Options

MSG I Poster

CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Please post a picture here when someone gets time to upload it! Thanks!
"i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I got one; one of the best posters I've ever seen
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/onaplainmemorabilia/CIMG3899.jpg

for future reference, "given to fly" is a good place to look for the latest posters

i like this one! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    This one is awesome...definitely a keeper and one to frame. I'm just wondering what parts of this will have it's color changed tomorrow night?
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    sgossard3 wrote:
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w301/onaplainmemorabilia/CIMG3899.jpg

for future reference, "given to fly" is a good place to look for the latest posters

i like this one! :D
    wow ! I love it !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    These sold out sooooooooo fast! People were offering me $100-$200 at the show for my poster. Too bad, though...I'm framing mine
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    These sold out sooooooooo fast! People were offering me $100-$200 at the show for my poster. Too bad, though...I'm framing mine
    they did??
    i was at the merch stands from b4 they even opened and they had what seemed like about no less than 500/600 in EACH stand on both sides and they stayed selling for hours...I dunno..its not the greatest poster...maybe tomorrows will be a nicer tint or shade w/e
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    I tried to get my poster as I walked in (around 7) and the guy told me they had been sold out for hours. I also noticed that you did not even need a ticket into the venue to get a poster. They were only sold outside the gates. WTF? Anybody could have just walked in off of the street and bought one. Which, in fact, must have been what some did because when I found out they were sold out I went to ebay on my phone and did a search and there was already one up for sale?!?!?!?
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    They had 233 at each merch stand.. the guy told me. I got mine.. but after the show a gatorade was watery form the ice.. and there is some water damage.. u have to look close for it.. but it's there. Kinda upset.. but I can always get a new one..
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Poster is awesome...good work Ames Bros !!
    I got a message last night from my friend he got me a poster and I couldn't be more happy.

Can't wait to see it in person.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    kj19kj19 Posts: 2
    i finally got one.
    this is my 4th show and my first poster i managed to get.
    i was worried cause when i got there there were two lines ,one on the right and one on the left ,i went to the right and when i was about to get to the front of the line ,the guy was like no more posters,so then everyone ran toward the other line and i was like damn they gonna sell out and im not gonna get 1 again.
    I got lucky this time,the show was great i had a blast,cant wait for tonights show,hopefully ill get lucky and get a poster again.
    Heres a pic of mine :)
    2cmu43p.jpg
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    finally they come up with a corker....love this one, think its top bollock
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Everyone is kidding, right? This Poster is RIDICULOUS.
  • Options
    nope, love it
  • Options
    SiR85SiR85 Posts: 13
    I really don't like it!!!!
  • Options
    thats the beauty of posters I guess
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Reminds me of Rush... fighting trees... I think it's pretty awesome though! Love the old looking cartoon characters.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    interesting angles on this, as I thought DC was quite a lame and tired political statement again
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    stickboy wrote:
    they did??
    i was at the merch stands from b4 they even opened and they had what seemed like about no less than 500/600 in EACH stand on both sides and they stayed selling for hours...I dunno..its not the greatest poster...maybe tomorrows will be a nicer tint or shade w/e

that's not what I heard, I have 3 friends already tell me they went in and they were sold out by 6:00pm
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I tried to get my poster as I walked in (around 7) and the guy told me they had been sold out for hours. I also noticed that you did not even need a ticket into the venue to get a poster. They were only sold outside the gates. WTF? Anybody could have just walked in off of the street and bought one. Which, in fact, must have been what some did because when I found out they were sold out I went to ebay on my phone and did a search and there was already one up for sale?!?!?!?
    thats the fucked up thing about MSG. You dont even have to go to the concert..just walk into the lobby area, get a PJ poster, go home and sell it..its bullshit.
  • Options
    that's not what I heard, I have 3 friends already tell me they went in and they were sold out by 6:00pm
    I dunno..perhaps...and whichever merch stand guy said there was only 233 in each stand is full of shit. Me and my boy got the call at 5 telling us, Posters are now on sale...at 7pm I seen people still buying wristands. Hell even some of my friends walked back on line and wound up with 3 posters..Im telling you, they even opned up the second stand on the left around that time and had about another 600 at LEAST in that one. Im gonna say there was at least 1000 to 1500 distributed.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    I got my wrist band @5:30. Within 20 minutes they were gone, unless they held some back for sale later on. Didn't see any posters put out til after the show. As for the 233 number, that's what I was told, too.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    alf7624alf7624 Posts: 102
    I was there at roughly 6:30, a few mins before, and there were no more posters for sale.

