Anyone Else Think Everyone Here is Crazy?

SERKOCHSERKOCH Posts: 6
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Shit... it drives me nuts how so many people on this board spend so much time speculating about wether or not there are going to be more shows than Bonnaroo. Give it a break! I like seeing them play live as much as the next guy on this board but the persistant guessing and gossiping and hoping and bitching just needs to end. I never post on this board... and I just had to take a minute of my day to get this out there. Don't you all have lives?

Go ahead.... bring on the barrage.

Just be happy that you have good music to listen to... and be happy if a show is announced. You all know at some point.... there will be another tour. Just give it a rest.
Follow the ageless tide.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    what else would you suggest be discussed on a Pearl Jam board?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Lizard wrote:

stp tour
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:

logic will get you nowhere ;)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    SERKOCH wrote:
    Shit... it drives me nuts how so many people on this board spend so much time speculating about wether or not there are going to be more shows than Bonnaroo. Give it a break! I like seeing them play live as much as the next guy on this board but the persistant guessing and gossiping and hoping and bitching just needs to end. I never post on this board... and I just had to take a minute of my day to get this out there. Don't you all have lives?

Just be happy that you have good music to listen to... and be happy if a show is announced. You all know at some point.... there will be another tour. Just give it a rest.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is around here when nothing is set in stone as far as shows go. The threads get more and more ridiculous.

I guess maybe i'm just used to it, it doesn't bother anywhere near as much as it used to. Now I just ignore the stupid, made up, speculation filled threads.
  • Lizard wrote:

It's like a fucking New Kids on the Block fan site!

I saw so and so here... do you really think they'll play here? I really really hope they play there! Oh boy oh boy!
    Follow the ageless tide.
  • Although I don't necessarily think I'm crazy, per se, I did have a personalized license plate when I was 19 that said "CRAZAY1", so maybe I am a little bit odd.

I also worshipped New Kids on the Block when I was in 4th grade.

oops.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I have to agree with this post you freaks!
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    cant understand this thread,maybe just wants a argument to gather more posts
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • SERKOCH wrote:
    I like seeing them play live as much as the next guy on this board but the persistant guessing and gossiping and hoping and bitching just needs to end.

You don't like seeing them as much as the next guy. don't be a liar. you hate Pearl Jam. you're an obvious troll who has created a screenname here with the pathetic goal of simply pissing off Pearl Jam fans. well you and your Scott Stapp tattoo can go take a long walk off a short pier for all I care!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    SERKOCH wrote:
    It's like a fucking New Kids on the Block fan site!

I saw so and so here... do you really think they'll play here? I really really hope they play there! Oh boy oh boy!

u got the right stuff baby
  • I don't really speculate, but I do come here several times a day, so yeah...I am crazy...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • im NOT crazy, thats what my therapists say.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • My last reply...

1. I did not want to start an argument... though i knew it would start one. I just got a little annoyed.
    2. I have been a PJ fan since the beginning.... own all the albums.... dvds... books... some vinyl... and have traveled hundreds and hundreds of miles to see them play.
    3. Visiting the board for legit information (like i do) several times a day isn't who i am calling crazy.... it's the rumor making, speculating people who just keep it going and going and going and going.... I say enough is enough. Oh yeah... the complaining about the bands decisions of where and when to tour... that too. :-)
    Follow the ageless tide.
  • whatever you say Mr Pittsburgh
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • SERKOCH wrote:

While i get your point completely... just curious.. when you are lurking on here day and night, what posts are you looking for? What interests you? Also just because you don't type doesn't mean you have any more of a life as a lurker.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,494
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    stp tour

I wonder if they discuss PJ on the STP boards?
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    stp tour

Can't wait for this.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    SERKOCH wrote:

i dont "think" everyone here is crazy. i KNOW 95% of the people here are out of their fucking minds, starting with poster people.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,971
    crazy is as crazy does
  • i dont "think" everyone here is crazy. i KNOW 95% of the people here are out of their fucking minds.

It's like papparazzi... like endless shit on ET or the Insider. Especially going into talking about how they saw a band member out on the street with their family.... it's a fine line in my opinion. It's like stalker central in here.
    Follow the ageless tide.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    i dont "think" everyone here is crazy. i KNOW 95% of the people here are out of their fucking minds, starting with poster people.

couldn't agree with you more
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • SERKOCH wrote:
    It's like stalker central in here.

I do what I do cause I like it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,302
    SERKOCH wrote:
    My last reply...

1. I did not want to start an argument... though i knew it would start one. I just got a little annoyed.
    2. I have been a PJ fan since the beginning.... own all the albums.... dvds... books... some vinyl... and have traveled hundreds and hundreds of miles to see them play.
    3. Visiting the board for legit information (like i do) several times a day isn't who i am calling crazy.... it's the rumor making, speculating people who just keep it going and going and going and going.... I say enough is enough. Oh yeah... the complaining about the bands decisions of where and when to tour... that too. :-)

ok so you are the only one that is sane when it comes to this board ok that's fine ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    nothing wrong with speculating and getting info about possible shows....

If you have limited funds, if a closer show to your home might be happening, etc, it might make someone rethink Bonnaroo....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,227
    If I met a member of PJ where do you suggest I talk about my experience? I thought the Pearl Jam message board would be a good place to go but it seems you know better. So enlighten me.

THere is always speculation on tour dates. I am a big Phish phan and they have been broken up since 2004 yet everyday there are rumors of a possible come back and rumored possible venue holds on the Phish board.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• this place (like any message board) is a great source of entertainment for me. people here ARE crazy. i pop in every now and then to check out what crazy threads people have started (my personal favorites involve people naming their children/pets after members of the band). not to mention the amount of money people will spend to see pearl jam. if i had the disposable income to do it i would consider it (in some circumstances)..maybe i'm just jealous. but still. damn funny.

it's kind of like hanging out at wal-mart. it puts things in perspective.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,302
    nothing wrong with speculating and getting info about possible shows....

If you have limited funds, if a closer show to your home might be happening, etc, it might make someone rethink Bonnaroo....

exactly just a little info & fun ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,884
    all the speculation before a new tour / album is the most fun!

plus the more ppl talk about it the more it reaches pj that we want a tour. I mean come on, look at all the crazyness over the posters, and wala we get a poster book detailing the process and comments and etc that everyone wanted to know about, so it works, period. :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pj wrote:
    all the speculation before a new tour / album is the most fun!

plus the more ppl talk about it the more it reaches pj that we want a tour. I mean come on, look at all the crazyness over the posters, and wala we get a poster book detailing the process and comments and etc that everyone wanted to know about, so it works, period. :D

That's a stretch...
    Follow the ageless tide.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    SERKOCH wrote:
    It's like papparazzi... like endless shit on ET or the Insider. Especially going into talking about how they saw a band member out on the street with their family.... it's a fine line in my opinion. It's like stalker central in here.
    Settle down lol.
    Have a drink or something.
    Surely your life, being so much more important and interesting, can find something else to contribute here.
    You do know you are adding to the mess, right? lol
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away