2»

Comments

• Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    i was just going to mention the capris

capris - equivalent to white pants hahahahhaa

sorry i just had to throw it out there
  • Options
    That Rock Honors show was really pretty damn great. Pearl Jam were so perfect it was scary. Eddie really gave it his all on "Love, Reign O'er Me". Jeff impressed me with his work on "The Real Me". So great to see the boys running around and celebrating one of the few bands that they all love.

I've seen Incubus live on four seperate occasions, and they ALWAYS impress the hell out of me. They have really worked hard on becoming accomplished performers and they're great. One of the few "next generation/post grunge" rock bands that I have thoroughly enjoyed since the first time I heard them.

While Incubus was a bit out-classed, it was great to see them included in the show.

If you haven't explored their music, I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I heard Love Reign O'er Me three times on the 2008 tour and I really thought it was better all three of those times than it was last night. (I am NOT saying last night wasn't exceptional too). I didn't really like the orchestra added in.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    NYbenben wrote:
    Foo Fighters were AMAZING....they were so damn hard...

I agree, but we may be alone in this regard

bargain was my favorite song of the night
  • Options
    TDMize15TDMize15 Posts: 166
    Incubus was the most pleasant surprise. I thought "I Can See For Miles" was great, "I Can't Explain" was good except for the backing vocals.

I was really disappointed with the Foo Fighters, because I love them and thought they were not very good at all. And I hated that guys vocals on "Bargain".

Tenacious D was... well, what I expected. Flaming Lips were entertaining but musically OK.

Pearl Jam... Holy shit. They always make me proud. They really nailed both of their songs. I thought everyone in the band was spot on perfect.

The Who, well they are The Who. They were incredible. I thought Roger was a bit rough on Baba, but really hit his stride by the end, especially on "Tea and Theatre".
    All the rusted signs, we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...

And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    okay, i'm a huge, huge, huge incubus fan. i thought they sounded very tight, as far as musicianship and quality, esp. considering they were representing the youngest of generations there. they're really a band that you have to dig into, in order to appreciate everything they've done. they've accomplished a whole lot for a relatively young group of guys and have done it all on their own terms. they're a band of childhood friends and if you go see them live, you can feel it.

i was disappointed in dave grohl, but i also heard he was under the weather, so whatevs.

pearl jam obviously rocked the show, stage presence was great.

i'd say i overall enjoyed the rock honors show, i'll watch the repeats, haha:)

oh, and about brandon boyd's pants rolled up black jeans...he's done WAY worse in the wardrobe department. the man cuts up every t-shirt into a tank top and wears it every day. i think he's still wearing the same clothes as he did 10 years ago. kinda remind you of anyone?
    i've been in my mind, it's such a fine line...