Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Beach wrote:
    Please God give me strength..

Strength.... I need some myself, right about now.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • runawayrunaway Posts: 427
    Beach wrote:

Please give me strength too, I can't do this on my own...I need help
    Thank you PJ Family for your words...xo
    Music is the universal language
    What's better than a cigar? Ed with a sitar
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    this book says everything I've been feeling...
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    runaway wrote:
    Beach wrote:

Please give me strength too, I can't do this on my own...I need help
    Thank you PJ Family for your words...xo

whats wrong?
    if you can talk about it a little bit
    maybe it will help.
    only if you want to that is.
    both of you
    i mean it
    i'm a good listener
    and you know, sometimes i even have
    some good advice :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    thank you.
    my poetry does that.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    thank you.
    my poetry does that.
    :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    It's fun having my sister and brother-in-law in town. They tend to laugh a lot. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    Saw dolphins swimming in the intracoastal today. Haven't seen that in years.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited July 2010
    hmm....is 32 too young? :?
    Post edited by prism on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Please see it from my side. What I was in. The abuse.
    Don't stand there. Say something.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    prism wrote:

36 lost a man, no kids...32...you're fortunate
    not sure who you were addressing...but that's okay.

i survived an abusive relationship w/ my kids dad. left him, i took my kids with just our clothes, a few baby items and toys, and got on a ferry & buses to cross the canadian border back to the u.s.; to a city and state where i didn't know a soul....that was 21 yrs ago.

we stayed at the shelter here for a couple weeks, went back for a yr & a half for counseling, then i voluteered there for almost 3 yrs...so there's a few things i know...

ppl should always speak up. not just if they've been, but anyone that's witness to it. the abused person can sometimes be in some heavy denial, so call and report it to the cops. if you not positive that physical abuse took place...call them anyway and let the cops figure it out if there's any sign of it... even if the victim is unwilling to cooperate, by saying nothing happened, by law cops have to make an arrest if there's a sign.

many still go back to their abuser, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to turn a blind eye also...every county has shelter(s), volunteers, advocates and other resources for DV help. there's times when others speaking up is the only way the abused person will get the required help in order to become and stay safe.

pm me if you need or want to
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    runaway wrote:
    prism wrote:

you must've misunderstood my meaning. i was just wondering if 32 is too young a man for me? i'm 46

my kids are old enough (early 20's) to think that no man is ever good enough to come near their mommy... hahaha ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    prism wrote:

you must've misunderstood my meaning. i was just wondering if 32 is too young a man for me? i'm 46

my kids are old enough (early 20's) to think that no man is ever good enough to come near their mommy... hahaha ;)

No, I'm thinking about becoming a "cougar" myself....I am too old for men my age and I don't want someone my dad's age...haha
    runaway wrote:
    prism wrote:
    runaway wrote:

No, I'm thinking about becoming a "cougar" myself....I am too old for men my age and I don't want someone my dad's age...haha

Baby-Cougar-1-XSR3GIP4ZF-1600x1200.jpgmaybe become a baby cougar? ;):)

though by the point of around mid-20's how mature or responsible a person is has lil to nothing to do with age...goes for both men and women
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    sweet pic...do you think 36 is too young???
    runaway wrote:

i dunno...actually i don't much see the reason for labels

i do know that my uncle was 24 when he married my aunt in 1950....she was 36...she also outlived him by 9 years. they had 4 daughters....my cousins have been known to refer to their mom as 'the original cougar' :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism wrote:
    runaway wrote:

i dunno...actually i don't much see the reason for labels

i do know that my uncle was 24 when he married my aunt in 1950....she was 36...she also outlived him by 9 years. they had 4 daughters....my cousins have been known to refer to their mom as 'the original cougar' :D

haha...that gives me hope
    prism wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    prism wrote:

that depends on the man
    is he "mature" enough to deal with a lady like yourself
    but still fun enough to do all the things you want to do?
    if so
    go for it
    good luck!
    peace,
    jo

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So many wonderful things happening.......
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    my daughter just texted me...she asked what I was upset about because there is a horrible storm where she is and it is upsetting my granddaughter. she says it always storms when I am upset. I said it's not me today... :lol:
    prism wrote:

i survived an abusive relationship w/ my kids dad. left him, i took my kids with just our clothes, a few baby items and toys, and got on a ferry & buses to cross the canadian border back to the u.s.; to a city and state where i didn't know a soul....that was 21 yrs ago.

we stayed at the shelter here for a couple weeks, went back for a yr & a half for counseling, then i voluteered there for almost 3 yrs...so there's a few things i know...

ppl should always speak up. not just if they've been, but anyone that's witness to it. the abused person can sometimes be in some heavy denial, so call and report it to the cops. if you not positive that physical abuse took place...call them anyway and let the cops figure it out if there's any sign of it... even if the victim is unwilling to cooperate, by saying nothing happened, by law cops have to make an arrest if there's a sign.

many still go back to their abuser, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to turn a blind eye also...every county has shelter(s), volunteers, advocates and other resources for DV help. there's times when others speaking up is the only way the abused person will get the required help in order to become and stay safe.

The police don't arrest someone if they see bruises. They saw the bruises. They asked me if I wanted him arrested.
    The thing to remember is, if someone hits you the first time, leave them because it will only get worse.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    I Got Flowers Today

I got flowers today.
    It wasn’t my birthday or any special day.
    We had our first argument last night,
    and he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me.
    I know he is sorry and didn’t mean the things he said
    because he sent me flowers today.
    I got flowers today.
    It wasn’t our anniversary or any other special day.
    Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me.
    It seemed like a nightmare. I couldn’t believe it was real.
    I know he must be sorry because he sent me flowers today.
    I got flowers today,
    and it wasn’t Mother’s Day or any other special day.
    Last night, he beat me up again.
    If I leave him, what will I do?
    How will I take care of my kids? What about money?
    I’m afraid of him and scared to leave.
    But I know he must be sorry
    because he sent me flowers today.
    I got flowers today.
    Today was a very special day.
    It was the day of my funeral.
    He finally killed me.
    If only I had gathered enough courage and strength
    to leave him,
    I would not have gotten flowers today.

---Author Unknown
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    that was one of the poems that got me out of where i was
    thanks for sharing that
    i sure hope it helps someone else as well
    peace,
    jo

I hate my life...
    Beach wrote:
    prism wrote:

The police don't arrest someone if they see bruises. They saw the bruises. They asked me if I wanted him arrested.
    The thing to remember is, if someone hits you the first time, leave them because it will only get worse.

you're right that the important thing is to leave the first time, because it will happen again...and again...etc

i wasn't aware these days there's still any states where the cops "let the victim decide" if the abuser gets arrested or not, when there's evidence that an DV assault took place. in most states the abuser goes to jail. because law enforcement knows it's very easy for victims to be coerced into remaining silent, or dropping the charges out of fear. often times DA's won't even allow the victim to drop the charges.

not like in ancient times (prior to the 90's) when the victim had to go swear out a warrant before a magistrate (during business hours) before the cops could make an arrest.

anyway...hopefully you had him arrested. most importantly is that; you are safe.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    BEACH Wrote:

abso-freakin-lutely! true!
    peace,
    jo

edited July 2010
    Best to forget
    Post edited by supersonicyears on
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Such a weird feeling seeing cards from the EX's girlfriend, saying how much she loves him, and a picture of them together....

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mikalina wrote:
    So many wonderful things happening.......

all is well I trust ? I hope so.

Godfather.
This discussion has been closed.