I asked one of the merch booth guys upstairs to see if they even had posters to sell, and he said they only had 460 or so for the whole show, and they were all sold down stairs.

Not sure what poster you were buying after 7pm at 3 or 4 at a time, and that you saw 1500 plus of them??? Was it the Ames Bros. poster,or the regular tour poster??
    ===============================================================
    PJ Shows-
    2022-  Camden, NJ 9/14/22
    2021 - Asbury Park, NJ  - 9/18/21
    2018 - Boston 1 & 2 - 9/2/18 & 9/4/18
    2016 - Chicago 1 -8/20/16 // Boston 1&2- 8/5/16 & 8/7/16 // NYC 1- 5/1/16
    2015- NYC- 9/26/15
    2013- Brooklyn, NY 1&2- 10/18/13 & 10/19/13 // Chicago- 7/19/13
    2010- NYC- 5/20/10
    2009- Philly- 10/31/09
    2008- EV Solo Newark NJPAC- 8/7/08 // Mansfield- 6/28/08 // NYC- 6/24/08
    2006- E. Ruth, NJ 1 & 2- 6/1/06 & 6/3/06
    2003- NYC 1&2- 7/8/03 & 7/9/03 // Uniondale, NY- 4/30/03
    2000- Jones Beach 1&2- 8/23/00 & 8/24/00
    1998- NYC- 9/11/98 (2nd Row) // E. Ruth, NJ- 9/8/98 (First PJ show)
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    alf7624 wrote:
    I was there at roughly 6:30, a few mins before, and there were no more posters for sale.

I asked one of the merch booth guys upstairs to see if they even had posters to sell, and he said they only had 460 or so for the whole show, and they were all sold down stairs.

Not sure what poster you were buying after 7pm at 3 or 4 at a time, and that you saw 1500 plus of them??? Was it the Ames Bros. poster,or the regular tour poster??

460 sounds a lot better than the 70 posters they had for sale on 2003.... 70 people got a tkt to get a poster on the outside booth and inside there was nothing, I got in early cause I had a broken foot and with my broken foot went to the booths they said posters will be at and there was nothing! of course then I ran into an MSG usher with 3 posters in his hand trying to sell me 1 for $175 :eek:

This year doesn't sound like it was any different...hmmmm
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    people like that thing? we were laughing at it its so hideous. I wouldnt put that thing in an outhouse. ames bros. needs to just stop making posters. good lord. awful. I should thank them for giving me more drining time i suppose :)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    SiR85 wrote:
    I really don't like it!!!!

if it said 'Buffalo New York June 24,2008" at the bottom this poster would be getting killed this morning
  • Options
    people like that thing? we were laughing at it its so hideous. I wouldnt put that thing in an outhouse. ames bros. needs to just stop making posters. good lord. awful. I should thank them for giving me more drining time i suppose :)

Personally, I love the poster. This is a perfect example of how art is totally subjective.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options

have a word Tim!!!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Gotta say - I am on the fence about this one - I agree if this was the Columbia poster, it may very well not be held in the high regard many appear to be holding it. Actually, I much prefer the Columbia poster to this one. That said, for the first time I regret not picking up a sub. I think the work this tour has been really diverse and interesting (save and except WPB, sorry I really don't like that print).
  • Options
    yes this tour has been ok, nothing amazing though,

to put these things into order I would now go: -

1. MSG
    2. Virginia
    3. Columbia
    4. Tampa
    5. Camden
    6. DC
    7. Manchester
    8. WPB
    9. Bonnarro

does anyone actually think they've made that tour masterpiece yet though? with only one left its seems we're hanging onto the octopus to be legend again....come on Boston
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    We think it has some Disney quality to it. Definitely something a little different than the most recent posters. I like it. Wonder if it will be the same tonight with different colors, or ......???
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!