Instant thoughts. (add yours if you like)

Comments

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    If all you need is love
    Then why is it that I take for granted
    The love that is all around me
    But alas, I feel that the love I want, nay deserve
    Always is, and always will be left by the wayside
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    This is the first morning since we've moved here that it was cold enough to need a jacket. :!:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    The greatest thing
    in life is finding someone
    who knows all of your
    mistakes and weaknesses,
    and still finds you
    completely amazing.

Hmmmmm, I like these words I think I'll keep them close by for sure.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    another week...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993

You'll never leave
    where you are
    until you decide
    where you'd
    rather be.

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • weedweed Posts: 475
    Bring Me Coffee

fences

the phone rang
    silhouette
    unknown
    join a dissident
    once remembered
    now forgotten
    COME ROLL THE DICE FOR ME
    get carried away
    did you miss the message
    I know you'd still rather mess with me than get going
    Halloween is coming.

My mother-in-law STILL sends bags of candy to my children even though we've asked her not to send it for years. She ignores the fact that my younger son is trying to lose weight. She doesn't respect our wishes enough to stop sending it. She just sends it even though we've asked her not to AND even though she knows it's bad for my son's health.

She doesn't care. She doesn't listen. She makes me angry. :evil:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    justam wrote:
    Halloween is coming.

My mother-in-law STILL sends bags of candy to my children even though we've asked her not to send it for years. She ignores the fact that my younger son is trying to lose weight. She doesn't respect our wishes enough to stop sending it. She just sends it even though we've asked her not to AND even though she knows it's bad for my son's health.

just send it back.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

just send it back.

We throw it away but it still makes me really angry because she doesn't respect anyone enough to listen! :x
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    justam wrote:

just send it back.

We throw it away but it still makes me really angry because she doesn't respect anyone enough to listen! :x

by sending it back shell have concrete evidence that maybe perhaps she doing something wrong. id be stuffing her mailbox with unwanted candy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

You know what my stance is.
    I don't do second chances.

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    justam wrote:

just send it back.

by sending it back shell have concrete evidence that maybe perhaps she doing something wrong. id be stuffing her mailbox with unwanted candy.

That'd be too cruel because she'd just feed it to her diabetic husband. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    An Evening Ride On The Potomac

Nothing like going for a brisk ride
    with a chill in the air as the sun sets quietly in the distance
    on the Potomac River running by my side
    as if she's trying to keep up with me,
    she can't cause I'm riding and I feel free

Legs are pumping hard to keep that heartbeat
    mostly downhill feels so good like I'm flying
    if I put my hands out wide and glide

Heading back is now an uphill struggle'
    losing light time to dig down and hustle
    I zoom past some and some zoom by me

Feeling good now back stiffness all gone
    Legs burning, can't feel em, I'm almost home
    Ahhh I've reached the top just waiting on a traffic light

YES, my heart's racing wanting to go but standing still
    Sweats pouring, steams rises, but my fingers are numb
    My nostrills fill with cold of night, I'm ready to go
    But I let lose a snotrocket as straight as an archer's arrow

My turn I'm off in a dash as I cross flyng dirt, I come to screeching halt
    I've reached my destination, I did it with ease like a grain of salt
    For the first time all day I feel really ALIVE!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    justam wrote:
    Halloween is coming.

Be kind to the Mother-in-laws, not always easy for the daughter- in- laws
    but someday you will be one- And Karma will getcha!
    No matter how down you may feel,
    music is always there to comfort you...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    almost overslept today. a weeks vacation, a week off sick to come back yesterday.

would have sucked if i overslept by an hour today.

i fell asleep on the couch last night so the GF set an alarm for me out there. i woke up at 3am checked it and it was set for 7:59. i get up at 7:00 :o
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    pandora wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Halloween is coming.

??
    I am always kind to people. :geek:

I'm not going to pretend I'm not angry when someone does something to hurt someone I love though.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    justam wrote:
    Halloween is coming.

??
    Maybe I should have said understanding that would have been a better word. I think she probably does care- probably thinks no one listens to her and she is probably from the old school that Halloween is candy time- once a year and all.
    pandora wrote:
    justam wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    ??
    Maybe I should have said understanding that would have been a better word. I think she probably does care- probably thinks no one listens to her and she is probably from the old school that Halloween is candy time- once a year and all.

Pandora, please don't defend this terrible woman. She sends candy at any opportunity DESPITE the fact that we repeatedly ask her not to. I'm sick of it!

