there are going to be more shows than Bonnaroo. Give it a break! I like seeing them play live as much as the next guy on this board but the persistant guessing and gossiping and hoping and bitching just needs to end. I never post on this board... and I just had to take a minute of my day to get this out there. Don't you all have lives?

Go ahead.... bring on the barrage.

Just be happy that you have good music to listen to... and be happy if a show is announced. You all know at some point.... there will be another tour. Just give it a rest.
    i hate when people start stupid ass threads analyzing the people on here or what we talk about. just go play on myspace or something.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...