Sending an enormous box of chocolate for Easter, for Halloween, for Christmas, for whatever stupid excuse of a holiday there might be is not appropriate when someone is struggling to keep their weight down. It's like bringing poison into the environment. It's like bringing alcohol to a recovering alcoholic. It's WRONG.

It's NOT okay to ignore your grandchild's needs because you feel like pushing candy on him.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Well its obvious you don't get along well with her and think there is perhaps something devious in her actions.
    A good sense of humor at times like this might help.
    Really when you look at the big picture and think its just candy that can be easily ignored.
    Defending someone is just looking at things from their point of view and sometimes when you are so close to the situation thats hard to do.
    I thought it might be helpful to see she might feel like an outsider as many mother-in-laws do with the hubbies then caught in the middle.
    I think old time Moms equate food with love- she is giving love to your kids whatever the holiday. I say teach your children to accept it graciously whether they want to eat it or not.
    Actually, at times like these, giving out general advice really shows up as nonsense.

My husband hates his mother because of so many terrible and cruel things she did to him as a child. I've been kind to her for all the years we've been together but in the last few years my husband has actually stopped speaking to her because she is so toxic to him.

Sorry your assessment of the situation is so far off in our case. Maybe next time your comments about someone else's feelings will be more fitting? :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Actually, at times like these, giving out general advice really shows up as nonsense.

My husband hates his mother because of so many terrible and cruel things she did to him as a child. I've been kind to her for all the years we've been together but in the last few years my husband has actually stopped speaking to her because she is so toxic to him.

Sorry your assessment of the situation is so far off in our case. Maybe next time your comments about someone else's feelings will be more fitting? :geek:
    My point was to calm you and to help show you what you are demonstrating to your young son. History does repeat itself to some degree. I think your son may see it will be ok for his future wife to treat you as you have treated. I always choose to look for the good in people including your motherinlaw. I am sorry for your husbsnd without a mother he can love and depend on. My point was what we sow we reap. I guess you are saying this is what your motherinlaw has coming. But is this really the way you want to live and how you want your child to view family?
    I need a hug... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Damnit... I'm so bored I'm posting on RM... things must be bad...

MUST. FIND. BETTER. WAY. TO. WASTE. TIME.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • justam wrote:

Sometimes we ALL need to keep in mind this statement above. If one does not understand the history of a person or situation...someone may come of as abrasive or nonsensical.

I know from experience on this board certain people love to give advice not understanding not all of us have had a happy upbringing or happy present. Giving advice to always be happy and look on the positive side isn't always easy for some. I do believe in karma though.... :D
    justam wrote:

Sometimes we ALL need to keep in mind this statement above. If one does not understand the history of a person or situation...someone may come of as abrasive or nonsensical.

I know from experience on this board certain people love to give advice not understanding not all of us have had a happy upbringing or happy present. Giving advice to always be happy and look on the positive side isn't always easy for some. I do believe in karma though.... :D
    me too- i believe in karma.
    Sometimes a removed person sees things in a more simple and clear way . Its very easy to see the wrongs done to us without seeing our own deeds til hindsight takes over.
    Some might consider it cruel to intentionally alienate ones child from their paternal grandmother. As I said its very hard the relationship between mother in laws and daughter in laws. I was not offering advice just hoping to lighten her load but her anger runs to deep and is toxic also to her family. I would like to think they could repair the damage. I actually think my assessment was pretty close. I have seen husbands turn away from their mothers and I would just hope, being a Moms myself, that this could be reversed. Most especially since this grandmother may be leaving this world soon.
  • pandora wrote:
    justam wrote:

me too- i believe in karma.
    Sometimes a removed person sees things in a more simple and clear way . Its very easy to see the wrongs done to us without seeing our own deeds til hindsight takes over.
    Some might consider it cruel to intentionally alienate ones child from their paternal grandmother. As I said its very hard the relationship between mother in laws and daughter in laws. I was not offering advice just hoping to lighten her load but her anger runs to deep and is toxic also to her family. I would like to think they could repair the damage. I actually think my assessment was pretty close. I have seen husbands turn away from their mothers and I would just hope, being a Moms myself, that this could be reversed. Most especially since this grandmother may be leaving this world soon.

this wasn't directed towards you...I agree with you... :D
    oh good I was hoping I wasn't abrasive -
    I'm older and have had my mom in law now for almost 30 years- just have not always done it right
    I was hoping to help thru my mistakes is all
  • I need a hug... :(

*hugs HSB*
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    I need a hug... :(

*hugs HSB*
    Thank you, it's just been one of those days...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
This discussion has been closed.